Pete's evil DnD adventure #1 Lamb of a Dark God

For games played by men (and women) with beards, such as tabletop RPGs.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

FatherJack
Site Owner
Site Owner

Re: Pete's evil DnD adventure #1 Lamb of a Dark God

Post by FatherJack »

HereComesPete wrote:So FJ - is Noli going to take part in the ritual or watch from within the crowd?
Kind of up to the high priest on that one - Noli's all unctuous obeisance now that the boss has arrived. If the priest is okay with it, Noli's more than keen to help out. He returns any angry/envious looks from his peers with compound interest.
Joose
Turret
Turret

Post by Joose »

I think we are both heading to the pits . Safety in numbers. Even if the number is two.
Grimmie
Master of Soviet Propaganda

Post by Grimmie »

I'll grab that Entice Gift scroll before we toddle off, too.
HereComesPete
Throbbing Cupcake
Throbbing Cupcake

Post by HereComesPete »

Skuli sells you the scroll with a wink.

The fog is thick and cloying outside, snatches of strange language and weird echoes float through the thick soupy air. Occasional parties of 1 or 2 people swim past through the thick green stinking fog, heavily cloaked and heads bent. Groups of blades and cloaks emerge from the mist like phantoms, their light spells do little to pierce the fog, they steam slightly as the fog's acidic bite is repelled from their armour and cloaks. Few others are out on a night like this.

Grimmie and Joose - you're out in the fog, so you're taking damage unless you've got a protection spell like that of the cloaks, or in fact a very heavy cloak. This will turn from RP damage to real damage of 1d6 per round and will do so after midnight tonight unless you do something about it.

FJ - intimidate roll please, the high priest has made sure there's space in the middle order for you.
Grimmie

Post by Grimmie »

Um. I don't have anything that can stop 1d6 damage per round.
Traveler’s Outfit
This set of clothes consists of boots, a wool skirt or breeches, a sturdy belt, a shirt (perhaps with a vest or jacket), and an ample cloak with a hood.
Does an ample cloak suffice? If not I guess I'll just go back indoors and wait for less inclement weather. :?
FatherJack
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by FatherJack »

HereComesPete wrote:FJ - intimidate roll please, the high priest has made sure there's space in the middle order for you.
Noli draws himself up to his full height...

Roll(1d20)+2:
9,+2
Total:11

...which isn't very high.

(not sure if I add level, or if it's just opposed by character level)
Joose
Turret
Turret

Post by Joose »

Grimmie wrote:Um. I don't have anything that can stop 1d6 damage per round.
Traveler’s Outfit
This set of clothes consists of boots, a wool skirt or breeches, a sturdy belt, a shirt (perhaps with a vest or jacket), and an ample cloak with a hood.
Does an ample cloak suffice? If not I guess I'll just go back indoors and wait for less inclement weather. :?
:above:
This will turn from RP damage to real damage of 1d6 per round and will do so after midnight tonight unless you do something about it.
Might need a leeeeetle more than 3 hours notice of things like this.
shot2bits
Zombie
Zombie

Post by shot2bits »

hooray for monies!

how long will it take me to recover?
HereComesPete
Throbbing Cupcake
Throbbing Cupcake

Post by HereComesPete »

Your ample cloak is fine Grimmie. Joose, you don't have a travellers outfit, you have an artisans outfit so stepping inside is an option. However, your amulet gives you enough thick skin to withstand the affects of the fog.

I wasn't actually going to kill you super fast on the first trip outside, that would be a bit shit. I want you guys to use what you have available, to think creatively and to generally take an active role. Sometimes I'll tell you to fuck off, but I'll always encourage cheeky uses of stuff you've got, or even a request for retcon if it's not going to mess up timelines too much. Or in this instance you could well have ambushed 2 people in cloaks and killed them to make sure you had cloaks, as their bodies would have melted away in the fog and with the magic stones beneath your feet, all info I've given you.

As you're heading down from the high city to the low town, the streets rear up around you as people have made the most out of the slope to build many tiered houses, all crammed in. The fog is thick, cold and carries strange noises, a feeling of dread pervades the air, occasional shapes hurry past in the dark, the cloaks and blades don't really bother with coming down here.

