Planetside 2

Where we come together to shoot 5punk.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

friznit
Heavy
Heavy

Re: Planetside 2

Post by friznit »

I'll be getting invitational abilities in the Failheap Challenge squad in a bit - it's fairly well populated with people who actually know what they're doing so if you want to join just give me a poke.
Dr. kitteny berk
Morbo
Morbo

Post by Dr. kitteny berk »

Bugger me, this is quite pleasing.
friznit
Heavy
Heavy

Post by friznit »

It's fun in a wildly confusing sort of way. I reckon between my 3 little internet communities we can get a group of 20 to 30 going, including a leader who actually knows what he's doing (that's not me btw). The Failheap Challenge TS server is ts.failheap-challenge.com, and they're all very 5punky people so don't be shy. The Squad Leaders swears a lot though, so don't put him on loudspeaker if you have sensitive others in the house.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

For whatever reason I couldn't use the name DogPants. So in a move more l33t than I'd care to have made I used D0gpants instead. However, you can't tell because I wrote it in capitals, and I kind of like the fact that I'm shouting my name.

DOOOOOOOGPANTS! I'M HELPING!
Dr. kitteny berk
Morbo
Morbo

I got drberk, because someone stole my name.
friznit
Heavy
Heavy

Post by friznit »

OK. So the TS server is a fallback. This outfit has ...wait for it...a ventrillo server. I've not used Vent forever. Details are:

vent16.gamespeak.com
pwd: fag

They are quite 5punky in that they admit to being terrible, which is good so I'll fit right in.
Mr. Johnson
Mr Flibbles
Mr Flibbles

Post by Mr. Johnson »

Okay, I installed this and dota 2. I now have all the games!

also, my planetside2 name is HerrJohnson as all the English varieties of Mr were taken, it's like there's more than one Mr. Johnson out there. Ridiculous!
friznit
Heavy
Heavy

Post by friznit »

Just played 4 hours with FHC/RPSH. Is good, for a deathmatch run and gun game (that might change when I get a bit better/better kit). Playing in a med size group with someone whose giving orders makes it a lot more fun.

Berk joined, but refused to talk to me, so I don't know how he got on :P
Dr. kitteny berk
Morbo
Morbo

Chat lag, I tried.
Anery
Optimus Prime
Optimus Prime

Post by Anery »

PS2 name is Anereh.
Can't believe I'm one of these purple lycra clad types, it's like being in an army of Mr Motivators. However, the accuracy of the rifles is very nice.
I wish they would sort the friendly fire thing out though, guaranteed to run some dick over who can't use the green cross code - or get run over by some dick in a lightning who thinks its funny to ram flashes off the road.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

Added known 5punkynames to the FP.

Are we going to chip in with Friz's chaps, or do people prefer a 5punky outfit? I'm happy either way personally - it's nice to be a 5punky group, but as with almost everything it would end up being just one or two people playing it. I would expect we could still chatter away on our own TS server and get objectives dropped on us from above whenever the platoon leader needed a herd of cats somewhere causing havoc. In fact that actually sounds quite fun.
friznit
Heavy
Heavy

Post by friznit »

That'd work. You can have a 5punky squad in the platoon, and just follow the Pl comd's waypoints. It works quite well, and having small groups actually talking to each other is in many ways better than 30 guys not saying much at all.
Joose
Turret
Turret

Post by Joose »

friznit wrote:Ta 5punky squad in the platoon.
Sounds like the best way to go.

I am Joosington. Im putting off playing again till my fancy new computer parts arrive, as I get lag up the wazoo any time theres more than a dozen people around me. ie: whenever it gets to the good bits.
friznit
Heavy
Heavy

Post by friznit »

Open the useroptions.ini in the install folder, change max draw distance to 1800 and max FPS to 60. That helps framerates a lot.
Anery
Optimus Prime
Optimus Prime

Post by Anery »

Dog Pants wrote: Are we going to chip in with Friz's chaps, or do people prefer a 5punky outfit? I'm happy either way personally - it's nice to be a 5punky group, but as with almost everything it would end up being just one or two people playing it. I would expect we could still chatter away on our own TS server and get objectives dropped on us from above whenever the platoon leader needed a herd of cats somewhere causing havoc. In fact that actually sounds quite fun.

A herd of cats on bikes, naturally.
Apparently you can fit machine guns to those bikes, can you imagine the carnage if 5 or 6 of us went tear-arsing through enemy points doing donuts of death?

I don't know if anyone else has mentioned this but if you go to the in-game store you can compare all the different weapons and their stats (and laugh at the neons available for pimpin tanks) which is quite useful - just make sure to set the relevant filters and make sure both the locked and unlocked filters are cleared and you can plan your next certificate purchase - you'd be suprised which teir weapons are the better ones.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

At the moment I see too many shiny things to get past 30 certs, let alone the 250 needed for the lowest tier weapon upgrades. However, the shinies I have bought I like - the IR scope for my LMG is pretty (if limited in usefulness), and health regen for the maglev tanks is handy since I can never find an engi when I need one. Incidentally, I love the maglevs - remind me of the hovertanks from futurebeef. I was pretty handy in those, and after taking out two enemy tanks and badly damaging a third in a series of duels behind enemy lines I reckon I'll be sticking with them as my vehicle of choice.
HereComesPete
Throbbing Cupcake
Throbbing Cupcake

Post by HereComesPete »

aah, future beef hover tanks. Power-sliding one of those beauties whilst rail gunning someone did not get old.
deject
Berk
Berk

Post by deject »

HereComesPete wrote:aah, future beef hover tanks. Power-sliding one of those beauties whilst rail gunning someone did not get old.
I have fond memories of circle-strafing in tank vs. tank and tank vs. mech combat to great success in 2142. Oh so powerful if you could get the controls figured out.
friznit
Heavy
Heavy

Post by friznit »

I've been pimping light scout. Noone plays Light Scout dudes and I suspect it's one of those classes that will be rather useful if you get good at it - jetpacking over gates and det packing the enemy. Also, leaping off 500ft cliffs, lobbing grenades and landing in the middle of the enemy is funny as hell.
Sheriff Fatman
Optimus Prime
Optimus Prime

Post by Sheriff Fatman »

I has this now also. I'm a Barney on Miller called Liveware (it didn't let me have Sherf).

Initial impressions are the same as initial impressions of the first one: "What the fuck is going on?" I've also seen some of my old PS1 buddies knocking about, so I'm happy we landed on the same server.