Flog me your computer parts!

If you touch your software enough does it become hardware?

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Dr. kitteny berk
Morbo
Morbo

Flog me your computer parts!

Post by Dr. kitteny berk »

Right, mobslug has decided he wants a real pc for his birthday, but I'm broke as fuck, so don't wanna spend new computer money on stuff.

What I has:
Case
GPU
Loads of DDR2
HDs
Optical drives

What I need:
PSU (500w+ decent)
CPU
Mobo
Rams to suit (if not DDR2)

Anyone got owt about?
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Flog me your computer parts!

Post by Dog Pants »

I have a mobo box under the bed. I'll have a look to see if there's a board in it.
mrbobbins
Robotic Despot
Robotic Despot

Post by mrbobbins »

I still has this in a cupboard:

Pentium 4 2.8Ghz 800Mhz FSB HT
ASUS P4P800 Deluxe MB
4 x 512mb PC3200 RAM

Can has for postage costs only if you like
Dr. kitteny berk
Morbo
Morbo

that's pretty much the same as I have lying around, tried to get it to work with modern games to no avail. :(
ProfHawking
Zombie
Zombie

Post by ProfHawking »

I have an Asus AM2 based mobo and Athlon 64 FX cpu to go with it
Not 100% if its working but you are welcome to it. Will check details tonight if interested?
mrbobbins
Robotic Despot
Robotic Despot

Post by mrbobbins »

Dr. kitteny berk wrote:that's pretty much the same as I have lying around, tried to get it to work with modern games to no avail. :(
Get him learnt on proper games like when we were lads.
A bit of CS 1.6 and COD:UO, what?, Call of Duty set in the 2nd World War?!!, uggggh weird!!
Dr. kitteny berk
Morbo
Morbo

ProfHawking wrote:I have an Asus AM2 based mobo and Athlon 64 FX cpu to go with it
Not 100% if its working but you are welcome to it. Will check details tonight if interested?
Ooh, please.
ProfHawking
Zombie
Zombie

Post by ProfHawking »

OK its one of these, 939 not AM2: http://uk.asus.com/Motherboards/AMD_Soc ... LI_Deluxe/
and I think the cpu is Athlon 64 FX-60
I have a cooler to go with it, bit dusty tho. You want the trio? Not sure how much it will be to post, guess about 0.5kg or so.
Dr. kitteny berk
Morbo
Morbo

Bums, pass then. got no DDR1 about, and it's about the same age as the stuff I have about. :(
Thompy
Shambler In Drag
Shambler In Drag

Post by Thompy »

Would you be interested in spending about £100? I have a i7 920 and a P6T Deluxe V2 which I've been planning on eBaying for quite a while. Stupid of me as prices are decreasing all the time.

I really can't give it away as they're still worth a bit and I am myself quite skint. Thoughts?
buzzmong
Weighted Storage Cube
Weighted Storage Cube

Post by buzzmong »

What speed was DDR1? PC-4000?

I've got 2x 1gb sticks of OCZ PC-4000 (OCZ5002048EBPE-K)
FatherJack
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by FatherJack »

I might have a bunch of 775 mobos and DDR2 RAM ranging in speed from 400 to 800MT/s from the dozen or so machines I upgraded at work to 775/DDR3/7200rpm boxes. I kept them as spares, but now I'm leaving they will just repurpose unused machines or buy new ones. They'll want to hang on to the HDDs as they contain archived data but unless they were planning to get the boards melted down for a few pence of precious metals I can't see them wanting them. All the CPUs were transferred to the new machines, though.

Not exactly great, but the same generation as what I still get away with using, albeit with overspecced components.
Dr. kitteny berk
Morbo
Morbo

FatherJack wrote:I might have a bunch of 775 mobos and DDR2 RAM ranging in speed from 400 to 800MT/s from the dozen or so machines I upgraded at work to 775/DDR3/7200rpm boxes. I kept them as spares, but now I'm leaving they will just repurpose unused machines or buy new ones. They'll want to hang on to the HDDs as they contain archived data but unless they were planning to get the boards melted down for a few pence of precious metals I can't see them wanting them. All the CPUs were transferred to the new machines, though.

Not exactly great, but the same generation as what I still get away with using, albeit with overspecced components.
Now that's graping my squildo, mind having a nose about for me?
FatherJack
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by FatherJack »

Dr. kitteny berk wrote:
FatherJack wrote:I might have a bunch of 775 mobos and DDR2 RAM ranging in speed from 400 to 800MT/s from the dozen or so machines I upgraded at work to 775/DDR3/7200rpm boxes. I kept them as spares, but now I'm leaving they will just repurpose unused machines or buy new ones. They'll want to hang on to the HDDs as they contain archived data but unless they were planning to get the boards melted down for a few pence of precious metals I can't see them wanting them. All the CPUs were transferred to the new machines, though.

Now that's graping my squildo, mind having a nose about for me?
Sure, I'm in on contract tomorrow and can see what they'll let me nab. Might be a few other bits like fans and cables, but if there's a PSU going I'll be having at least one. Mobos are mostly Gigabyte and Asus from memory, largely 2-slot RAM with a couple of 4's.
Dr. kitteny berk
Morbo
Morbo

That sort of thing sounds perfect, will apply beer tokens if you get stuff :)
FatherJack
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by FatherJack »

I have plenty of mobos, Gigabyte, Asus and Foxconn, some various DDR2 RAMS and a few aging GPUs which are 7600GT/8500GS era - I'll do a proper inventory at the weekend probably. I expect most of the GPUs have had noisy/stopped fans in the past, but I've taken most of the heatsink arrays completely apart and cleaned them after they were taken out and replaced with new cards.
Dr. kitteny berk
Morbo
Morbo

ooh, handy :)