Syndicate Sequel! oh no, wait...

Where we come together to shoot 5punk.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Joose
Turret
Turret

Re: Syndicate Sequel! oh no, wait...

Post by Joose »

Yep, it was a nice touch. I actually do like the music, but still... wubwub is getting everywhere.
spoodie
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by spoodie »

Mr. Johnson wrote:The male voice at the beginning sounds like Brian Cox.
He seems to be in every other film, why not video games as well. 174 acting roles apparently. :shock:

That game looks rather good.
buzzmong
Weighted Storage Cube
Weighted Storage Cube

Post by buzzmong »

The original had music?
All I remember is the sound of miniguns firing, of shotguns reloading, and the WaaaAAAaaah--WaaaAAAaaah of the not-very-well-looped screams of burning enemies.

Obviously that's not Syndicate, but it actually looked pretty awesome unlike the XCOM reimagining. Very Deus Ex:HR though, just fasterer.
Jackinabox
Kitten
Kitten

Post by Jackinabox »

Dog Pants wrote: I'm still expecting a linear shooter about cocky American corporate cyborg gangsters, cynical as I am.
Having been watching a playthrough, I think you pretty much called this one.

Even the first preview video of a mission had the guy looking after you start popping heads, talking all Judge-Dredd-meets-Dark-Knight-husky & walking around the rival facility :?
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

Couldn't really have gone far from that. The agents in the originals were brainwashed drones, remote controlled by the player from that zeppelin which appeared in cutscenes occasionally. Which is pretty sinister and a brilliant bit of dystopian plot, but would have made for a poor FPS.
buzzmong
Weighted Storage Cube
Weighted Storage Cube

Post by buzzmong »

Dog Pants wrote:The agents in the originals were brainwashed drones, remote controlled by the player from that zeppelin which appeared in cutscenes occasionally. Which is pretty sinister and a brilliant bit of dystopian plot, but would have made for a poor FPS.
Nah. Think Hired Guns mixed with Rainbow 6. Or a four life system and more tactical leanings ala DX:HR rather than a full blown action shooter.

That would be the only way to pull off a Syndicate FPS in my eyes. Still, Cartel should be coming later this year hopefully, god bless Paradox.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

I have to admit, I'd love to see a modern take on Hired Guns, so maybe putting something like that in the Synidicate setting could be very good. It's a moot point now anyway, it's had a Shadowrun done on it. It'll be a long time before we see another Syndicate game I think.