FJ - it's enough for some of them to look at their feet and shuffle aside, others just sneer. You do manage to assert dominance enough to fit in mid-way down the pecking order. The feeling of dread and the scent of freshly turned earth reach out as Ealhfring starts chanting his devotion to your god, the other join in. As he intones in a croaking grasp like that of a long dead tongue gasping for air, the temperature in the room drops further, your god is watching, the young girl has swooned away as the touch of death that has saturated the altar reaches her. The watching faithful are swaying at the strength of the aura emanating from the altar, some of them are collapsing.

Ealhfring turns to you and nods.
Ealhfring, in a croaking voice wrote:Brother, your judgement, your tribute to our inevitable and timeless father
A few heads turn as he proclaims it, one priest in particular stops his intonations and stares directly at you, fierce hatred flashing through his eyes.

Bits - you're slowly dying right now as your rage (and the temp hp that comes with) has worn off. Recovery will only happen when the priests arrive.
Grimmie

Post by Grimmie »

HereComesPete wrote:Joose, you don't have a travellers outfit, you have an artisans outfit so stepping inside is an option.
Possibly just Herolab's default choice there.

Xanuin lets Morley lead the way and clear the path of fallen corpses, not often coming this far down in to low town.
Joose
Turret
Turret

Post by Joose »

Morley will glide through the fog like a ghost, eyes darting to the shadows, nooks and crannies for threats (moving silently, using spot and listen to the max).
HereComesPete
Throbbing Cupcake
Throbbing Cupcake

Post by HereComesPete »

can I get rolls for those please joose.
Joose
Turret
Turret

Post by Joose »

move silently: 11 + 11 = 22
Spot: 8 + 8 = 16
Listen: 5 + 7 = 12

It would appear that the fog is dampening sound somewhat.
HereComesPete
Throbbing Cupcake
Throbbing Cupcake

Post by HereComesPete »

Bloody work!

FJ - what next for you? Make the sacrifice? Angrypriest fancies it for himself, the high priest is watching with faint amusement.

Bits, you're currently being healed.

Joose, Morley is like a ninja with mediocre hearing. You see a shape looming out the fog at your master...
FatherJack
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by FatherJack »

Noli's ready to make the sacrifice. Wasn't sure if the high priest was waiting for a proclamation, action or just to watch the minions slap each other's legs.

Noli will step forward and affirm what he said before and make ready to make the sacrifice. If the guy giving him the googly eyes doesn't like it, he can join the girl on the altar and Noli lets him know as much. Much like the high priest, he carries a large scythe and appears to have no qualms about using it.
Joose
Turret
Turret

Post by Joose »

I'll sneakily palm a couple of daggers and address the looming shape.
Morley wrote:May I be of assistance?
Sleight of hand (for the daggers): 9 + 13 = 22

Edit: Grimmie has pointed out that daggers get a +2 bonus for hiding via sleight of hand.
HereComesPete
Throbbing Cupcake
Throbbing Cupcake

Post by HereComesPete »

FJ -

The other guy also carries a large scythe, as you step past him he reaches for his...

Joose/Grimmie -

The shape makes no response except for a low moaning sound and continues to stagger toward Xanuin, one hand outstretched....
FatherJack
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by FatherJack »

Noli wrote:As you wish, then. It will be a bounteous day for our Lord.
Initiative?

Haven't sorted out my starting magic bits yet, but I don't think there's anything that would alter me in combat. Will try and sort this weekend.
Grimmie

Post by Grimmie »

Xanuin sneers, he hates when peasants come begging.
Xanuin wrote:Morley, deal with this man. I cannot stand contact with commonfolk.
He lifts his gloved hand with his thumb across the palm, and flicks it out as though striking a match, illuminating the silk like a lantern with light.
Xanuin's vocal component wrote:Ix!
HereComesPete
Throbbing Cupcake
Throbbing Cupcake

Post by HereComesPete »

FJ - initiative! I'll look at some stuff around what you were looking for and let you know.

Grimmie, Joose - The shape continues to ignore your requests and growls as the light pops, the fog reflects it back as do the walls of the buildings around you. Initiative also!