For talk on Movies, TV, Music & Books

Moderator: Forum Moderators

News Reader
Salmon Ninja Pirate Gayer
Salmon Ninja Pirate Gayer

The S.T.A.L.K.E.R. TV Series

Post by News Reader »

Image The S.T.A.L.K.E.R. TV Series
The next GSC S.T.A.L.K.E.R. project will be... a TV show? Yes, it seems to be real. You can check out the trailer below, and the teaser site here. I've contacted GSC for comment. I wish I had something profound to add, but really I am just pleased that it looks like it's trying to be [...]

Author: Jim Rossignol
Category: RockPaperShotgun GSC Game World S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call Of Pripyat stalker The S.T.A.L.K.E.R. TV Series
Publish Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2010 10:01:32 +0000

The next GSC S.T.A.L.K.E.R. project will be... a TV show? Yes, it seems to be real. You can check out the trailer below, and the teaser site here. I've contacted GSC for comment. I wish I had something profound to add, but really I am just pleased that it looks like it's trying to be faithful to the game. Weird. Possibly awesome.

(more...)

Image Image
Read more... - Read comments...

Source: Rock, Paper, Shotgun
Mr. Johnson
Mr Flibbles
Mr Flibbles

Post by Mr. Johnson »

How odd. My interest is piqued though.
Last edited by Mr. Johnson on November 10th, 2010, 14:02, edited 1 time in total.
FatherJack
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by FatherJack »

There was that film.

Don't think it would make a very good TV series. It was wonderfully shot and had some amazing locations, but wasn't what you'd call fast-paced.
Mr. Johnson
Mr Flibbles
Mr Flibbles

Post by Mr. Johnson »

FatherJack wrote:There was that film.

Don't think it would make a very good TV series. It was wonderfully shot and had some amazing locations, but wasn't what you'd call fast-paced.
Actually the film was made well before the games and even before the Chernobyl disaster, but did serve as an inspiration for the makers of STALKER. Supposedly the poor saps ordered to clean up Chernobyl after the disaster nicknamed themselves 'stalkers' after the film, since their job was to find out which areas were safe to enter and which ones weren't.
deject
Berk
Berk

Post by deject »

Mr. Johnson wrote:How odd. My interest is peaked though.
Piqued, surely! /pedant

The Stalker film is amazing, but yeah it pre-dates the Chernobyl disaster.
spoodie
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by spoodie »

FatherJack wrote:but wasn't what you'd call fast-paced.
Some what of an understatement. The atmosphere the pace generated was perfect, but it made the film hard to watch, especially towards the end. There's only so may creeping pan-shots I can stand.

The book, Roadside Picnic, was more interesting I thought.
Mr. Johnson
Mr Flibbles
Mr Flibbles

Post by Mr. Johnson »

deject wrote:
Piqued, surely! /pedant
You're right, edited for justice.
spoodie wrote: Some what of an understatement. The atmosphere the pace generated was perfect, but it made the film hard to watch, especially towards the end. There's only so may creeping pan-shots I can stand.
I watched it in two parts, that helped a little. All the philosophy went completely over my head though.
deject
Berk
Berk

Post by deject »

spoodie wrote: Some what of an understatement. The atmosphere the pace generated was perfect, but it made the film hard to watch, especially towards the end. There's only so may creeping pan-shots I can stand.

The book, Roadside Picnic, was more interesting I thought.
Oh yeah, Stalker is agonizingly slow, on par with 2001: A Space Odyssey. It creates that feeling of dread and apprehension in a very real way, kind of like you are the camera, and you're inching slowly forward like you probably would if you were actually in a place that could tear your body apart into pieces in a second on a whim or if you stand in the wrong place. You have to be prepared for how slow it is though.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

spoodie wrote:The book, Roadside Picnic, was more interesting I thought.
I've not seen Stalker, but I do own Roadside Picnic and can also recommend it. The lead character is nice and solid and it creates a good image of the Zone and the dodgy characters around it. The gritty Russian taste it has just adds to it. Also, the lead character calls his daughter Monkey which I thought strange at the time. Now I find myself calling Sprog by the same name more often than not.