Aliens: Colon Marines

Where we come together to shoot 5punk.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

buzzmong
Weighted Storage Cube
Weighted Storage Cube

Aliens: Colon Marines

Post by buzzmong »

There's a few things on that list I'm interested in, namely Metro:Last Light, Arma III, Watch Dogs and Tomb Raider.

Bioshock I'm not excited about. I'm not excited because I've been avoiding everything about it. I will have a quick look at previews when it comes out, maybe wait for reviews to get an idea of if it's good, but I intend to buy and go in with a completely open mind.

GTA:V gets a resounding meh. It could be very good, but thus far none have topped Vice City.

Interestingly enough, the game I was most exited about over the last year was Aliens:Colon Marines, however after seeing a number of quite frankly fucking terrible trailers with lots of the bullshit tropes that I dislike, it's gone completly flat for me and I'm definitely waiting for reviews and an RPS Wot-I-Think on it.
Last edited by HereComesPete on February 13th, 2013, 18:37, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Split from the Games 2013 thread
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: New Games 2013

Post by Dog Pants »

buzzmong wrote:Interestingly enough, the game I was most exited about over the last year was Aliens:Colon Marines, however after seeing a number of quite frankly fucking terrible trailors with lots of the bullshit tropes that I dislike, it's gone completly flat for me and I'm definitely waiting for reviews and an RPS Wot-I-Think on it.
Well we're still missing a WiT, but the reviews are coming in thick and fast with a resoundingly negative theme. PC Gamer gave it 48%.
Pnut
Ninja
Ninja

Post by Pnut »

Yep, its not great so far :(
Thompy
Shambler In Drag
Shambler In Drag

Post by Thompy »

RPS WIT A:CM

Yeah, no.
Roman Totale
Robotic Bumlord
Robotic Bumlord

Post by Roman Totale »

buzzmong
Weighted Storage Cube
Weighted Storage Cube

Post by buzzmong »

Phew, dodged a bullet there then as I did wonder yesterday if I should nip on Play or Amazon and get one of the special editions. Very happy I didn't.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

This is interesting. A pretty convincing anonymous Reddit post about what went wrong with ACM. The short version is that it was the ginger stepchild project to Borderlands 2 and if they delayed release again to make it any better Sega would sue the shit out of them, so they fixed any game breaking bugs and shipped it as you see it. A shame, although that doesn't excuse the appalling PR.
spoodie
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by spoodie »

I find it safe to assume anything published by Sega will be shit or at least not good. There are some exceptions of cause, but none that are of any interest to me.

On the plus side there's a Giantbomb quicklook up, which is bound to be entertaining. The ones about bad games usually are.
HereComesPete
Throbbing Cupcake
Throbbing Cupcake

Re: Aliens: Colon Marines

Post by HereComesPete »

The teaser demo and actual game are compared in the linky below, seems someone managed to downgrade the textures and lighting quite a lot. Gearbox and Pitchford have either been handed a steaming turd courtesy of the people they outsourced too, or they're already deciding to point fingers.

Either way all the geek glee from Pitchford seems fake, if he truly cared he would have made the game properly or ensured others weren't fucking up and not lied about it being awesome whilst farming it off to some shitty reject coder outfit to concentrate solely on making BL2.

http://www.videogamer.com/videos/aliens ... nes_2.html
Chickenz
Optimus Prime
Optimus Prime

Post by Chickenz »

Found this and lolled:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8J8SzBhjqaQ[/media]
spoodie
Site Moderator
Site Moderator