Warframe

Talk on any game/console that doesn't have its own forum, including browser-based games

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Warframe

Post by Dog Pants »

I still have it installed. It didn't really grab me, but I'll join in a 5punkygame if it happens. I also have a starter pack code for anyone else who wants one.
deject
Berk
Berk

Post by deject »

Anery wrote:Well, I'd dragged both my Trinity Warframe and my Burston rifle up to level 30 and not really having a clue I polarised my Burston. This reset the level back to 0 but allowed me to polarise one of the upgrade slots.
As a result I have been loading up my lower level warframes recently and having a blast, I have the excalibur prime and the slash dash skill is brilliant when you use it on a pack of enemies - especially corpus in the coridoors. And thanks to the new polarity I was able to slot my maxxed out armour pen upgrade pretty easily.

PCG are giving away starter packs this month, I have a code if anyone wants it?

Also, who else is still playing this? I see Deject play it everynow and then, anyone else? might try and get a 5punky warframe run sorted out.
I definitely still play, though since I have started work my play time has dropped quite a bit.

I all of the Warframes but 2 now, and a lot of weapons. Currently I'm at Mastery Rank 9, with 10 a distinct possibility. I might have to buy a much more weaponst to get there, but that isn't a big deal. At most I spend the 20 plat on the potatoes so I can stretch it out a bit.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

It's like they're speaking another language.
deject
Berk
Berk

Post by deject »

Dog Pants wrote:It's like they're speaking another language.
Mastery Rank == Level (which is increased by leveling up Warframes and weapons)
plat == Platinum (the real money currency)
potatoes == Orokin Reactors and Catalysts (which you can socket into Warframes and weapons to double their available mod energy)
Anery
Optimus Prime
Optimus Prime

Post by Anery »

Dog Pants wrote:It's like they're speaking another language.
I had no idea about the potatoes

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCkerYMffMo[/media]

I'm currently only rank 3, and I only own a few warframes - Tritinity (which is my only 30) Volt, Ember, 2 Excaliburs...and Nekros (who is fucking awesome to play - especially when your own team don't realise what is going on and try shooting the Shadows of the Dead) Ember is the only one I have built I don't seem to progress very far on my own and teams are few and far between when you get to the later planets. Currently completing Mars because, well, it needed doing. Stuck at Jupiter.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

Anery wrote: Stuck at Jupiter.
It's a Warframe Stalker crossover!

I've watched far too many of Tandino's Stalker diaries.

Like, all of them.
deject
Berk
Berk

Post by deject »

My favorite frame is the Banshee still. Sonar is just super awesome for dealing with bosses and such. Pretty much any enemy you're having trouble killing suddenly has a big glowing spot to hit for massive damage. It makes enemies like Ancient Infested and Grineer Napalms/Bombards really easy to kill. I have one-hit killed many bosses using Sonar and my Dread (special bow dropped by killing the Stalker).
tandino
Ninja Pirate
Ninja Pirate

Post by tandino »

Dog Pants wrote:
Anery wrote: Stuck at Jupiter.
It's a Warframe Stalker crossover!

I've watched far too many of Tandino's Stalker diaries.

Like, all of them.
All of them so far.
Anery
Optimus Prime
Optimus Prime

Post by Anery »

Deject, need some advices. My Burston and Lato Vandal are starting to feel very underpowered, and with my prefferred frame being Trinity I rely on them for pretty much all my damage output. I've even polarised my Burston but even with the mods all but maxxed it doesn't seem to cut it.
deject
Berk
Berk

Post by deject »

Anery wrote:Deject, need some advices. My Burston and Lato Vandal are starting to feel very underpowered, and with my prefferred frame being Trinity I rely on them for pretty much all my damage output. I've even polarised my Burston but even with the mods all but maxxed it doesn't seem to cut it.
Easy answer: Make a Penta. Grenade launching goodness! If you're part of a clan, it's 100% worth making an Ignis and an Acrid, two of the best weapons in the game, by far. If not, definitely need to make some Kunai. The best melee weapons are the Galatine (huge fuckoff claymore sword) and Dual Zoren (for great Zorencopter speediness).
Anery
Optimus Prime
Optimus Prime

Post by Anery »

Kunai, never thought about those because of the throwing arc. Cheap enough, I'll buy some blueprints when I have the credits.
Dual Zoren I have the prints for but Oberon is currently cooking in the foundry - about a day and a half left, takes aaaages - so I shall probably be taking my ember frame for a spin and get the creds needed.
Penta is currenly 2 levels away so I am going to aim for a Latron and Hek once I have the Zoren and Kunai sorted.
Anery
Optimus Prime
Optimus Prime

Post by Anery »

I've gone and built a dojo, there is fuck all in it right now because I am busy buying guns, ninja axes and throwing stars. I created a 5punk clan in order to do so, if anyone wants an invite give me a shout, or PNut he should be able to invite too.
Anery
Optimus Prime
Optimus Prime

Post by Anery »

Dojo now has access to research facilities to build better weapons, currently only have an energy lab but should have bio and chem labs up pretty soon. I'll be sticking down trading facilities too.
To access Dojo you need to craft the key, you will find the blue prints in your foundry, it is pretty cheap. Once you have that you can use the key option on the top menu bar on the main screen to access Dojo, everyone has Warlord so you should be able to place and destroy rooms - feel free to contribute to any builds ongoing.
Anery
Optimus Prime
Optimus Prime

Post by Anery »

Bwahahahahahahahah!

