SLA Industries: Day of the Doobrie

For games played by men (and women) with beards, such as tabletop RPGs.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

Daniels wrote:No, but I want to vet it before it goes out. Let me know when you're done.
Unless anyone else has anything specific left we can probably skip to the results.
deject
Berk
Berk

Post by deject »

I am good.
The Shutting Downs
Ninja Pirate
Ninja Pirate

Post by The Shutting Downs »

Stick a fork in it... We done!
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

Okay, back in Central Langley takes a few hours to fiddle the footage and hands it over for you to show Daniels. He tags along as you meet up in person and check the footage out on an Oyster. It's pretty good, if a little sensationalist. Langley is clearly more of a tabloid style reporter, although Mina's report is a little more classy (or at least as classy as a pile of dead Carriens can be).

The footage is out within hours, and Daniels calls Dirk later in the evening.
Daniels wrote:The footage did the trick I think. It kind of got lost in the fuzz of all the Doobrie killing investigations and cleanup reports, but the message got out and nobody seems to be blaming Karma. Anyway, you did your bit. I've drawn up payment of 400c each for your fee, plus 500 bonus between you for not trashing the facility and getting us the footage. There's also a couple of potential sponsorship deals in the future for those interested, but I'll be in touch. Anything else?
Langley comes back later with payment for the footage too.
Langley wrote:Hey, that footage with Mina went down a treat with Slaughterhouse Six! I've taken our commissions out of it, but I still got you a pretty good deal. Want to meet up with us for dinner? We're celebrating!
deject
Berk
Berk

Post by deject »

deject wrote:I will definitely partake. On the whole, I'd say we earned some fun.
The Shutting Downs
Ninja Pirate
Ninja Pirate

Eraser wrote:I may need da house cravat...
Roman Totale
Robotic Bumlord
Robotic Bumlord

Post by Roman Totale »

Sweet. Reckon I should ask if he can get me sponsorship with Dark Lament? :P
Dirk wrote:Mr. Daniels, glad to be of service. We were fortunate really that there were a group of rogue, mutant carrien in the area to help sell the other angle. Any word on them by the way, or were they just "regular" mutants?

Perhaps we could meet up at some point with our financier, Mr. Haynes.
To Langley
Dirk wrote:Lloyd, good to hear the footage went down so well - Eraser and Deject really are quite handy at slicing up fellas. Dinner sounds wonderful. Will Mina be there too?
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

Daniels wrote:Ah yes, those mutants. I passed footage of those onto the guys in the labs. Unfortunately we couldn't get the corpses, but they seemed interested nontheless. I may get back to you about those.
Mina is at the meal too, as is her cameraman. It would appear that they all made a tidy sum out of the footage, by the way they're spending. Langley puts everything on a tab.
Langley wrote:Okay guys, here's the deal. I got 18 seconds of combat footage, plus a ten second interview with Eraser. That went down great, and I got you 540c after commission and fees. Pays to be famous, huh?
Roman Totale
Robotic Bumlord
Robotic Bumlord

Post by Roman Totale »

I hate you, Pants. That last sentence from Langley has filled me with a sense of dread and foreboding.

He's going to kill us all!
The Shutting Downs
Ninja Pirate
Ninja Pirate

Eraser is Famous?

YAAAY!
deject
Berk
Berk

Post by deject »

Speaking of, any contact with my sponsor, the Flying Jelly Attack Confectionary, since I was sporting their design on my armor while fighting the Carrien?
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

Ah, good point, reputations. You all get a point of Public Image, a point with Karma, and a point for any sponsors you're sporting. No bonus at this stage unless you already happen to have a good reputation with them.
The Shutting Downs
Ninja Pirate
Ninja Pirate

Eraser to Langley wrote:I found this ax on tha main Carrien, d'ya know if it belonged ta anyone, its kinda distinct
The Shutting Downs
Ninja Pirate
Ninja Pirate

Also, footage monies!

There was 4 of us in that fight, so it would be 135c

so i'm up by 1035c this run :)
deject
Berk
Berk

Post by deject »

Yeah I'm getting real close to paying off the loan I took for my armor.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

Langley wrote:Hmm, looks like a custom job on the chainaxe. Murderer, don't recognise the name. Hold on.
He makes a phone call to someone who makes Langley talk even sleazier than he normally does.
Langley wrote:Hell, that's Carnivore's chainaxe! According to my pal at least. Shaktar contract killer. Apparently he lost it in CS5 after a cave in. Only just got out alive apparently. Erm, don't know if he might want that back...
The Shutting Downs
Ninja Pirate
Ninja Pirate

Eraser to Langley wrote:We betta go talk to im then, right guys!
Extra rep with a contract killer never did any harm.

I'll make sure it's nice and shiny before we give it back though

Weapons Maintenance: 5,7,+2
Total:14
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

Langley provides a contact for his agent who, on hearing that you have his Chainaxe, sets up a meeting with Carnivore. He's asked to see you at The Pit, which oddly enough means you can't actually hand the weapon over to him as they have to be handed in at the door.

Carnivore is large, even by Shaktar standards, and as far as you can tell quite young. He meets you in The Respite, a dark and quiet little bar on the very bottom floor.
Carnivore wrote:Mr Eraser, thank you for coming. My agent tells me you recovered the Murderer. I am glad, to be lost in the Cannibal Sectors is a sad fate for such a weapon. Would you tell me how you came about it?
The Shutting Downs
Ninja Pirate
Ninja Pirate

Eraser wrote:Well Sir, my squad was lookin into these Doobrie attacks, and came across a large numba of Carrien attakin a train. Tha big one in charge was wavin this ratha nice peice about, well is obvious that it was too shiny fer a carrien, an they don't normally put words on stuff.

I asked Lloyd, he asked about an said it's yours, so I guessed it'd be betta off back wiv you.
He will be very respectful, so as to not annoy the contract killer.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

You're no expert on Shaktar behaviour, but he doesn't seem annoyed. Forlorn maybe.
Carnivore wrote:It was mine, but lost any claim to it when it was taken from me. As you have fought to reclaim it then you also claim the right to it. I hope it serves you as well as it did me.