Help Nathan Fillion Buy Firefly

For talk on Movies, TV, Music & Books

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Dr. kitteny berk
Morbo
Morbo

Help Nathan Fillion Buy Firefly

Post by Dr. kitteny berk »

This will probably make 8 of you cream your pants.

http://helpnathanbuyfirefly.com/
deject
Berk
Berk

Post by deject »

I still do not get what people saw in Firefly. Pretty much everything about it was no good. I tried to watch it, but I just couldn't.
buzzmong
Weighted Storage Cube
Weighted Storage Cube

Post by buzzmong »

deject wrote:I still do not get what people saw in Firefly. Pretty much everything about it was no good. I tried to watch it, but I just couldn't.
Heathen!
amblin
Zombie Spanger
Zombie Spanger

Post by amblin »

Last edited by amblin on May 5th, 2014, 17:27, edited 1 time in total.
FatherJack
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by FatherJack »

It was enjoyable, but they pretty much tied it up in the film, albeit rather hurriedly.

Morena Baccarin's Anna in V is ten times the rubbish character she was in Firefly, and most of the other cast have done better stuff since.
Stoat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stoat »

I'm interested, if only to see if the kickstarter model is viable on this scale.
Roman Totale
Robotic Bumlord
Robotic Bumlord

Post by Roman Totale »

FatherJack wrote:It was enjoyable, but they pretty much tied it up in the film, albeit rather hurriedly
I'll miss Wash :(

But I would love to see Jewel again - always preferred her over Morenna.

And as Amblin says, we still need more Castle and Chuck.
friznit
Heavy
Heavy

Post by friznit »

It'll just end up like Star War 1. They'll add a Jar Jar "to make the series accessable to a wider audience of younger viewers while still appealing to our loyal fanbase".

Like revisiting that wonderful holiday you had when you were a kid, the second time round it simply doesn't capture the old magic. Much as I'd love there to have been more, it was a great little gem of a series, let it lie.
Sheriff Fatman
Optimus Prime
Optimus Prime

Post by Sheriff Fatman »

deject wrote:I still do not get what people saw in Firefly. Pretty much everything about it was no good. I tried to watch it, but I just couldn't.
Fucking this.

It was a clichéd cowboy space sci-fi. Fillion has somewhat redeemed himself with Castle, (which despite myself, I actually quite like), but Firefly really wasn't that good.
Roman Totale
Robotic Bumlord
Robotic Bumlord

Post by Roman Totale »

Bloody hell, it's Sherf! Which dark cock have you been hiding under?
Sheriff Fatman
Optimus Prime
Optimus Prime

Post by Sheriff Fatman »

Yer mum's!

(Otherwise known as "disenfranchised with recent PC releases and have been playing Lotro and revisiting single player stuff").
shot2bits
Zombie
Zombie

Post by shot2bits »

id be interested if they hadnt done the movie and killed off wash, sheperd and pretty much put the alliance in ruins, then they wouldve had plenty more to go on, as it stands they've tied up the main plot and got rid of any hope for continuation of the story about who the hell shepherd really is and the deal with the blue hand/blue sun corp that they only scratched the surface on in one episode. All i can see this being is random episodes with no underlying plot behind them all and quite probably a good way to kill what was a good series by dumping crap on it
Joose
Turret
Turret

Post by Joose »

shot2bits wrote:id be interested if they hadnt done the movie and killed off wash, sheperd and pretty much put the alliance in ruins, then they wouldve had plenty more to go on, as it stands they've tied up the main plot and got rid of any hope for continuation of the story about who the hell shepherd really is and the deal with the blue hand/blue sun corp that they only scratched the surface on in one episode. All i can see this being is random episodes with no underlying plot behind them all and quite probably a good way to kill what was a good series by dumping crap on it
Unfortunately, I agree. Its a shame it died, but I think its probably better left dead.

As an aside, the story behind the fellas with the blue hands is covered in a graphic novel called "Serenity: Those Left Behind", that fills in between the series and the film. Its not a bad read, if you can find it.
spoodie
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by spoodie »

I really enjoyed Firefly, but I'm not too fussed about it being bought back. Is Joss Whedon likely to be involved?
Baliame
Tremors Worm
Tremors Worm

Post by Baliame »

So if we're not buying Firefly...

...let's buy Arrested Development?