PNut, I think I have found the Warframe and weapon combo for you.

Rhino is a heavily armoured support class. His abilities are a charge, an armour buff, an aoe stun and a damage buff to all the party.
The Galatine is a heavy two handed longsword.

Here endeth the build.

deject
Berk
Berk

Post by deject »

Nah, the Galatine is actually best with either Ash or Loki because they have the ability to get the melee sneak attack damage IMO. With my Ash and a max rank/potato'd Galatine, pre-Damage 2.0, I was doing like 11000 damage per charge attack after using Smoke Screen. Even very high level mini-boss type characters like ancient infested and heavy gunners would be one hit killed. Plus, having the extra speed makes it easier to get to enemies and get hits.
Chickenz
Optimus Prime
Optimus Prime

Post by Chickenz »

I've given this a go but was a touch bamboozled by it all. Managed to compete a few missions with randoms tho.
Anery
Optimus Prime
Optimus Prime

Post by Anery »

deject wrote:Nah, the Galatine is actually best with either Ash or Loki because they have the ability to get the melee sneak attack damage IMO. With my Ash and a max rank/potato'd Galatine, pre-Damage 2.0, I was doing like 11000 damage per charge attack after using Smoke Screen. Even very high level mini-boss type characters like ancient infested and heavy gunners would be one hit killed. Plus, having the extra speed makes it easier to get to enemies and get hits.
I havn't tried either of those frames and I probably won't sneaking about was never my thing, besides, Rhino like this is the perfect stopper for waves of infected - keeps them all in one place so somebody like Ember can come along and set fire to their faces.
Chickenz wrote:I've given this a go but was a touch bamboozled by it all. Managed to compete a few missions with randoms tho.
Yup, sounds about right. Thats no slur on you Chickenz, the game can be very difficult to understand - have they put a tutorial in yet?
deject
Berk
Berk

Post by deject »

Anery wrote:
deject wrote:Nah, the Galatine is actually best with either Ash or Loki because they have the ability to get the melee sneak attack damage IMO. With my Ash and a max rank/potato'd Galatine, pre-Damage 2.0, I was doing like 11000 damage per charge attack after using Smoke Screen. Even very high level mini-boss type characters like ancient infested and heavy gunners would be one hit killed. Plus, having the extra speed makes it easier to get to enemies and get hits.
I havn't tried either of those frames and I probably won't sneaking about was never my thing, besides, Rhino like this is the perfect stopper for waves of infected - keeps them all in one place so somebody like Ember can come along and set fire to their faces.
Don't get me wrong, the Rhino is great. Iron Skin is one of the most useful abilities in the game. The Rhino Stomp is also one of the best AOE damage ults as well. It's just that if you're min/maxing melee damage Ash is really the best, with Loki right behind.
Anery wrote:
Chickenz wrote:I've given this a go but was a touch bamboozled by it all. Managed to compete a few missions with randoms tho.
Yup, sounds about right. Thats no slur on you Chickenz, the game can be very difficult to understand - have they put a tutorial in yet?
They have put in a tutorial, but they haven't really explained all of the level traversal stuff like how to wall run large gaps, run up walls to get to higher platforms, how to do things like slides, somersaults, melee slam attacks, spin attacks, etc. The Warframe Wikia is still pretty much mandatory to figure out wtf is going on.
Anery
Optimus Prime
Optimus Prime

Post by Anery »

Well, the weirdest shit happened to me when playing this last night.
Running a Spy mission on Neptune (Laumedeia) usual kind of run, everyone knows what they are doing by the time they get that far out in the solar system, then I start getting interferance with my HUD. Now I know what you are thinking - "stalker time" right? Not quite, in fact, nowhere fucking near. Suddenly Lotus tells us to drop the mission and head to extraction "you are being hunted" - still sounds like the stalker right? though that would be the first time I have heard Lotus refer to him.
So we move off toward the extraction point, we've seen this before when missions get aborted or changed so it's not unusual.
Then all fucking hell breaks loose.
Five or six...well, not to sound too much like David Icke, LIZARDMEN appeared out of nowhere. They were dressed in Grineer gear, one of them even had a Grineer shield, but they were definately lizardlike.
Now I'm playing Ember, it is my preferred Grineer dispatcher and can melts their faces away real nice. I'm getting my ass handed to me, takes about 30 seconds for all the team to be bleeding out. I used all my revives and still one of them was left alive, my abilities just didn't do enough damage and they have hellish weapons that seem to kill you when they are not even shooting at you. I hid in a duct and all they had to do was shoot at the duct once and even though I wasn't hit I was dead five seconds later.

I've got various mails from Vay Hek threatening all kinds of things but I don't know if it is connected. I've done a few googles but can't find any reference to these things.

Any ideas Deject?
deject
Berk
Berk

Post by deject »