Spare Steams

Talk on any game/console that doesn't have its own forum, including browser-based games

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Joose
Turret
Turret

Re: Spare Steams

Post by Joose »

AAAAAaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAaaaaaaaaaa is pretty entertaining. Once you get around the slightly bizarre controls that is. Its not going to be a game you sink 50 hours into, but its worth a couple of quid.
Legoshoes
Unicorn
Unicorn

Post by Legoshoes »

If anyone wants, i have a Steam key for the new humble bundle. Fieldrunners, BIT.TRIP BEAT, SpaceChem, and Uplink, all as one key. Spacechem is definitely a look if you enjoy puzzles.
Also, since i paid above the average, i have a key for a Lemmings style game called Spirits as well.
ProfHawking
Zombie
Zombie

Post by ProfHawking »

Ooo, i'd be tempted if still going spare? :wave: SpaceChem looks interesting, and also bittrip. not heard of the other two though, are they also good?
Legoshoes
Unicorn
Unicorn

Post by Legoshoes »

Uplink makes you feel like a leet haxx0r, lots of frantic working against a clock, i haven't played that much of it to be honest, but it's kind of like what i imagine hollywood style people think hacking is really like. Not played Fieldrunners. It looks like your basic tower defense. I'll send you a key anon.
Joose
Turret
Turret

Post by Joose »

Uplink is wierd. Excellent but wierd. It is a kind of simulator of hollywood haxxing, as in its fuck all like real hacking but its presented in a dead straight, "realistic" manner. If that makes sense at all. Whatever, its good fun and the accelerated beeping noise of an incoming trace is the stuff that nighmares are made of. Its a little DF in its approach to learning too. Expect to fail a lot.

Spirits is alright. Ive got it for the iPad. Its not the most taxing puzzle game in the world, but its quite pretty, and strangely relaxing.
Legoshoes
Unicorn
Unicorn

Post by Legoshoes »

Spirits is still up for grabs.
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfet07DruE8[/media]
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

I was after a Lemming-like a little while ago for the iPad but couldn't find one. I'd still prefer it for the iPad (and may still get it on that), but if nobody else wants it I wouldn't mind it.
Killavodka
Cheese Lord
Cheese Lord

Post by Killavodka »

Just checked my inventory and it appears I have two copies of Left for Dead 2, and one copy of Portal if anybody is interested?
ProfHawking
Zombie
Zombie

Post by ProfHawking »

Cheers for the key Legoshoes!! SpaceChem is proving a bit taxing for my friday-brain ;)

In my inventory i have up for grabs: HL2:EP1, Portal (x2), The Ship (x2), 75% off Portal2
If anyone wants any of that do shout
Legoshoes
Unicorn
Unicorn

Post by Legoshoes »

Humble bundle was updated, so if anyone hasn't got or would like a bundle of World of Goo, Anomaly, Osmos, and EDGE, I have a key for the whole set.
fabyak
Home-made Big Daddy
Home-made Big Daddy

Post by fabyak »

ooooo, if it's going spare I wouldn't say no!
TezzRexx
Dr Zoidberg
Dr Zoidberg

Post by TezzRexx »

Also got the 75% off Pootals.
Legoshoes
Unicorn
Unicorn

Post by Legoshoes »

fabyak wrote:ooooo, if it's going spare I wouldn't say no!
A code has been shot your way at the speed of internet!
fabyak
Home-made Big Daddy
Home-made Big Daddy

Post by fabyak »

ta!
Joose
Turret
Turret

Post by Joose »

PC Gamer is giving away Europa Universalis 3 with all the expansions this month. Looks good if you are in to super hardcore historical strategy sims. I am not.

Stick this code in Steam if you want it, and post on here when you have done. First come first served, etc:

MLRC5-X39IX-CVLXE
mrbobbins
Robotic Despot
Robotic Despot

Post by mrbobbins »

Joose wrote:PC Gamer is giving away Europa Universalis 3 with all the expansions this month. Looks good if you are in to super hardcore historical strategy sims. I am not.

Stick this code in Steam if you want it, and post on here when you have done. First come first served, etc:

MLRC5-X39IX-CVLXE
Anyone played this?, Is it more of a buildy than a fighty type thing?.
mrbobbins
Robotic Despot
Robotic Despot

Post by mrbobbins »

mrbobbins wrote:Anyone played this?, Is it more of a buildy than a fighty type thing?.
Actually it just sounds a bit scary:
A Review wrote:If the notion of supervising vassals, fiddling budgets, managing naval fleets, and massing three-pronged land armies among dozens of other duties over the course of 300-plus years makes you dizzy&well, it should. That's the beauty of this series: It doesn't compromise
HereComesPete
Throbbing Cupcake
Throbbing Cupcake

Post by HereComesPete »

Sounds like Friz would like it. Can't think of anyone else though.
FatherJack
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by FatherJack »

I think I played the demo, but it didn't grab me. Was more about accruing resources and taking over neighbours than building cities and as it's based on a board game, it's just map tiles for each province with little sprites on like counters.
Dr. kitteny berk
Morbo
Morbo

Post by Dr. kitteny berk »

ProfHawking wrote:Cheers for the key Legoshoes!! SpaceChem is proving a bit taxing for my friday-brain ;)

In my inventory i have up for grabs: HL2:EP1, Portal (x2), The Ship (x2), 75% off Portal2
If anyone wants any of that do shout
Still got these?

mobslug is having a pc for his birthday, ep1 and portal would be lovely. chuck em at mbslg86.

Cheers :)
Last edited by Dr. kitteny berk on August 27th, 2012, 0:31, edited 1 time in total.