Pete's evil DnD adventure #1 Lamb of a Dark God

For games played by men (and women) with beards, such as tabletop RPGs.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Grimmie
Master of Soviet Propaganda

Re: Pete's evil DnD adventure #1 Lamb of a Dark God

Post by Grimmie »

Initiative
14+4 = 18
Joose
Turret
Turret

Post by Joose »

Morley, to Xanuin wrote:Certainly, sir.
Initiative

17 + 4 = 21
HereComesPete
Throbbing Cupcake
Throbbing Cupcake

Post by HereComesPete »

Alrighty, Joose, you can have an extra move action prior to starting the fight proper as you were already intercepting then as follows.

1-Morley, 2-Xanuin, 3-fog wreathed figure.
FatherJack
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by FatherJack »

Initiative:

Roll(1d20)+1:
9,+1
Total:10

oh
Joose
Turret
Turret

Post by Joose »

Right, I will use my free move to get all up in his grill. Or all up behind his grill if thats possible.

I shall then SUPER KNIFE DOUBLE SLASH ATTACK. By which I mean I will make a full attack with both daggers (one of which is my special dagger) and take advantage of whatever it is being flat footed (and therefore not having its Dex bonus to AC) to make them Sudden Strikes, for 2d6 bonus damage each.

Attack 1, main hand, Meteoric Knife:

Roll(1d20)+6: 17+6 = 23
Damage (assuming thats a hit) 1d4+2 + 2d6: 5 + 10 = 15

Attack 2, offhand, Dagger:

Rolls(1d20)+5: 9+5 = 14
Damage (if that is a hit) 1d4+1 + 2d6: 4 + 5 = 9

SLASHSLASH (or possibly just SLASHSWISH)
HereComesPete
Throbbing Cupcake
Throbbing Cupcake

Post by HereComesPete »

The fog wreathed figure that is a recently returned zombie peasant woman staggers and falls as you stab holes in it, the ruin that is her chest still spills small amounts of blood as the animation drains from the corpse.

More shapes loom out of the gloomy fog from the mouth of a nearby alley.

FJ - The man before you is over a foot taller and has clearly been waiting for this moment to attack. He runs forward and swings at you with his scythe and it screeches across your armour as he fails to find a gap.
Joose
Turret
Turret

Post by Joose »

Morley wrote:This woman appears to be quite ill, sir, and is not alone. I suggest we vacate the area with some haste.
Grimmie

Post by Grimmie »

Xanuin sneers when he realises that the figure was undead. To see a group of raised corpses without an accompanying Cleric revolts him. They're as good as wild dogs.

Am I next in initiative? I'll move with Morley and continue towards the pits, away from the shambling corpses.
Xanuin wrote:Quite right. They'll be washed away soon enough.
FatherJack
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by FatherJack »

Noli wrote:Dark Father, hear my prayer.
He brings down his scythe double-handed aiming for the other guy's stupid head.

Attack:
Roll(1d20)+6:
19,+6
Total:25

Damage:
Roll(2d4)+3:
2,2,+3
Total:7
HereComesPete
Throbbing Cupcake
Throbbing Cupcake

Post by HereComesPete »

Grimmie you were indeed next, as you walk away from the weak lumbering undead you hear their mumbling fade in the fog. A reminder Joose, your sudden strike was ineffective against the undead, it just had very few hp.

FJ - your mighty swing cuts through the plate armour, he tries to duck the cut but grunts in pain as you cut in to his shoulder and upper torso.

Cries of alarm are heard from the faithful, but they other priests look on as the high priest smirks and continues to chant. The air is cold and your breath hangs heavy in the air as the mummified remains of the last high priest sit up and watch the spectacle.

The executioner (a martial form of Myrkul's faithful) screams with rage, stamps forward and swings again. And again he gets it wrong, overbalancing and swishing his black bladed scythe past your face.

I'm getting some very poor rolls here...
FatherJack
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by FatherJack »

Noli nods, as if in acknowledgement that he has Myrkul's favour and swings again - an uppercut this time. He really wants to put on a show for both high priests.

Att:
Roll(1d20)+6:
18,+6
Total:24

(looks like he really does)

Dmg:
Roll(2d4)+3:
4,2,+3
Total:9

Why isn't Thor this lucky?
Joose
Turret
Turret

Post by Joose »

HereComesPete wrote:A reminder Joose, your sudden strike was ineffective against the undead, it just had very few hp.
Yep, thats why I listed it separately as well as totalled. I wasn't completely sure it was a zombie, and it costs me nothing to do a sudden strike.
HereComesPete
Throbbing Cupcake
Throbbing Cupcake

Post by HereComesPete »

The other priest leans back, again too slow and this time the uppercut cleaves his armour in the groin and chest, blood pours through the joints and he roars in pain, you've cut something vital. The blood splashes on the floor with a hiss, the slabs are even colder than the air and out the corner of your eye you can almost see a hooded figure watching, but if you look there's nothing there.
HereComesPete
Throbbing Cupcake
Throbbing Cupcake

Post by HereComesPete »

Grimmie, Joose - you're now in the low town, accompanying your steps is the low bass slap of the waves and the gentle creak of boats. The fog has cleared somewhat, knots of people wander the streets, drunks, addicts and dockmen barge past each other, leaving room only for the occasional cloak and blade patrol, anyone foolish enough to get in the way of the mages of the cloak quickly getting beaten out the way by the blades. Where to next?

FJ - your opponent is tiring and having been unable to even wound you is looking distraughtly at the others for help, but they see his faith is wavering and they're shaking their heads and subtly shifting their support to you. He swings again, this time he connects but again your armour turns his blow aside.
Grimmie

Post by Grimmie »

Xanuin will start looking for the pits, and send Morley off on an errand.
Xanuin wrote:Morley, see if you can get any information from the rabble about this Ogre in the pits. There must be a slurry of rumours about the source of his strength. Common folk love to speculate and pry.
Joose
Turret
Turret

Post by Joose »

Morley wrote:Very good sir. Shall I meet you at the pits?
FatherJack
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by FatherJack »

Nolis has another swipe, his confidence growing that he can impress gods and men with his piety.

Att:
Roll(1d20)+6:
3,+6
Total:9

Not so impressive.
Grimmie

Post by Grimmie »

Xanuin wrote:... Yes.
HereComesPete
Throbbing Cupcake
Throbbing Cupcake

Post by HereComesPete »

You swing and miss, his response is swift and he reaches in under your guard, cries out and catches you across your torso causing 11 damage. He also curses, shudders and stumbles as he hits you. He is now looking very weak indeed.

So Grimme - Xanuin is heading straight to the pits? Joose, what destination or actions do you want Morley to travel to/complete before rejoining his master at the pits?
Joose
Turret
Turret

Post by Joose »

Not entirely sure on how to handle this, dice roll wise, but this is my plan: I'm going to visit a handful of places where people might talk about pit fights: this places equivalent of pubs with football fans in. Im going to use stealthy skills to keep discreet, and attempt to drop questions into the conversation to drive conversation around to the subject of the guy we are interested in (I'll try and do a bit better than "Did you see that ludicrous display last night?"). I'll then just sit back and listen to the conversation (or arguments, or bar brawls) and try and pick up on the general consensus as well as any specific information that might leak out.

If there is any hint that there might be someone specific I should talk to, with enough information to find that specific person, then I will cut this line of investigation short and seek them out instead.