i43 nerd by nerd account

Forum for organising the next LAN event

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Anery
Optimus Prime
Optimus Prime

i43 nerd by nerd account

Post by Anery »

It's the UKs biggest ever LAN party and I decided (whilst drunk I might add) that it would be a good idea to attend. So here I am.
The convention/expo/stuff is being held in Telford International Centre and is hosting over 2000 people who have all brought there PCs with them to play gaems and shit.
So far first impressions are pretty much what you would expect - who the fuck are all these weird cunts and where is the bar. First question will probably never be answered, the second was answered quite quickly. Bar was located and duly the beer was found and has been drunk, later there will be more.
SO, erm, ye. I am staying in a tent, and the event itself is located in a mahoosive convention centre everyone seems pretty friendly if a bit odd and things are afoot. I'll see about posting some pictures later on, gotta scoot the beer trolley is coming round...
Grimmie
Master of Soviet Propaganda
Master of Soviet Propaganda

Re: i43 nerd by nerd account

Post by Grimmie »

Pics pics pics! It sounds mildly like fun from your account.
Anery
Optimus Prime
Optimus Prime

Post by Anery »

I can do that, I am going to attempt streaming tonight too. The internets here are phenomenal!
Incidentally, the first day (yesterday, I got early entry Thursday night) was a bit of a shocker, for a start I was out of my tent my the stupid time of 9AM, never knew such times existed! And then there was the opening ceremony.
What a fucking embarrassment, I was ashamed, shocked and stunned at the greed and impatience of the crowd. Free stuff! fights almost broke out as stuff was chucked into the crowd, it was like a scene from the 9 o'clock news covering aid relief in Africa - they didn'g give a shit what the exhibitors had to say - just gimme the free shit bitch! I filmed it, will post later.

Pics here
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

Nice pics mate, some interesting stuff. Did I see a female in one of those pictures? She must have very brave or very ugly to put herself near so many teenage boys. Loved the big monitor saying "<--- I THINK HE'S faaabulous ".
Anery
Optimus Prime
Optimus Prime

Post by Anery »

She was in the SC2 Tourney! very nice too!
Anery
Optimus Prime
Optimus Prime

Post by Anery »

Today I feel like shit.
Last night got very messy indeed. Finally went to bed sometime after half four this morning - shitfaced. See here for nerd rage over a tower of tins.
Roman Totale
Robotic Bumlord
Robotic Bumlord

Post by Roman Totale »

Guys, chill down.
TezzRexx
Dr Zoidberg
Dr Zoidberg

Post by TezzRexx »

STOP FUCKOFF STOP
Anery
Optimus Prime
Optimus Prime

Post by Anery »

I did manage to enjoy myself somewhat over this long weekend just gone, I managed to categorise three types of geek whilst I was there and I think subsquent trips may prove more enlightening, I suspect a sub-species of genus "weirdy beardy" exists out there somewhere.
Long story short, I spent the entire weekend talking computer games and warhammer with random people I had never met before, wandering around exhibiters stands looking for freebies and talking cod-shit with them (they seemed glad to talk to someone who could string a sentance together without resorting to lol) and also getting drunk, very drunk, a constant state of semi to full intoxication until Sunday morning (and boy did I feel special that day)
Watched my "friend" (rabbits ears because he is a bit of a tosser) die repeatedly in a beat the pro competition, only to have his score beaten by the next guy (mate scored 0 pro scored 7, next guy got 2 against pro - some shit game called modern warface 2?) followed by him lauging at my 9-6 table football defeat (he followed it with a 9-0 defeat to the staff) and a best time putting a media centre together of 33 seconds busted on my first try by 7 seconds. I was amused he got pissed off and wandered off in the end.
Played minecraft on a six monitor setup, laughed so hard I fell off my dinosaur, watched some tournament stuff - was actually quite interesting and rode a giant bucking can of kick into the sunset.
In between that I ordered beers and food to my desk through a website, seriously lazy, and played random games of random stuff (including a game which had you making the noise of the car engine to make it go faster and slower - que entire rows of people going "meeeeaaah, meeeeeeeeeeah, meeeeeeeeeeeah")

T'was a good do, I think I may have volunteered to go again in November, which may mean I can't go to JockBash :( I will open a thread on the possibility of future 5punk excursions to i-series.
mrbobbins
Robotic Despot
Robotic Despot

Post by mrbobbins »

Anery wrote:a game which had you making the noise of the car engine to make it go faster and slower - que entire rows of people going "meeeeaaah, meeeeeeeeeeah, meeeeeeeeeeeah"
I want to play this + Teamspeak!