BEARD BASH! 8D

Forum for organising the next LAN event

Moderator: Forum Moderators

mrbobbins
Robotic Despot
Robotic Despot

Post by mrbobbins »

Grimmie wrote:I think I have 5%, so.. Yes.

It'll be all right on the night.
"You open the door into a room filled with.... erm... nothing, a HUGE NOTHING attacks you!!. Roll a D0"
Joose
Turret
Turret

Post by Joose »

Ive just had an awesome idea. Randomly Generated Adventure! every time you go into a room, everything about that room is generated by rolling a d100 and looking it up on a table. The size of the room, the contents of the room, the exits, the gribblies, etc. It would only work for your basic dungeon crawl, and would be a bit like RPG russian roulette, and it probably wouldnt make a lot of sense as a story, but it could be funny if nothing else:

DM: You enter the room. It is....5m wide....20m long and...1m high. There are....3 doors out and....a cake in the corner. In the room with you is.....a beholder!
Grimmie
Master of Soviet Propaganda

Post by Grimmie »

It would be a very short adventure :lol:
Anhamgrimmar
Ninja Pirate
Ninja Pirate

Post by Anhamgrimmar »

Well, having gained permission from the missus, i can definatly make the friday. now just have to work on the boss at werk to get monday off. SHouldn't be too hard, i r a temp, afterall...
Pnut
Ninja
Ninja

Post by Pnut »

Joose wrote:Ive just had an awesome idea. Randomly Generated Adventure! every time you go into a room, everything about that room is generated by rolling a d100 and looking it up on a table. The size of the room, the contents of the room, the exits, the gribblies, etc. It would only work for your basic dungeon crawl, and would be a bit like RPG russian roulette, and it probably wouldnt make a lot of sense as a story, but it could be funny if nothing else:

DM: You enter the room. It is....5m wide....20m long and...1m high. There are....3 doors out and....a cake in the corner. In the room with you is.....a beholder!
Otherwise known as Advanced Heroquest, which I possibly still have somewhere will bring with me.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

Pnut wrote:
Otherwise known as Advanced Heroquest
I was going to suggest that. I used to use the dungeon generator to, erm, generate dungeons. For D&D.
Grimmie

Post by Grimmie »

Fuuuuucccckk.

Why didn't I start writing earlier?
Joose
Turret
Turret

Post by Joose »

Grimmie wrote:Fuuuuucccckk.

Why didn't I start writing earlier?
:lol:
Grimmie

Post by Grimmie »

I've been busy all nights :( I think I just need to take my laptop and books in to a quiet room and power through it tomorrow.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

I managed to knock another page out on mine, but I get about half an hour at night, and at the weekend I tend to get distracted by games. I might have to forego the nice maps I was making.
Roman Totale
Robotic Bumlord
Robotic Bumlord

Post by Roman Totale »

Dog Pants wrote:I managed to knock another page out on mine
As long as you avoid knocking one out on to the page.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

It's not that good.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

Gruh. Up to Chapter 1, scene 5. Brain no work more.
Joose
Turret
Turret

Post by Joose »

Right! DETAILS!

Arriving: Things wont start proper till Saturday, but people are free to start arriving Friday. We will probably spend Friday buggering about, making characters, etc, so it wont be anything vital you will miss by not being there. Apart from first dibs on sleeping arrangements, which brings me to:

Sleeping: Me and the Mrs are going to take the spare room, as it doesn't have much floorspace. This leaves the double bed in the main bedroom, as well as a double air-bed as Proper Bedding. In addition to that, there is probably space in there for a couple other people to sleep, as well as a front room complete with sofa and floorspace for a couple more people. Should be plenty of room, but it will be first come first served. I'll let you fight amongst yourselves about who shares the doubles. :lol: Bring at least a sleeping bag just in case, and if you can bring something to sleep on too that would be great, even if someone else then uses it.

