Pete's third shadowrun adventure:Welcome to Fortune

For games played by men (and women) with beards, such as tabletop RPGs.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

deject
Berk
Berk

Post by deject »

Alvrin gives Hernandez a nod.
Thank you, lead away.
Roman Totale
Robotic Bumlord
Robotic Bumlord

Post by Roman Totale »

Smith wrote:Well then, I shall make my enquiries in Fortune. Lead the way.
Roman Totale
Robotic Bumlord
Robotic Bumlord

Post by Roman Totale »

Are we there yet?
Joose
Turret
Turret

Post by Joose »

Yeah, get on the plane, I want to say hello!
HereComesPete
Throbbing Cupcake
Throbbing Cupcake

Post by HereComesPete »

Sorry!

Following Hernandez to the plane you find yourself before a monstrous cargo lifter, inside is multiple storeys high and rammed full of boxes right up to the tail gate. There's a small passage amongst the crates, a few turns in and you're in a maze that stretches up to the interior arc lights high above.

Then suddenly you're out the maze and sitting on the deck is a blocky looking vtol. It's wings are quite stubby but it has thrust jets all over it.

It's rear ramp is down and standing on it is a thin human woman. She's got dark brown hair, mulatto skin, big almond shaped eyes and a small hooked nose. She's wearing a dark grey all in one covered in pockets with a strange lump on the back between the shoulders.
Aysun wrote:Hi, if you'd like to take your seats we take off shortly. Those of you who're here courtesy of anytime, I'll talk to you once we're in the air.
She walks up the ramp, beckons to you as she does then disappears inside the vtol.
Aysun wrote:Hernandez, there's folding seats on the opposite bulkhead, your gear has been stowed in the locker underneath number three. Might as well rest, it'll be busy when we land.
She then walks through the door into the cockpit.

Inside is a few crates, strapped into the centre of the steel grey deck. The faint scent of avigas and heavy oil drift through the bare interior. Low lights illuminate one wall with four skeletal fold up seats, underneath each one is a small locker welded to the deck, numbers are painted on the bottom of each seat.

A gentle rumble as the rear hatch of the lifter closes and then a similar drone of hydraulics as the smaller crafts ramp does the same. Through the bulkhead you feel the vibrating of the larger plane and hear the tremendous roar of the engines as they fire up one by one.
Aysun, over the tannoy wrote:Everyone grab a seat and buckle up, we take off in five.
Six reclining chairs are bolted facing inward along the wall facing the crew seats, they look out of place as if they've been torn from a passenger plane then bolted in. One already has the guy you saw in the lounge strapped in, he's staring at the seat next to him with his mouth slightly ajar.

This is because there's a small plush toy strapped in next to him, It's got bright orange fur and a shock of pink hair on it's head and tail. There's no real indication of how it got there but it is somehow showing the correct codes for having paid for the seat.
deject
Berk
Berk

Post by deject »

Alvrin straps into the nearest seat.
Pnut
Ninja
Ninja

Post by Pnut »

Hernadez will head towards the indicated seat, rumage in the storage box and pull out a bottle, take a swig then offer it around
Hernandez wrote:Anyone?
Last edited by Pnut on September 10th, 2010, 17:59, edited 1 time in total.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

Jasper seems reluctant but sits if cajoled, then fidgits.

He also tries to sense some ass:

Ass-sensing 3 + INT 4 = 7

5, 5, 1, 6, 1, 6, 3: 4 hits.
Joose
Turret
Turret

Post by Joose »

Toy wrote:I dont drink.
Pnut
Ninja
Ninja

Post by Pnut »

Hernadez wrote:Ay caramba! A talking toy!
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

I didn't see Pnut's post. Jasper will eagerly take a swig. Then belch. Then pull out a cigar.
Jasper wrote:Much 'preeshiated bra.
He looks blankly at Hernandez's exclamation.

EDIT: Turned into Shankley for a second there...
deject
Berk
Berk

Post by deject »

Alvrin will also take a swig.
Much obliged. I usually don't partake this early but why not.
Roman Totale
Robotic Bumlord
Robotic Bumlord

Post by Roman Totale »

Smith holds up his hand to abstain from the drink, then seats himself with his bag on his knees.
Smith to Toy wrote:Intriguing...
Joose
Turret
Turret

Post by Joose »

Toy, to Smith wrote:Are you?
Roman Totale
Robotic Bumlord
Robotic Bumlord

Post by Roman Totale »

Smith wrote:I myself am not. I hadn't expected this destination to be so popular with such a diversity of people. Very intriguing.
HereComesPete
Throbbing Cupcake
Throbbing Cupcake

Post by HereComesPete »

Plane taxis and takes off with the sudden lurch of weightlessness and gravity makes a grab for your stomach.
Aysun, over the tannoy wrote:Okay, we'll be in the main flyer for around half an hour then we'll drop out and hang a left. Roughly another half hour after that and we'll be on approach to Fortune.
fabyak
Home-made Big Daddy
Home-made Big Daddy

Post by fabyak »

Jon wrote:Shit, better sit my arse down I guess
Pnut
Ninja
Ninja

Post by Pnut »

Hernadez removes the rest of his kit from the storage box and buckles it all in to place.
Hernandez wrote:Might as well get my head down for an hour
With that he stretches out in his chair and closes his eyes
HereComesPete
Throbbing Cupcake
Throbbing Cupcake

Post by HereComesPete »

Whilst Hernandez tips forward his sombrero, the flight roars on.

Soon Aysun is heard over the tannoy again.
Aysun wrote:Okay, in the next few minutes we'll be leaving the mother ship behind, you will experience a few seconds of free fall and shortly after we will be running in stealth. Nothing to worry about, just precautions.
Soon afterwards there's a sickening lurch as the belly of the huge lifter opens and the whole craft plummets seemingly end over end then the jets kick in and gravity quickly loses the fight in a brutal bone shaking fashion.

Then with various creaks and groans the lights dim to a dull red and you lose signal to your com units. The gentle pressure of acceleration pushes you further into your seats as the journey continues at a faster pace.
deject
Berk
Berk

Post by deject »

You guys ever get used to that feeling like you're being sucked into your seat? It's been a while since I've done any really high acceleration stuff.