Sub Commander

Talk on any game/console that doesn't have its own forum, including browser-based games

Moderator: Forum Moderators

buzzmong
Weighted Storage Cube
Weighted Storage Cube

Sub Commander

Post by buzzmong »

So, RPS a while back pointed me towards this thread on the subsim forums for a game called Submarine Commander.

It's a mix of FTL and Dwarf Fortress and very much a roguelike. It's appears a bit basic at the moment, but don't let that fool you, there's quite a few systems underpinning it all and it's fairly detailed. As it's a project a chap is doing in his spare time for fun. I'd recommend having a play with it as it certainly has a lot of potential.

Version 0.24 is now out, and it's a sizeable improvement on the 0.23 version I first tried, mostly due to massively improved mouse control and the fact the developer has tweaked the reliabilty of the sub systems so that it no longer has slapstick levels of failure (my first go on 0.23 saw my nuclear reactor exploding 5 minutes after I left port :) ).

Warning: Don't press left-ctrl or tab accidently.

FAQ: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=213948

PS, Those red dots are dead crew men from when my number 2 steam turbine exploded, killing one person outright, and the resulting flooding from the holes in the hull killed the rest. Still completed my mission before returning to port to rearm and recrew :D

Edit: Bonus tip = When dealing with a radiation leak: Self contained breathing aparatus AND a gasmask must be equipped, as the former isn't a substitute for the latter, mearly an accessory. Learning that cost me a crew member.
Last edited by buzzmong on July 23rd, 2014, 19:19, edited 3 times in total.
shot2bits
Zombie
Zombie

Re: Sub Commander

Post by shot2bits »

Oooh cheers buzz! remember seeing this on rps at some point too and thinking i need to give it a go and swiftly forgot about it.
buzzmong
Weighted Storage Cube
Weighted Storage Cube

Post by buzzmong »

Oh yea, 0.25 is out.

It's introduced global thermonuclear war :D
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »