SLA Industries: The Movie

For games played by men (and women) with beards, such as tabletop RPGs.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

SLA Industries: The Movie

Post by Dog Pants »

Well, I didn't expect this. Nightfall sign up with a production company for the movie and videogame rights. This could mean something amazing, although going off past history of false hopes and flakey development I'm not holding my breath. Even so, I really hope they make this a success.
Roman Totale
Robotic Bumlord
Robotic Bumlord

Re: SLA Industries: The Movie

Post by Roman Totale »

I think a TV series would be better than a film. Hot damn that would be amazing!
deject
Berk
Berk

Post by deject »

Hmmmm, interesting. I wonder how deep into the lore they're going to go.
Roman Totale
Robotic Bumlord
Robotic Bumlord

Post by Roman Totale »

Yeah, they'd probably have to explain about Mr. Slayer and his close circle, but I think it would ruin it to actually include them.
deject
Berk
Berk

Post by deject »

Roman Totale wrote:Yeah, they'd probably have to explain about Mr. Slayer and his close circle, but I think it would ruin it to actually include them.
Or going even deeper with the book that shall not be named.
Spoiler:
Yes I do know the megaspoiler secret of SLA but honestly it hasn't ruined my enjoyment of the game at all.
buzzmong
Weighted Storage Cube
Weighted Storage Cube

Post by buzzmong »

I'm not so sure on the movie aspect, but as a game setting it is near perfect.

Sandbox video game where a large number of BPN's are dynamically generated alongside a number of hand made (kinda plot, or working towards a plot) ones anyone?
Grimmie
Master of Soviet Propaganda
Master of Soviet Propaganda

Post by Grimmie »

Roman Totale wrote:Yeah, they'd probably have to explain about Mr. Slayer and his close circle, but I think it would ruin it to actually include them.
I guess it'd have to be a fellowship of the ring style "Here are the other wizards, AND THAT'S ALL YOU'RE GETTING" intro.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

I think you could get away with not explaining by just not showing them. It would be too immersion breaking to go over why Michael Jackson is running this galaxy-encompassing corporation with his board of monsters and witches.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

Just spotted that they now have www.sla-industries.com. Nice to see artwork on there, but it looks like changes to the setting; there are a lot of big monsters and techno-soldiers. I also checked out the other companies involved. The publishers, Romark, appear to have made one obscure indie film. No pedigree, but that doesn't necessarily mean it won't be any good. The game developers are calle BitFu Studios, and I can't find anything at all for them. For a gaming company to have no Internet footprint is somewhat concerning, as is the little spiel about releasing on everything from PC to console to phones. Still, we'll have to wait and see.