Yay I finally have a PS3

Talk on any game/console that doesn't have its own forum, including browser-based games

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Woo Elephant Yeah
Heavy
Heavy

Yay I finally have a PS3

Post by Woo Elephant Yeah »

After 10 years service at my work, I was given £250 to spend on something, so low and behold I now have a shiny (all be it not as shiny, but a damn site smaller than the old one) new PS3.

I was wondering what PS3 exclusive titles I may have missed out on since the Consoles release. I already have Little Big Planet (which is awesome by the way) and Ratchet & Clank (I completed all of the previous titles on PS2 with Mrs Woo).

Is there anything else of note that I should be picking up in the bargain bin at Game?
Mr. Johnson
Mr Flibbles
Mr Flibbles

Post by Mr. Johnson »

The first uncharted is pretty good, and you should definitely get Brütal Legend if you like Tim Shafer games/heavy metal. that's not a bargain bin game yet though.
Last edited by Mr. Johnson on November 16th, 2009, 15:55, edited 1 time in total.
Stoat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stoat »

Brütal Legend and Arkham Asylum sound like good bets from recent releases. Can't help on the bargain side, unfortunately. Burnout Paradise, perhaps. The PC version's excellent, but the consoles have more DLC (spefficly, Big Surf Island).
amblin
Zombie Spanger
Zombie Spanger

Post by amblin »

Last edited by amblin on May 5th, 2014, 17:43, edited 1 time in total.
Woo Elephant Yeah
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Woo Elephant Yeah »

Thanks for that, I may pick up a copy of inFamous if I see one.

Just found out there is a new God Of War coming out for the PS3, so that's a must buy for me, as I loved the PSP one.
TezzRexx
Dr Zoidberg
Dr Zoidberg

Post by TezzRexx »

Ghostbusters, Burnout Paradise, Dead Space.

Killzone 2 is apparently pretty good if you like shooters on the console.
Imperatore
Shark
Shark

Post by Imperatore »

Uncharted 2, probably the best game I've ever played.

Edit: I've got the God Of War 3 demo and it's bloody awesome. Never played the other 2 but there is a re-release of the first two out soon with added shinyness.
3 is out in March along with FFXIII and the awesome Gran Turismo 5.
spoodie
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by spoodie »

TezzRexx wrote:Killzone 2 is apparently pretty good if you like shooters on the console.
I tried this the other day. The first 30 minutes were generic and boring. To be fair it didn't have much of a chance in the short time but it was dismissed. Exclusive PS3 shooters seem to be this way. Resistance is another example of a short lived experience for me. The sequel is supposed to be better though.

I can't think of any PS3 exclusives worth checking out other than what you already have. Unless Solid Snake and Gran Turismo are your thing.
Davius
Ferret
Ferret

Post by Davius »

Uncharted 2 definately not bargin bin, but if ever a game was worth shelling out for look no more!
Mr. Johnson
Mr Flibbles
Mr Flibbles

Post by Mr. Johnson »

Oh, I just remembered I have heavenly sword and Resistance fall of man, and since I don't really get along with either of them (heavenly sword is pretty but I'm not good at hack&slash, and resistance is a console shooter and is hard as fucking nails) you can have them both for the price of shipping, and if they're under a fiver you can have them for free.
If WEY doesn't want them the offer goes to any other bummer here that wants them.
Fred Woogle
Zombie
Zombie

Post by Fred Woogle »

Mr. Johnson wrote:The first uncharted is pretty good, and you should definitely get Brütal Legend if you like Tim Shafer games/heavy metal. that's not a bargain bin game yet though.
THIS!!!!!!!!!!
Fred Woogle
Zombie
Zombie

Post by Fred Woogle »

Mr. Johnson wrote:Oh, I just remembered I have heavenly sword and Resistance fall of man, and since I don't really get along with either of them (heavenly sword is pretty but I'm not good at hack&slash, and resistance is a console shooter and is hard as fucking nails) you can have them both for the price of shipping, and if they're under a fiver you can have them for free.
If WEY doesn't want them the offer goes to any other bummer here that wants them.
Heavenly Sword, Heavenly Sword for me please :D