Wurm online

Massively Mongy Online gaming. Bum your way through the internet public.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Joose
Turret
Turret

Wurm online

Post by Joose »

Anyone interested in giving this a go? Basic idea is a bit like a cross between traditional MMO and dorf fortress: Its controlled like an MMO, but you can make massive changes to the world, up to and including building stuff, flattening land, mining tunnels, etc. Ive only given it a quick go, but first impressions are: its horrible to look at, but might be good for some 5punky fun. Im thinking introducing the silly collaborative building wierdness we had in minecrack, but on a grander scale.

Other plus point: its free. There is a paid for part, but thats pretty much only for higher end stuff, and realisticly I dont see us sticking with it for long enough for that to matter.

So, who is up for giving it a bash with me? Im sure the learning curve would be easier to get up with more people figuring things out.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

Anery and I had a shot at this a while back. We both gave it up pretty quickly because it's so painful and slow to play. Like you say though, might be fun with a few of us.
shot2bits
Zombie
Zombie

Post by shot2bits »

i played this a while ago for a couple of weeks, had a mate help me for a few days aswell, i successfully dug out a mine and started blacksmithing and had an underground water supply so i didnt have to keep running to the ocean to drink, i eventually managed to build myself a little house and started farming some foods and was preparing to make myself weapons and armor when i got sidetracked and ended up on a mountain being chased by lions and bear while trying to get to a random chest i'd found.

its got the capacity to be silly and fun with making man made mountain type things to build on and such, but as you say its very slow.

also the free to play aspect has changed it used to be that you played on the non pvp realm with p2p people aswell but with restrictions to all the levels at 20 (which can be acheived rather quickly except for the combat stuff mostly) but nowadays they have a seperate free to play realm, i played on that when it first came out and that was interesting as it was pretty much an empty landscape except a couple towers, i popped on again not long ago and it looks like theres a starting town and a bunch of player made structures surrounding it but with a bit of exploring and a group of people it should be easy enough to find somewhere to piss about in that not owned by someone else.

or get eaten by bears

oh yeah and id be up for this with some 5punkers. i think ill go have a looksie at downloading it now
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

PCG have a guild on the free realm doing quite well by all accounts.
shot2bits
Zombie
Zombie

Post by shot2bits »

i got an account made and whatnot, if anyones up for a muckabout on teamspack gimme a poke
friznit
Heavy
Heavy

Post by friznit »

Looks amusing. I'll pop on tonight after work, if I remember.
Joose
Turret
Turret

Post by Joose »

Dog Pants wrote:PCG have a guild on the free realm doing quite well by all accounts.
I think they have moved to the paid server now, actually.
shot2bits
Zombie
Zombie

Post by shot2bits »

it is pretty cheap to be fair, about half the price of a normal mmo sub, or the same price for a month with some ingame cash
shot2bits
Zombie
Zombie

Post by shot2bits »

also worth mentioning is there are unicorns, that can be tamed. iirc there are even giant unicorns if they get strong enough, that mightve just been the scorpions though
friznit
Heavy
Heavy

Post by friznit »

Did you play? I forgot, like I thought I would. Might still have a go this afternoon after I die in Eve quickly.
shot2bits
Zombie
Zombie

Post by shot2bits »

poke me if you do, i ended up playing majesty and failing at X3