SLA Industries: Day of the Doobrie

For games played by men (and women) with beards, such as tabletop RPGs.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

The Shutting Downs
Ninja Pirate
Ninja Pirate

Post by The Shutting Downs »

I count a total of 16 normal Carrien dead, 2 mutants, 3 'bear' mutants and 1 greater.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

In fact there are 21 dead Carriens, 2 Mutants, 3 Bears, and 1 greater. The Wraith from the other squad was popping them too.

If nobody's doing any more investigation Mina takes a few interviews while a Medical Shiver APC and a battered (but hefty looking) bus arrive.

Someone make a Communique roll on the squad's behalf for the interview. If anyone has telegenics they can make a roll for the combat footage too.

Here's why.
deject
Berk
Berk

Post by deject »

I was trying to go for some style points in combat, but I don't have the Telegenics skill. :(

Once the Medical APCs arrive, I'll let them start caring for the wounded and join Eraser at the giant pile of carrien bodies, to check them out.

Detect (4): 8, 6 + 4 = 18
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

They're pretty unremarkable for the most part. Regular carriens are regular carriens, although as you found out a few were carrying nets. The Greater is notable for being partially armoured in scraps of light power armour, mainly DarkNight, and of course the Chainaxe. The 'Bear' carriens are interesting though. As large as a mutant, but all three are pretty similar. This is unusual, normally no two mutants are alike. They're bulkier than normal mutants, with hunched backs and carrying large, sharpened slabs of metal as rudimentary swords. The mutants, by comparison, attacked with their claws.
deject
Berk
Berk

Post by deject »

Most unusual, these hunchback things. I certainly have not seen anything like them before. I bet someone is SLA would like to take a look.
I'd like to start checking out computer files on mutated carrien, to see if anything similar has been seen, and if not who is in charge of research.

Computer Use (4): 5, 7 + 4 = 16
The Shutting Downs
Ninja Pirate
Ninja Pirate

Eraser will do a peice in front of the Camera

Communique 5

Roll(2d10)+5:
7,2,+5
Total:14
Eraser wrote:Y'see, wiv yer regular carrien, they's really scared of anythin that looks tougher than them, so you gots ta shout at em reel loud and menacing, makes 'em think fer a second, thas when you hit 'em

Course, the Ax messes 'em up good, but if you let 'em run at you, tire 'em out as they make the ground up, you can throw knives and stuff at em, I like t'charge tho, much more fun, and you get a beter show.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

deject wrote:
Most unusual, these hunchback things. I certainly have not seen anything like them before. I bet someone is SLA would like to take a look.
I'd like to start checking out computer files on mutated carrien, to see if anything similar has been seen, and if not who is in charge of research.

Computer Use (4): 5, 7 + 4 = 16
Department of Sanitation are the ones who offer bounties. There's some record of Karma doing carrien research, but not for a long time.
deject
Berk
Berk

Post by deject »

I'll get on the horn to DeptSan and see what they have. I'll start by dialing their main phone number.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

Dept Sanitation wrote:Good morning. You have reached the department of sanitation. For civil cases please press 1. For industrial cases please press 2. For biological matters please press 3. For all other enquiries please press 4 for an operator.
deject
Berk
Berk

Post by deject »

I'll press 3.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

You get put through to a bored sounding administrator.
Sanitation clerk wrote:G'morning, Sanitation bio.
deject
Berk
Berk

Post by deject »

Hello sir! My name is Deject, from the squad Five Punk, and we've just finished fighting off a horde of carrien that have been attacking a public train station. I'm calling you though, because among the throngs of regular type carrien, there were a couple strangely mutated kinds of carrien. I've never seen any carrien like these two, that's for sure, as well as some large ones with the curved backs. Are you guys doing any investigations on carrien mutation or know of anyone in the Company that is doing so? I'd think these two mutated ones would be of interest at least.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

Sanitation Clerk wrote:Oh, mutant carriens. Well they're pretty rare but I don't think there's much we don't know about them. That's the thing about mutants isn't it? They're all different. Would you like me to transfer you to the payroll team to discuss your bounty payment?
deject
Berk
Berk

Post by deject »

Yeah sure, that sounds alright.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

Okay, well to speed things up a little we don't need to go through the conversation. They offer 5c per normal Carrien and 10c for each mutant or greater. They want heads though.
The Shutting Downs
Ninja Pirate
Ninja Pirate

Eraser gets to work!
deject
Berk
Berk

Post by deject »

I will also help, and we should leave a few for the newb squad.
The Shutting Downs
Ninja Pirate
Ninja Pirate

They're getting money for the red without doing a thing, the Carrien are ours.
deject
Berk
Berk

Post by deject »

The Shutting Downs wrote:They're getting money for the red without doing a thing, the Carrien are ours.
It'd only be like 10c, they did have the one guy sniping from the roof.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

Okay, so that tallies up to:

20 Lesser Carriens @ 5c = 100c
Of which 7 are likelies for the Cube Face Wraith (by the 10mm damage to their faces)

5 Mutants (the dept of Sanitation will classify the 'Bears' as mutants) @ 10c = 50c

1 Greater @ 10c = 10c

Sub-total: 160c
Total - Wraith's kills: 125c

Cube Face will shuffle around looking sheepish while the heads are piled up, while their Wraith will stand apart from them and remain pretty much unreadable. Please note that Sanitation will require the heads, or at the very least a specific identifiable part, for bounties.

The Shivers start humping the seriously wounded away into APCs and herding the walking wounded onto the riot bus. Others start picking through the corpses. This is where Mina gets her interview, with Shivers and lightly injured people in the background.