Moderator: Forum Moderators

MIkkyo
5pork
5pork

Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 2

Post by MIkkyo »

Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 2 - Wii

Introduction
Dragon Ball Z fan boys rejoice you can now finally carry out all your super saiyan hand movements, that I know you secretly practice in your rooms at night when you think no one is watching, to beat your mates up. Well in the game anyway, you limp wristed girly man.

Gameplay
This game takes some getting used to on the Wii platform, I strongly suggest doing the practice and learning all the basic movements, takes about 10 minutes to get to grips with it so time well spent. The basic hand to hand stuff is started when in range pressing the 'A' button on the wii mote and combinations on 'A' and 'B' will give you different combo's as with most arcade fighters. Alternatively start with the 'B' to launch a basic range attack, these are all different dependant on your character. This sounds really simple and basic for a huge fighting game, I won't lie to you, it really is. Of course theres throws and big super moves that involve you dancing about like a loon whilst holding down loads of buttons. They look pretty and take of loads of health but I've rarely managed to achieve the one I'm aiming for. So the Control system seems a bit clumsy at first, but after about 20 minutes of kicking the crap out of people you get the hang of it and can pull of some cool combo's (mostly just tapping 'A' then pressing 'B' on the odd ocassion).

There are a few game styles to play, like tournement and Story mode, the story mode boasts 60 hours of gameplay and all the story arcs featured in the series. it has three difficulty settings, 1 being easy, 2 medium, and 3 hard. This is where I have found fault with the game, Easy is stupidly easy, i mean my gran could accidently beat the game characters on this setting and she's practically blind. where as medium is like hardest on most games, its more down to luck than skill in winning. Hard, now hard is something else, i think I am yet to land a punch on this bad boy, reserved for the ninja elite Wii players only.

Sights and Sounds
The graphics on this game are ace, they got that proper lovely cartoon vibe that was made famous on the dreamcast by Jet Grind radio. And the levels are nicely done, simple but nice. Not a lot really else to say about it. Looks pleasent to the eye.

Stuff that sucks
As I mentioned before, the difficulty settings need a look at I think, that or I need more practice, probably the latter. That and trying to land the special moves, instead of "up up down right A+B" like on most fighters, its more like "left leg in, scratch your nose, spin on your head and fwap like a mad man"

Conclusion
Pretty game that is definately fun to play, a little simple at times and feels more like button bashing than arcade fighting. But still I can't put it down.
<strike>Giving it an 7.5 out of ten</strike>I'm promoting this to 8 out of 10, as its so much better than a 7.5

Score : :starfull: :starfull: :starfull: :starfull: :starfull: :starfull: :starfull: :starfull: :starempty: :starempty:
Last edited by MIkkyo on May 17th, 2007, 9:42, edited 1 time in total.
Grimmie
Master of Soviet Propaganda

Post by Grimmie »

Verily. I love this game. Does get a bit repetetive.
Haven't mastered all the moves completely, but I'm well on my way.

The 'Super' moves I actually find quite easy, and after a a few hours of practice become second nature. These are the Kamehameha's and the Destructo disks, the Special Beam Cannons and the Spirit Bombs. All require you to push B on the Wiimote and Z on the nunchuck and then perform one of the following combinations.

1) Pull wiimote back back, push wiimote forwards.
2) Waggle nunchuck twice, push wiimote forwards.
3) Lift wiimote cursor off screen (varies in direction), bring wiimote cursor back on screen.

Or, in in doubt, have a big spack while pressing B and Z and hope for the best.
What supermove were you struggling with, Mikkyo?
MIkkyo
5pork
5pork

Post by MIkkyo »

Was the Spirit bomb, but got it now, kept doing the Kamehameha instead, doh.

Edit: oh incase you guys wondered why I've not been on X-fire for ages, blame TGW07 I'm Pro man, Tiger asks me for tips on the green now.
Grimmie

Post by Grimmie »

Spirit bomb's a bit tricky to pull off, but once yu've got the knack it's a wonderful finisher, and instant after you've pulled the 'give me your energy!' move.