SR Bug hunt

For games played by men (and women) with beards, such as tabletop RPGs.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Joose
Turret
Turret

Post by Joose »

Other side of the door is a short corridor leading towards the back of the building. You have come into it at one end, on the side. Immediately to your left is the door through to the front of the building, to your right is another door, maybe 20 feet away. On the opposite wall from you are a series of small lockers, like in a changing room. Most of them are open.
Joose
Turret
Turret

Post by Joose »

Peeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.......
Roman Totale
Robotic Bumlord
Robotic Bumlord

Post by Roman Totale »

Chopper wrote:I'm going to knock on some doors and then some heads until we get an answer. I don't like being gassed.
HereComesPete
Throbbing Cupcake
Throbbing Cupcake

Post by HereComesPete »

Right we'll take the other door then.
Joose
Turret
Turret

Post by Joose »

Other side of the door are some concrete steps, heading down into a cellar area. There's a few storage crates, an industrial sized washing machine with a big dryer next to it, an old busted household maintenance drone, and a new but cheap Matrix node. Its an off the shelf job for running a building.
deject
Berk
Berk

Post by deject »

Is it safe to assume that I have arrived yet?
Joose
Turret
Turret

Post by Joose »

deject wrote:Is it safe to assume that I have arrived yet?
Weeeell...

oh, go on then. Technically, its unlikely you would be able to get there before the team has either finished or died. Unless they stop and wait for a bit. But for the sake of moving things along, sure, you have arrived.
deject
Berk
Berk

Post by deject »

I guess I could just go astral projection, surely then I could get there on time. I could do stuff sorta as well.
Joose
Turret
Turret

Post by Joose »

deject wrote:I guess I could just go astral projection, surely then I could get there on time. I could do stuff sorta as well.
This is true, if you go astral you will be there in seconds. Keep in mind though, if you do that you can only cast spells on astral space: ie spirits, mages and dual natured beings.
deject
Berk
Berk

Post by deject »

Joose wrote:
This is true, if you go astral you will be there in seconds. Keep in mind though, if you do that you can only cast spells on astral space: ie spirits, mages and dual natured beings.
Not even with Mana spells? I know the Astral Combat skill only works with astral forms.
Joose
Turret
Turret

Post by Joose »

deject wrote:Not even with Mana spells? I know the Astral Combat skill only works with astral forms.
Not even with mana spells. You are right that mana spells can be cast in astral space or physical space, whereas physical spells can only be cast in physical space. I think where you are getting mixed up is that targeting a spell and casting a spell are two different things. If you are in astral, you can only target things that are also in astral. If you are in physical, you can only target things that are also physical. Things that are dual natured (like ghouls, vampires, etc), spirits that are physically manifesting, and mages that are astrally perceiving are counted as being in astral and physical at the same time. p183 of the SR4A main rules.

Its mostly a game balancing thing, narf. Otherwise, you could wizz about in astral space pwning non-awakened dudes with complete immunity.
HereComesPete
Throbbing Cupcake
Throbbing Cupcake

Post by HereComesPete »

Joose wrote:Other side of the door are some concrete steps, heading down into a cellar area. There's a few storage crates, an industrial sized washing machine with a big dryer next to it, an old busted household maintenance drone, and a new but cheap Matrix node. Its an off the shelf job for running a building.
Okay, Frank knows what the fuck but I drew a blank as to actually standing in front of something that's basically a black box for a matrix node. Does it have any interaction bits? Can I combine Chopper and axe and use it on pissed guys face look at the buttons or AR or whatever and see what its up to or do I need to pull a call through to N-zo?
Joose
Turret
Turret

Post by Joose »

HereComesPete wrote:Does it have any interaction bits? Can I combine Chopper and axe and use it on pissed guys face look at the buttons or AR or whatever and see what its up to or do I need to pull a call through to N-zo?
Its got AR controls/display, as well as a little screen for people who cant use that. The only difference between the two is ease of use, they both do the same things.

Its been given the most basic of set-ups, its probably not had much done to it beyond plugging it all in. Security is practically non existent: although there are the normal wireless log in bits, there is no log in needed for controlling it direct. Its a standard home node, so it acts as a wireless access point to get on the matrix, as well as routing messages for the building as a whole, controlling heating, monitoring lights, door locks etc. The only thing of interest is that there is a video feed hooked up to it covering the lobby area, a video feed of the area you left piss pants in, and controls for the lockdown/gas system that tried to get Chopper. It looks like the video system was still being set up, as there are spaces for a few more feeds, but no video being sent through to them.
HereComesPete
Throbbing Cupcake
Throbbing Cupcake

Post by HereComesPete »

As it looks harmless enough I'll just have a look around.

Eyes - intuition 4 perception 3 cyber 3 actively looking 3 = 13 = 4 hits.

Ears - intuition 4 perception 3 cyber 3 actively looking 3 = 13 = 6 hits.
Joose
Turret
Turret

Post by Joose »

The washer and dryer (which are right next to each other, near the corner of the room) have deep, straight scratch marks in the floor next to them, on both sides. The scratches are parallel to the wall, and are about 6 foot long.

You can also hear something that sounds like running water, coming from below you. Sounds like its a fair distance away.
HereComesPete
Throbbing Cupcake
Throbbing Cupcake

Post by HereComesPete »

Frank wrote:Okay guys, game faces on. Looks like we've got some kind of hidden passage down here. Chopper and I will scout it, you guys run distraction if anyone shows up upstairs yeah? You might want to give pissy pants something narcotic too, keep him sleeping.
Frank will move over to the washer/dryer and have a look for any mechanical means of moving the machines, If not instead of dragging them he'll try and keep it quiet by picking them up and placing them down.

strength 6 body 7 - 13 - 6 hits

Then have a look at what's uncovered.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

Right, since the legit part of the building seems empty now the gruesome twosome have beaten everyone up I think we can safely push forwards. I'm going to slap a bit of the old face putty on and head in. I'll grab McPiss's jacket (hopefully doesn't have piss on it) and his commlink and go sit behind the counter pretending to be a receptionist.
Al wrote:Nice find. I'll bed in up top and try to turn any cutomers away.
4, 4: 0 hits.

Awesome, lets go.
The Shutting Downs
Ninja Pirate
Ninja Pirate

Post by The Shutting Downs »

His comlink is powder.
Roman Totale
Robotic Bumlord
Robotic Bumlord

Post by Roman Totale »

Chopper wrote:I could give him a dose of Axe - guaranteed not to wake up any time soon.

I think you'd best go first - those robot eye things of yours seem pretty good at spotting things.

Are you sure you're not using them to look through my clothes?
Joose
Turret
Turret

Post by Joose »

Deej has graciously allowed us to carry on without him, so we can finish this off over the weekend and post up the results. Yay! Shouldnt take too long to do face to face, there is not a lot left.

On the other hand, that does now mean I have to stat some stuff up that I so far hadnt got around to doing. By tomorrow. Balls.