Pete's third shadowrun adventure:Welcome to Fortune

For games played by men (and women) with beards, such as tabletop RPGs.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Roman Totale
Robotic Bumlord
Robotic Bumlord

Post by Roman Totale »

Smith wrote:What are you being paid to do, may I ask?
Pnut
Ninja
Ninja

Post by Pnut »

Hernadez wrote:Protect the cargo. In this case, you lot
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

Jasper pays a little more attention. Can has a description of Hernandez pls?
deject
Berk
Berk

Post by deject »

I haven't even negotiated yet, I thought that's what we were on our way to do.
Pnut
Ninja
Ninja

Post by Pnut »

4’6”, stocky, dark hair, blue eyes, trimmed dark beard. Wearing a cream red and green poncho, a same colour sombrero. Twin bandoliers cross his chest with plenty of ammo in. Two fairly large revolvers at his hip.
deject
Berk
Berk

Post by deject »

deject wrote:I haven't even negotiated yet, I thought that's what we were on our way to do.
This was meant to be in character, just FYI. I just realized it wasn't. :(
Roman Totale
Robotic Bumlord
Robotic Bumlord

Post by Roman Totale »

Smith turns to Toy.
Smith wrote:I gather from their reactions that you are not one of their party. What brings you here?
Pnut
Ninja
Ninja

Post by Pnut »

Are we there yet?
Joose
Turret
Turret

Post by Joose »

Toy, to Smith wrote:No, I dont really do parties. I cant dance. My friend Rob, he is my friend, he told me that something interesting might be happening in Fortune because maybe there are some drones there that might be acting strange and I'm interested in drones so he, Rob, my friend, thought that I might be interested in that and that I should go to Fortune so I am.
The toy sticks its hand out and waves it up and down as if it is shaking an invisible hand.
Toy wrote:Hello meatbag. My name is Ingress5. You may call me Ingress5. What is your name, alias, moniker, designation, pseudonym, appellation, Nom de guerre, tag or sobriquet?
Roman Totale
Robotic Bumlord
Robotic Bumlord

Post by Roman Totale »

Smith to Ingress5 wrote:"Meatbag" - how sublimely accurate once you get past all the fripperies.

My name is Smith.
deject
Berk
Berk

Post by deject »

Since everyone is introducing themselves, my name is Alvrin. I'm a great grease man. If you don't know what a grease man does, then you'll have to wait and see.
fabyak
Home-made Big Daddy
Home-made Big Daddy

Post by fabyak »

Jon wrote:Hey check it out, I think someone called Pete has been on this ship, he's scratched his named into the side but included about 20 e's in the middle
Grimmie
Master of Soviet Propaganda
Master of Soviet Propaganda

Post by Grimmie »

:lol: Subtle.
HereComesPete
Throbbing Cupcake
Throbbing Cupcake

Post by HereComesPete »

Suddenly a small but heavy and pointy thing falls out of a luggage rack and hits jon in the head. YOU ARE DEAD!

No not really, I'll update tonight, promise!
HereComesPete
Throbbing Cupcake
Throbbing Cupcake

Post by HereComesPete »

Update!

I blame tanks.
Roman Totale
Robotic Bumlord
Robotic Bumlord

Post by Roman Totale »

HereComesPete wrote:Update!
Where?!
HereComesPete
Throbbing Cupcake
Throbbing Cupcake

Post by HereComesPete »

That was the update...
HereComesPete
Throbbing Cupcake
Throbbing Cupcake

Post by HereComesPete »

Soon the craft settles into a smoothly jinking run, gently swaying as it speeds along. The door to the cockpit opens and Aysun steps through.
Aysun wrote:Mr krinkle, there's no way in hell you can fly better than me. You may be good on the ground but up here you're the beginner. So sit down, fasten in and listen up.
She walks over to stand between the two sets of seats.
Aysun wrote:As there's no point trying to hold a conversation in here that you don't want everyone to hear I'll just announce this to everyone.

Those of you here on the recommendation of Anytime are no doubt wondering what you've turned up for? Well, we're having problems with our first refuel spot. We're not left much choice of where we put down on this route as we're hemmed in by elves, indians and shit that lives in the forests.

Fortune is a free town, an old mining settlement that some billionaire rednecks decided to claim as their own against all comers. The place is so heavily defended that they get left alone, attacking it would waste a lot of bodies or take a shit load of magic. Neither option appeals to the groups that surround the place so it's mostly left alone.

That changed a few months ago, suddenly they're under siege by a fuck pile of drones. Then a week ago some nasty ass beasts showed up.

Both groups look unguided but they still take a lot of heat to put down. Those crates behind us are filled with high end product made to destroy large groups of bodies and drones. We can't move much in as if we fly too much too often we'll get attention. Obviously both ourselves and the elders of Freedom want to avoid that. This honey pot is getting surrounded by too many bears and we're in danger of losing it completely.
She looks between the runners, ignoring Smith, Hernandez and the other guy.
Aysun wrote:So you're here to stop this shit cold. We had words with a few friends and your names popped up as did Hernandez's here. You'll get free seats on any of our ops and a basic of ten kay each, there's plenty of equipment where we're landing.

Find out what the fuck is going on and stop it by any means necessary. We'll be landing in fifteen, it'll likely be hot.
She then turns to Hernandez
Aysun wrote:You're here to protect the non-coms, the doc and mr nervous. I guess you have to protect the toy too, although I'm damned if I know how it got a seat on my ship. If you want to play kill the mutant with these guys I'll not stop you once the fare payers are safely into Fortune itself.
Lastly she turns to Smith, nervous guy and the toy.
Aysun wrote:If you weren't fully aware of the risks when you got your ticket then that's tough I'm afraid. You're getting a cut price ride and you'll not find an easier way of getting into this part of the country.
Aysun wrote:No time for questions, I've got to go fly this thing. We'll talk more when we land
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

Jasper wrote:Yippie-ka-yay.
deject
Berk
Berk

Post by deject »

An invasion eh? Sounds pretty dire if they're hiring mercs by the transport-load. Still, I haven't had much opportunity to face off with my katana recently. No risk no reward, am I right? I hope you guys are ready for a fight.
Alvrin spends the next 10 minutes checking his weapons, making doubly sure his Super Blackhawk is working well and the hold-out piece on his wrist slide is ready to go. After he's checked his guns Alvrin closes his eyes and appears to be meditating. He'll be working through his practice and training with the katana in his head, visualizing each swing and thrust.