'Ning

Say hello. It's only polite.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Lateralus
Dr Zoidberg
Dr Zoidberg

'Ning

Post by Lateralus »

Hey guys, I'm a bit of a b3ta lurker, and having just completed HL2 I'm beginning to play CS:S a bit now. Seeing as how just about everyone on b3ta is friendly I thought that this would be a nice place to begin my foray into a new game. The only FPS games I've played online before CS are Delta horse 2 and Black Hawk Down. I'd welcome any advice/tactics etc anyone has to offer, including how to find your server and how to install the maps provided on this site!
Hope to be shot by some of you nice people soon.
Dr. kitteny berk
Morbo
Morbo

Post by Dr. kitteny berk »

hello, welcome, all of this stuff.

to find the 5punk servers your best option would be to input the IPs into your steam favourites list (you'll find them on the servers tab on the frontpage)

To install the maps, download the rar files, then put the .bsp and .nav from the rar into

C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\your@email.co.uk\counter-strike source\cstrike\maps

and you should be able to play them (otherwise, it is possible to download them in game, it takes less than 5 mins per custom map (there's only 2 so far))
Stoat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stoat »

Welcome!

Listen to Berk, he knows much - if not all - of.

Don't forget to have a look at the Sticky Posts in the News section- they'll tell you all about Xfire, which we use to keep track of each other and join their games quickly.
cashy
Zombie
Zombie

Post by cashy »

aah i used to play delta horse 2, fucking years ago now. the cheats on that game seriously pissed me off, specialy the flying auto grenaders. best one peice of advice for cs, is use every gun as a pistol. even when you want to go rapid fire on his ass with an ak, click the mouse as fast as you can and your acuracy will love you for it. overwise, anything after about 4 bullets is just feeding the birds. unless its an smg, auto fire is your friend most of the time. just experiment with different methods
welcome
Dr. kitteny berk
Morbo
Morbo

famas - rightclick to burst fire.

welcome to a killing based heaven
deject
Berk
Berk

Post by deject »

Dr. kitteny berk wrote:famas - rightclick to burst fire.

welcome to a killing based heaven

indeed...

'lo new person!
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

'Ning!

I used to play Delta horse too. Fantastic CTF, I say. I've found CS:S to be pretty unfluffy unless you're on Bukkake but apart from this I've overcome my fear of online FPS. Thank you 5punk and welcome Lateralus.

Oh yeah, Xfire is good for finding low ping severs with enough people on. You might find a friendly 5punker to play with too :)

Cheers.
Woo Elephant Yeah
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Woo Elephant Yeah »

lo and welcome to teh sticky stuff

Be sure to read the ABOUT page on the main site, and that explains xfire etc...

You'll never leave....
TezzRexx
Dr Zoidberg
Dr Zoidberg

Post by TezzRexx »

I've got Delta horse (BHD) and I think it has some excellent games modes, and 5punk made CS fun again.

WELCOME ABOARD!
Grimmie
Master of Soviet Propaganda
Master of Soviet Propaganda

Post by Grimmie »

Hallo and welcome!
*Hug*
mrbobbins
Robotic Despot
Robotic Despot

Post by mrbobbins »

Hulloo, yes xfire is the good, if we're playing you can join in without needing the ip, just click and join (but do what berk says to make sure)
Lateralus
Dr Zoidberg
Dr Zoidberg

Post by Lateralus »

Shucks, thanks for the warm welcome guys.

I've downloaded Xfire now, and will start playing around with it tonight (promised myself a full day of revision first. poo.) Since lateralus was taken by some other bugger, I've gone for "mymindisbroken" instead - my B3ta name. I'll have a full look at it later then.

Thanks for the advice guys, much appreciated. I'll try to get into the Bukkake server this evening then.

As far as DF2 goes Dog Pants, I was always a CTF player too. Loved it! The banter was always good fun in the servers I went too, and it was all a bit of a laugh. In BHD however, I've found it to be much less fluffy, with all sorts of idiots in pseudo-military style clans, taking it far too seriously. If you try to mess around too much in the chat then you get shouted at for "not getting on with the game" blah blah blah. Had a vaguely similar experience in the one or two CS:S serveers I've been in, so I'm looking forward to reinstating the fluff to my gaming.

Right. Going to get on the revision now (big exam on thurs. more poo.). If I'm ever playing games before about 9.30pm till thurs then someone tell me off please!

ttfn
mrbobbins
Robotic Despot
Robotic Despot

Post by mrbobbins »

Oh and get Team Speak aswell, even if you don't have a microphone you can listen to us twats babble on.

There's a sticky about it somewhere

*rumages*

Edit:

*finds*

http://www.5punk.co.uk/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=513
Woo Elephant Yeah
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Woo Elephant Yeah »

I've added your xfire name to the 5punk list http://www.5punk.co.uk/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=7 (which is becoming huge btw)

Plus I've also sorted out a sig for you :wink:
Lateralus
Dr Zoidberg
Dr Zoidberg

Post by Lateralus »

Woo Elephant Yeah wrote:I've added your xfire name to the 5punk list http://www.5punk.co.uk/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=7 (which is becoming huge btw)

Plus I've also sorted out a sig for you :wink:

Its this kind of niceness that restores a fella's faith in humanity.

Ta muchly!
killslay
Head Crab
Head Crab

Post by killslay »

Lateralus wrote:Shucks, thanks for the warm welcome guys.

I've downloaded Xfire now, and will start playing around with it tonight (promised myself a full day of revision first. poo.) Since lateralus was taken by some other bugger, I've gone for "mymindisbroken" instead - my B3ta name. I'll have a full look at it later then.

ttfn

likely taken by a fan of tool :P
/music on teh brain
Lateralus
Dr Zoidberg
Dr Zoidberg

Post by Lateralus »

killslay wrote:likely taken by a fan of tool :P
/music on teh brain

Woo - and the prize for first person to get the name goes to.......KILLSLAY!

Hehe, love teh Tool. Prize is in the post.*

*may not be true
killslay
Head Crab
Head Crab

Post by killslay »

Lateralus wrote:
killslay wrote:likely taken by a fan of tool :P
/music on teh brain

Woo - and the prize for first person to get the name goes to.......KILLSLAY!

Hehe, love teh Tool. Prize is in the post.*

*may not be true

lol yay, they've grown on me, still prefer a perfect circle though.
last time i played cs we spent more of teh game talking about what bands we were going to see than actually killing stuff
Lateralus
Dr Zoidberg
Dr Zoidberg

Post by Lateralus »

^^^I'm mildly concerned as to how Hobbes is looking at my mouse.

A perfect circle are good too, but they don't quite do it for me the way Tool do. Oooh Matron!

I do like laying down the banter in the games; to me its part of what makes it recreational. Luckily I'm not too fussed about stats, probably be quite depressed if I was!
Dr. kitteny berk
Morbo
Morbo

the CS games are very much about having a laugh on teamspeak, while having a fun but reasonably sensible game.