Day O' Sex: Human Revolution

Where we come together to shoot 5punk.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Day O' Sex: Human Revolution

Post by Dog Pants »

I have pre-ordered it, off the back of PCG's 94% review. Coincidentally I got Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines at the same time and am enjoying it for very much the same reasons I'm expecting to enjoy DE:HR.
buzzmong
Weighted Storage Cube
Weighted Storage Cube

Re: Day O' Sex: Human Revolution

Post by buzzmong »

94%? Blimey. Combined with RPS's musings, I'll be preordering as well then this afternoon.

Dunno if the premium pack is worth it though.

For £34.99 via Play, it is. You also get extra guns and toys with it. Sold.
Roman Totale
Robotic Bumlord
Robotic Bumlord

Post by Roman Totale »

Dog Pants wrote:I have pre-ordered it, off the back of PCG's 94% review. Coincidentally I got Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines at the same time and am enjoying it for very much the same reasons I'm expecting to enjoy DE:HR.
VTMB is chuffing great. I've got the hard copy somewhere, but got it on Steam the other night because 1) it's bloody cheap, and 2) I'm hoping it will come fully patched. I've only ever played it as Malkavian (because they're hat standingly great characters with brilliant dialogue) so I need to vary this time.

For some reason I thought that Human Revolution had been panned. Must have been a dream. 94% does deserve a pre-order.

Edit:
buzzmong wrote:For £34.99 via Play, it is. You also get extra guns and toys with it. Sold.
Play with the edge there. The Steam pre-order Augmented edition looks weak - artwork and a making of? Give me guns!
buzzmong
Weighted Storage Cube
Weighted Storage Cube

Post by buzzmong »

Fwiw, the Augmented is the same on Play/Steam/Amazon etc, Steam just doesn't mention the ingame toys for some odd reason. Dunno how Steam is going to supply the art book to you though. PDF maybe rather than an actual physical object?

Editio!: Roman, VM:B needs manual patches as they're not "official". 7.5 I think is one of the newest.

I also spotted on the play image an extra called "Tong's Rescue". I wonder if that's Tracer Tong related.
Last edited by buzzmong on July 30th, 2011, 20:37, edited 1 time in total.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

Bollocks to special editions. £5 extra for an SMG and det packs? Isn't that just F2P without the F?

I was always going to play Vampire as a Malkavian, but as it happened the bingatron spat one out anyway. Incidentally, Vampire the Masquerade is a P&PRPG originally. Not a bad system from what I remember, although the whole playing a vampire thing tends to attract the wrong crowd. I had a Malkavian in that who was scared of spoons, but I'm not sure I ever played him in anger.
Joose
Turret
Turret

Post by Joose »

If you can get a group who are not all "ooh I'm soooo deep because I'm a vampire. Check out my awesome emoness" then vampire can be an excellent p&p game. The dynamic you can get with the different clans being forced together, with mild amounts of mutual screwing over can be ace.
Killavodka
Cheese Lord
Cheese Lord

Post by Killavodka »

Had this pre-ordered for a long while, with the hope that they have been sat in the corner for a few years to ponder over the many mistakes they made in Deus Ex 2.
Legoshoes
Unicorn
Unicorn

Post by Legoshoes »

I tweeted yesterday or the day before about the amazon preorder for it. £25 for the augmented edition but it seems to come and go on the orders... this'll be the first game i'll test my new computer with. can't wait.
Worth keeping an eye on. http://savygamer.co.uk/2011/08/17/deus- ... -pc-24-97/
buzzmong
Weighted Storage Cube
Weighted Storage Cube

Post by buzzmong »

Heh, seems I made a canny call with the Play order at 34.99, it's now £39.99 for the pre-order from there.
Grimmie
Master of Soviet Propaganda
Master of Soviet Propaganda

Post by Grimmie »

Am I the only one who doesn't care about TF2 unlocks?
http://www.teamfortress.com/deus-ex/
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

Grimmie wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't care about TF2 unlocks?
Nope. In fact I don't care about the DE3 unlocks either. It's a single player game, why would I want to pay extra for more weapons?
Joose
Turret
Turret

Post by Joose »

I like the TF2 unlocks, as im playing a fair amount of TF2 at the moment, and new shiny things are new and shiny.

Totally agree about the silliness of pre order bonuses for single player games though. Especially as they tend to be unbalanced for the game, presumably to make them enticing to people. Its like getting a finely tuned car and strapping a jet engine to the back. It might go faster, but it makes a shit car. I don't want my finely crafted game to be made too easy by overpowered jet engines. Or guns.
buzzmong
Weighted Storage Cube
Weighted Storage Cube

Post by buzzmong »

Grimmie wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't care about TF2 unlocks?
I didn't know about those, wouldn't have changed my decision to get a disk version over a Steamy version though. They look good, but I don't think they're good functionality wise.
spoodie
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by spoodie »

Ok, I'll bite. As the game sounds good there's no reason not to pre-order. All my TF2 classes now have cyber shades. :)

The engineer bits are the only things that could have an interesting effect on my game though. Perhaps they'll be useless anyway, we'll see.
Joose
Turret
Turret

Post by Joose »

spoodie wrote:Ok, I'll bite. As the game sounds good there's no reason not to pre-order. All my TF2 classes now have cyber shades. :)

The engineer bits are the only things that could have an interesting effect on my game though. Perhaps they'll be useless anyway, we'll see.
Same. The new sniper rifle looks potentially interesting, I like the idea of hitting multiple people with one shot :)
Depends how bad having tracer rounds is though.
buzzmong
Weighted Storage Cube
Weighted Storage Cube

Post by buzzmong »

Joose wrote:Same. The new sniper rifle looks potentially interesting, I like the idea of hitting multiple people with one shot :)
Depends how bad having tracer rounds is though.
narf, I don't see the penetration lasting long as a stat. I can see it being rather decimating at the start of a round.
Joose
Turret
Turret

Post by Joose »

buzzmong wrote: narf, I don't see the penetration lasting long as a stat. I can see it being rather decimating at the start of a round.
Only briefly. After the initial rush, I cant see this being used to get more than 2 people at a time, and even then it will be rare. Plus, the main advantage of snipers is that you often don't notice them until they shoot you. Depending on how obvious the tracers are, they could be quite a problem.

Don't get me wrong, penetration (:lol:) is a big plus, but its potentially balanced by a big minus.
buzzmong
Weighted Storage Cube
Weighted Storage Cube

Post by buzzmong »

I concur that after the push it's somewhat useless, I just think that enough people will complain about how much harder it'll make getting out of the spawn on some maps and we'll see it changed.
spoodie
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by spoodie »

Or people would learn not to be in a nice, neat row.
Soonarmar
Squirrel
Squirrel

Post by Soonarmar »

Sold at hats.