Medal of Honour beta

Where we come together to shoot 5punk.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

spoodie
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Medal of Honour beta

Post by spoodie »

After a couple of rounds I'm quite impressed with this. Here are some things I like:
  • - It's more like a war game than the Halo-ised MW2.
    - You have to work with your team or you die.
    - The grenade launcher isn't suitable for n00b tubing, I tried.
    - The sniper rifle isn't particularly effective, the starting one at least.
    - You can become a forward position for your whole team to spawn on.
    - There's the usual rankings and unlocks.
    - All looks nice and detailed, but without destructibles.
    - I love the sound of my bullets echoing off the valley slopes, but that may be my soundcard.
So I'm happy with my pre-order for now. Anyone other than deject made the leap of faith?
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

Sounds similar to BACONS, but then that's not too surprising considering the MP is made by DICE using Frostnite. This is a Good Thing, I'm quite interested in MoH. More so than CODNEXT.
Mr. Johnson
Mr Flibbles
Mr Flibbles

Post by Mr. Johnson »

I'm waiting till I can actually afford it.
HereComesPete
Throbbing Cupcake
Throbbing Cupcake

Post by HereComesPete »

My interest was tweaked by this quite some time ago when I heard they weren't trotting out yet another update, but instead actually doing some serious work to both single and multi player.

I will look at it more however before committing however as I'm trying to cut down on extraneous purchases.
Dr. kitteny berk
Morbo
Morbo

Post by Dr. kitteny berk »

It is fun, mode I played was basically Bacon, only feels a lot more real.

Sound is good too.
spoodie
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by spoodie »

There's two modes/maps available in the beta. A straight forward team deathmatch in a town, exactly like modern warfare. The other mode is similar to rush from bacon, capturing points and move the map forward, or not as the case may be.

Now I've discovered the TDM mode I'm tempted to cancel my pre-order (if possible) as I find it very frustrating and lacking in variety.

The game is essentially just another Modern Warfare as far as I can tell.
deject
Berk
Berk

Post by deject »

spoodie wrote:There's two modes/maps available in the beta. A straight forward team deathmatch in a town, exactly like modern warfare. The other mode is similar to rush from bacon, capturing points and move the map forward, or not as the case may be.

Now I've discovered the TDM mode I'm tempted to cancel my pre-order (if possible) as I find it very frustrating and lacking in variety.

The game is essentially just another Modern Warfare as far as I can tell.
There is a definite mesh of MW and BC2 going on. There are no squads, but there are 3 types of soldier to choose from. Each one has unlockables. You get killstreak rewards like in MW, though I've only seen mortar & rocket strikes and a recon thing that shows the enemy on your radar. The shooting action is a lot more arcade-y than BC2. There is little felt recoil (as in your screen doesn't move) but it definitely uses the recoil cone of inaccuracy. I do like the objective based mode, it's a lot like Enemy Territory: Quake Wars in that you have a set of linear objectives to accomplish. I was only able to play for 45 minutes though. My biggest complaint is that the beta doesn't give any instruction and the controls in the menu aren't labeled very logically so figuring out how to use the mortar strike took too long.
Dr. kitteny berk
Morbo
Morbo

Post by Dr. kitteny berk »

deject wrote:figuring out how to use the mortar strike took too long.
I just hammered number keys until I got binoculars, then killed people.
deject
Berk
Berk

Post by deject »

Well I had hit 5 and 6 before and they had no effect, as I didn't have a mortar to trigger. It never occurred to me to try it once I had gotten one, until I spent a minute or so staring at the controls menu for anything that looked remotely related.