Day O' Sex: Human Revolution

Where we come together to shoot 5punk.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Dr. kitteny berk
Morbo
Morbo

Re: Day O' Sex: Human Revolution

Post by Dr. kitteny berk »

Yet I still find myself snapping hobo's necks.
buzzmong
Weighted Storage Cube
Weighted Storage Cube

Post by buzzmong »

The game isn't really geared towards out and out combat either (ignoring boss fights), so stealthy take downs are the way to go. The non lethal weaponry, especially the tranq rifle, are a little bit over powered methinks because they're just incredibly effective (and you get more xp too).
deject
Berk
Berk

Post by deject »

Dr. kitteny berk wrote:Yet I still find myself snapping hobo's necks.
Would it really bother you if you couldn't though?
Dr. kitteny berk
Morbo
Morbo

Yes.

Fucking hobos.
deject
Berk
Berk

Post by deject »

Dr. kitteny berk wrote:Yes.

Fucking hobos.
:lol:
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

Are we having some sort of thread convergence here?

I find myself sneaking about until I invariably fuck it up, before killing everyone in sight. Since I've gone for armour over stealth that usually doesn't take too long, but it does tend to put me right in the shit.
Dr. kitteny berk
Morbo
Morbo

Dog Pants wrote:I find myself sneaking about until I invariably fuck it up, before killing everyone in sight. Since I've gone for armour over stealth that usually doesn't take too long, but it does tend to put me right in the shit.
:lol: :above:
deject
Berk
Berk

Post by deject »

Dog Pants wrote:Are we having some sort of thread convergence here?
A bit, I may have posted right after waking up while I wasn't really paying attention.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

I think Roman in particular will like this for the music.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y414Q7vVgYU[/media]
Dr. kitteny berk
Morbo
Morbo

oh yeah, has anyone else been moderately amused by the planeocopter being called 800bee? :)
buzzmong
Weighted Storage Cube
Weighted Storage Cube

Post by buzzmong »

I really do like this game, I really do, but I keep finding small niggles.

Things like mines stacking in the inventory but grenades not. Ammo stacks seems awfully small in general as well. Not being able to pick up and move ammo that I can't carry is something I occasionally like doing as well.

This is only a personal preference, but I much prefered Deus Ex 1's method of grenades (and anything else in the quick bar) being main in hand items and used with mouse 1 after scrolling with the mouse wheel rather than HR's method of selecting via numbers then throwing by pressing G.
Soonarmar
Squirrel
Squirrel

Post by Soonarmar »

buzzmong wrote:I really do like this game, I really do, but I keep finding small niggles.

Things like mines stacking in the inventory but grenades not. Ammo stacks seems awfully small in general as well. Not being able to pick up and move ammo that I can't carry is something I occasionally like doing as well.

This is only a personal preference, but I much prefered Deus Ex 1's method of grenades (and anything else in the quick bar) being main in hand items and used with mouse 1 after scrolling with the mouse wheel rather than HR's method of selecting via numbers then throwing by pressing G.
It absolutely drives me bonkers that I will come across a corpse of a heavily armoured guard, loot them and find out they had all of five bullets on them. And that's if I'm lucky.
Grimmie
Master of Soviet Propaganda
Master of Soviet Propaganda

Post by Grimmie »

I am rich after looting every corpse I've killed. I think I managed to amass 9,000 credits, and that's after spending 5k on one of those XP packs. I'm having quite a lot of fun as a pistol-wielding hacker.
Dr. kitteny berk
Morbo
Morbo

I've completely run out of pistol ammo, it's bad. not least because I've thrown every upgrade I've seen on my pistol.
buzzmong
Weighted Storage Cube
Weighted Storage Cube

Post by buzzmong »

Grimmie wrote:I am rich oh so very poor despite looting every corpse I've killed. I think I managed to amass 9,000 credits, and that's after spending 5k on one of those XP packs. I'm having quite a lot of fun as a pistol-wielding hacker.
Fix'd for the pauper.

I don't see how it's possible to not be rolling in dosh. I spent 10k at the first Limb clinic and dropped to about 11k and a chapter later, I'm back up to nearly 30k.
deject
Berk
Berk

Post by deject »

Dr. kitteny berk wrote:I've completely run out of pistol ammo, it's bad. not least because I've thrown every upgrade I've seen on my pistol.
It is incredibly effective with the AP upgrade.
Dr. kitteny berk
Morbo
Morbo

deject wrote:
Dr. kitteny berk wrote:I've completely run out of pistol ammo, it's bad. not least because I've thrown every upgrade I've seen on my pistol.
It is incredibly effective with the AP upgrade.
Hilariously effective with the AP upgrade, a silencer, a few capacity upgrades (22 round mag anyone) a laser sight, and some recoil compensation. :)
FatherJack
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by FatherJack »

I've used the pistol the whole game, one or rarely two headshots will kill an unaware enemy from cover, even those with helmets on.

If they're aware, I'm doing it wrong - so I go and hide somewhere until they forget about me.
HereComesPete
Throbbing Cupcake
Throbbing Cupcake

Post by HereComesPete »

FatherJack wrote:I've used the pistol the whole game, one or rarely two headshots will kill an unaware enemy from cover, even those with helmets on.

If they're aware, I'm doing it wrong - so I go and hide somewhere until they forget about me.
Totally this :above: although I do like carrying the missile launcher around for shits and giggles.

I did get annoyed when I realised I had carted loads of guns into a mission to then cut scene to another mission and not have a chance to sell anything, I had an inventory full of shit I wanted to flog damn it!

And what's up with the flight trajectories of grenades? Sometimes it's like you're throwing a shoe, then the next time a rubber covered rocket. I swear I saw one bank shot off door accelerate as it went around the corner.
buzzmong
Weighted Storage Cube
Weighted Storage Cube

Post by buzzmong »

If I may, I urge you guys to equip the revolver with the explosive ammo mod.

It's fucking hilarious and certainly makes it earn the name of "hand cannon" :lol: