Beef 3 Beta

Where we come together to shoot 5punk.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Joose
Turret
Turret

Beef 3 Beta

Post by Joose »

Its the 29th, and the open beta is still not available. UNACCEPTABLE!
Mr. Johnson
Mr Flibbles
Mr Flibbles

Re: Beef 3 Beta

Post by Mr. Johnson »

What's that you say? I can't hear you over the Battlefield 3 beta I'm playing.
buzzmong
Weighted Storage Cube
Weighted Storage Cube

Post by buzzmong »

Am I the only one who doesn't care about being in the beta?

I'd rather play a finalised product with all the maps and modes then burning myself out on Metro Rush.
mrbobbins
Robotic Despot
Robotic Despot

Post by mrbobbins »

I want to play beta just to see if it'll run on low settings, then cry and go load up the beta on my ps3.
Joose
Turret
Turret

Post by Joose »

mrbobbins wrote:I want to play beta just to see if it'll run on low settings, then cry and go load up the beta on my ps3.
Pretty much this. Also, I tend to get Beef, play lots for a couple of weeks, get pissed off with it and never play again. Im hoping I can get this over with in the Beta and avoid ever paying for the game :lol:
spoodie
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by spoodie »

Having only one map the beta has limited appeal for me. It's a very nice map though, but I'll stop myself from playing it to death. Which probably won't be that hard as I'm not blown away by the game so far. I don't particularly enjoy being destroyed by people I can't see or are composed of a handful of pixels. And I'm not a BF n00b. Also prone is a pain in the arse. These are my problems though, not the games. Perhaps I'm done with serious, unforgiving shooty games. I'll see ...
buzzmong
Weighted Storage Cube
Weighted Storage Cube

Post by buzzmong »

From what I've gleaned in comments on other places, Metro is very BC2/Cod like, whereas Caspian if you can get on it, is much closer to BEEF.

Still, 2 maps in a beta? Nah. I'll wait.
deject
Berk
Berk

Post by deject »

Joose wrote:
mrbobbins wrote:I want to play beta just to see if it'll run on low settings, then cry and go load up the beta on my ps3.
Pretty much this. Also, I tend to get Beef, play lots for a couple of weeks, get pissed off with it and never play again. Im hoping I can get this over with in the Beta and avoid ever paying for the game :lol:
I can run the beta at 45-70 FPS with high settings and 4xAA, 1600x900 on my GTX 460 1GB. I thought most of you guys had better videocards than I...
deject
Berk
Berk

Post by deject »

Also, there are videos of the Caspian Border map (as somehow the password for the locked servers that are for "internal testing" got leaked) and it is much, much more like ye aulde BEEF type maps than Operation Metro.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwJK1KedEPs[/media]
buzzmong
Weighted Storage Cube
Weighted Storage Cube

Post by buzzmong »

deject wrote:I can run the beta at 45-70 FPS with high settings and 4xAA, 1600x900 on my GTX 460 1GB. I thought most of you guys had better videocards than I...
Deej, is there much point running 4x AA with such a high res? Would you not be better served with 2x AA but upping anisotropic filtering for sharper overall textures?
Mr. Johnson
Mr Flibbles
Mr Flibbles

Post by Mr. Johnson »

Also, How the fuck do I change my settings? I can't find an option for it in either origin or the browser.
HereComesPete
Throbbing Cupcake
Throbbing Cupcake

Post by HereComesPete »

deject wrote:Also, there are videos of the Caspian Border map (as somehow the password for the locked servers that are for "internal testing" got leaked) and it is much, much more like ye aulde BEEF type maps than Operation Metro.
EA/Dice are apparently sending the password to certain groups for 24 hours of testing the big map then resetting the server and passwords. So now more people have played it everyone is whining the helicopters aren't a fucking nightmare to fly like bf2 and fly easy like the bc2 choppers. I figure as long as my stinger can shoot the fuckers down I'm fine with that.
HereComesPete
Throbbing Cupcake
Throbbing Cupcake

Post by HereComesPete »

Mr. Johnson wrote:Also, How the fuck do I change my settings? I can't find an option for it in either origin or the browser.
When you're in the game and spawned press escape, options are there. It's backward to get all the way in to standing around before you can change stuff, but that's how it is.
deject
Berk
Berk

Post by deject »

HereComesPete wrote:
Mr. Johnson wrote:Also, How the fuck do I change my settings? I can't find an option for it in either origin or the browser.
When you're in the game and spawned press escape, options are there. It's backward to get all the way in to standing around before you can change stuff, but that's how it is.
:above: I really, really hope they put in some kind of out of game options dialog thing. It's my biggest problem with this whole Battlelog setup.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

buzzmong wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't care about being in the beta?

I'd rather play a finalised product with all the maps and modes then burning myself out on Metro Rush.
I'm not bothered about the beta. I've plenty to be getting on with, and I don't want to potentially mar my opinion of the game because it has bugs of a bad map. It's out in less than a month, I can wait.
Thompy
Shambler In Drag
Shambler In Drag

Post by Thompy »

deject wrote:there are videos of the Caspian Border map
Jet speed seems to be hot topic at the moment. They do look silly flying so slowly, but I'd rather have a jet I can control rather than one going mach 2 and not being able to hit shit with. And of course the fact they'd go out of bounds far too quickly. They could increase the playing area for them I suppose but you'd just spend half your time turning around waiting to make another pass.
Roman Totale
Robotic Bumlord
Robotic Bumlord

Post by Roman Totale »

I'm getting horrific textures in the outdoor areas of the map - assailed by random trees and bits of scenery. Seriously, it's all over the place.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

WereRabbit wrote:
deject wrote:there are videos of the Caspian Border map
Jet speed seems to be hot topic at the moment. They do look silly flying so slowly, but I'd rather have a jet I can control rather than one going mach 2 and not being able to hit shit with. And of course the fact they'd go out of bounds far too quickly. They could increase the playing area for them I suppose but you'd just spend half your time turning around waiting to make another pass.
I don't think player controlled jet aircraft belong in a game this scale anyway, personally. So realism's out of the window from the start.
Thompy
Shambler In Drag
Shambler In Drag

Post by Thompy »

Impressions thusly.

Metro sucks to show off this game. It's one big bottleneck and I don't feel like I'm playing anything but bacon. I don't think it deserves to be in the final game. I guess beta isn't for them to show off the game but to stress test and what not but impressions count.

Battlelog is ok, it does work, but I don't like the disconnect between the game and the web interface.

Lag is an issue (yes yes beta), hopefully it'll be much less come release. Frequently getting cross hair indications of hits only do die by the person I was attacking to find him on 100%. Meeting people round a corner, clearly opening fire on my screen before them yet dying first etc.

Feedback on hits is often poor, probably just a lag thing again. Sometimes you just fall down dead or only feel one hit, which just isn't cricket.

Scope glint needs to go, or toned downed drastically. At full brightness, which doesn't take long, it's about half the size of a 1p coin.

But you know, other than that, pretty awesome. Whatever its shortcomings it'll be in the same position of bacon of being the best product on the market.
Last edited by Thompy on September 30th, 2011, 22:48, edited 1 time in total.
TezzRexx
Dr Zoidberg
Dr Zoidberg

Post by TezzRexx »

Playing the beta, runs amazingly well on my shitty machine!

Edit: Until it crashes changing round :(
Last edited by TezzRexx on September 30th, 2011, 22:53, edited 1 time in total.