City of Heroes: Going Rogue

Massively Mongy Online gaming. Bum your way through the internet public.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Roman Totale
Robotic Bumlord
Robotic Bumlord

City of Heroes: Going Rogue

Post by Roman Totale »

So in a fit of nostalgia, I went and bought Going Rogue.

Then the problems occurred.

After buying it via Steam, I realised it automatically buys the EU version - and of course all our characters were on the American servers.

So, I went to log into my account to see if it can be transferred, and apparently my NCsoft account has been permanently blocked.

Auspicious start.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

Permanently blocked? Did you transfer rfom an EU account originally? I know they told me they'd permanently ban my EU account if I moved to US servers.
Roman Totale
Robotic Bumlord
Robotic Bumlord

Post by Roman Totale »

From memory, I started off on the US server anyway.

It would also appear that the Steam servers are too busy to install it in the first place. Oh well.
Roman Totale
Robotic Bumlord
Robotic Bumlord

Post by Roman Totale »

So, having a read around on the internet, it would appear that NCsoft have a bit of an issue on their hands at the moment.

Apparently there is a serious security flaw in the Master Account login page, in that it will randomly log you into someone else's account. This had resulted in hundreds off accounts being accessed and used by gold spammers and the like.

NCsoft don't seem to have done much about this. Their initial response was to blame the gaming community - saying it was their fault as they must have bought gold/rep/whatever off dodgy people.

Link below with the full story and several other links:

http://www.killtenrats.com/2010/01/01/h ... ty-issues/

I've not had a reply from NCsoft yet, but I think I'll be asking for my money back.