Beardy Preferences

For games played by men (and women) with beards, such as tabletop RPGs.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Joose
Turret
Turret

Beardy Preferences

Post by Joose »

I was reading through Dumpshock (the semi-official SR forum) and a debate on there caught my eye. Not because of what they were actually debating, which was a deeply involved, rules laywer love in mostly consisting of people sitting about beard-wanking at each other (much like a lot of Dumpshock). I wont bore you with the details, because even those of you that would understand the debate are unlikely to give even the smallest shit.

No, what caught my attention is that one of the dumpshock regulars' opinion. I've read a lot of his posts over the years, so I have built up a fair idea of his style of play, and would have put money on him going in one direction on this argument, but he didnt. He took the *exact opposite* opinion to what I thought he would take.

This got me thinking about our various RP games: we have very much been making up things as we go along here, and for the most part it seems to be going pretty well, with the only consistent complaint being how fucking long everything takes :lol: But the dumpshock thread made me wonder: is it that we (the GM's) are basically getting it right already, or are there things that you lot would like to change, even slightly, if the opportunity arose. I cant speak for the other GM's, but personally I would happily change any aspect of my games if it was something that the majority of you lot would like. After all, its the GM's job to make sure everyone is having fun.

So I got to thinking about the best way to do this. Just opening it up for debate and saying "hey, what ya want changing?" I dont think is likely to get us anywhere. We need something a little more focussed. What im thinking is that I will put up threads focussing on one specific area of the games, and we can have a bit of a discussion about it. Once we have had some sort of a conclusion (or if it just dies out, or the arguments start going in circles or whatever) we can move on to the next subject. Of course, the other GM's should feel free to post their own up too, if there is something that they want to gauge opinion on, but I dont think we should have more than 2-3 threads going at once. It would be easy to flood ourselves with questions and end up not answering any of them.

I'm going to post the first one up in a sec, so the question doesnt get lost in here.