Foods: The Mrs has offered to use the slow-cooker to make a vast vat of something on Sunday, either chilli, bolognasey or stoo. Register your complaints here if there is one of those you really wouldn't want. I'm suggesting a bunch of pizzas for Saturday: specifically, a selection of basic ones, so we don't end up with pizza discussion induced rage again. If you really like anchovies but no one else does, tough fucking titties. Depending on numbers, we could go out for fuuds on Friday night, as there are an absolute shitload of choices within walking distance of here. For the rest of the foods, we can either get a bunch of snacky things in, or we can pop around the corner for subways or similar, or a mix of the two. Morning Bacons will be provided.

Alcohol: yes please, bring some. I can do a run for beers if people want to make requests and provide me with monies.

Buggering off again: I've got Monday off too, so feel free to hang around till then. Monday will be just a relaxing/rebuilding the house day though.

If you are coming by train, it would probably be an idea to time it so a bunch of you get to Leicester at the same time if you are going for taxis. Walking is a possibility depending on how much gear you have, its only about half an hour away. Failing that, give us a ring and im sure someone will come get you. If you are driving, poke me via PM and I can give you postcode/directions. Our place is piss easy to find, and parking is usually not an issue.

Any other questions?
Grimmie

Post by Grimmie »

Sounds good, and all of Mrs. Joose's mass food suggestions are fine with me.
I'll be bringing a sleeping bag and pillow, and all my beardquipment.

A six-pack of pear Kopparberg wouldn't go amiss, I can pay you over the internets.
Mr. Jack Daniels will be accompanying me too.

I have most of Adventure A written now, just gotta do the fiddly bits.
Adventure B should take less time to write, as it's based off a module.

My train is due to get in at 1:50pm, and I have an open return.

ps. Mmm bacons.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

My plans are:

Food - all of those options sound good. I eat almost anything normal humans do. I have a hankering for a kebab from the famous Kebabylon.

Beer - I'll grab some before I set off on friday. I'm hoping GMing will slow my drinking down because a) I want to be able to actually GM, b) I can't afford loads of beer, and c) I want to be able to drive home on sunday. Probably be bitter and/or Guinness.

Travel - I'll be arriving on friday, and I'll be free from about lunch time. I'm coming from Notts so I'm only about 40mins away. I'd like to spend friday afternoon bedding in and getting my shit sorted out for the game, but I'll arrive whenever Joose is ready to receive me (insert smutty remark here). I have car, I can taxi to/from station. <strike>Gaz, IM</strike> Joose, PM me.

Sleeping - I have a sleepybag and travel pillow. I can bring a double air bed.

Gaem - I've written 50% of the scenario, 90% of the map, and all of the characters. Once I'm sure I don't need to tweak any of the characters I'll release them so people can spend the final points and put in a bit of personality. I need to do something about getting it running on my laptop before I go (since it doesn't have office on it).

Beardquipment - SLA books, dice, laptop. Can also optionally bring a small Imperial Guard horse and/or Necromunda.

Buggering off - Sunday, probably afternoon since I need to retrieve the family females and then drive home.
Grimmie

Post by Grimmie »

Who ISN'T arriving on Friday?
FatherJack
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by FatherJack »

Still waiting to hear from an interview last week for the job working weekends...blah blah blah.

To avoid dicking anyone around I'll say no.

However, I would like to come and say hello at some point. I would be driving, arrive at some point Sat or Sun day and stick around until evening, then drive home. That way I would need no special dispensation from any of you. I would need directions as for some reason I thought you lived in Derby.
Roman Totale
Robotic Bumlord
Robotic Bumlord

Post by Roman Totale »

I won't be setting off until later on Friday (7ish). I'm giving Shada a lift, but not sure what Pnut is doing - as he has the Friday booked off I'm assuming he's getting the train.

I need to go and buy a new sleeping bag, so I might get some sort mat/air bed type thing whilst I'm there.

I will bring beers. I'll probably also bring my character sheets on a stick as I can never remember what's on them.
Dr. kitteny berk
Morbo
Morbo

Post by Dr. kitteny berk »

As far as booze goes, if someone can give me a lift from near the station, I can acquire a few crates of misc booze from makro to order.