Wars Of Guild 2

Massively Mongy Online gaming. Bum your way through the internet public.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Wars Of Guild 2

Post by Dog Pants »

Still very excited about this, and I'm looking at almost every class thinking I want to play one. I reckon I'm pretty settled on a Charr Necromancer, but I also love my GW Ranger (Moira Stewart and her psychotic flamingo pet, Ginger Spice), and I fancy playing a Norn for the hefty-chick-who-is-also-a-werewolf factor. Also recently indicated (on RPS I think) are the server wide 300 player PvP wars. That's pretty impressive.
Thompy
Shambler In Drag
Shambler In Drag

Post by Thompy »

The thing I find impressive is that for every "That's all very well and good, but..." question, they have an answer to make you go "Oh right. Cool.". Of course, you can't discount it just being talk and PR, and the last game I was hyped for that did the same thing (WAR) was a massive let down, but I'll just resort to :ignore: :boogie: at the moment though.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

WAR did have some really good aspects though. The PvP was extremely good, let down by the PvE.
Anery
Optimus Prime
Optimus Prime

Post by Anery »

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9V6Ckj6--Z0[/media]

And those annoying cunts at Yoggscast

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-YKm20rPQY[/media]
spoodie
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by spoodie »

Yogscast annoying? Even when Honeydew screeches "AWWWWW!" when he sees something cute? Surely not.

This does look rather good. A definitive purchase I think.
Sheriff Fatman
Optimus Prime
Optimus Prime

Post by Sheriff Fatman »

https://beta.guildwars2.com

In case anyone missed it.
Thompy
Shambler In Drag
Shambler In Drag

Post by Thompy »

Yep, woo! If you get an error just close and try again, I got it sent on the 4th try.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

I'm almost certain to buy this, so I'll wait for release so not to spoil it. Even though I am excited.
HereComesPete
Throbbing Cupcake
Throbbing Cupcake

Post by HereComesPete »

Signed up to this. Been unimpressed with mongs for a while now but after a bit of a read and watching a few videos I'm thinking this is going to be rather good.
Roman Totale
Robotic Bumlord
Robotic Bumlord

Post by Roman Totale »

Signed up also. Excited too - there haven't been any good ones recently. Can't even remember the last one I played. Rift maybe?
HereComesPete
Throbbing Cupcake
Throbbing Cupcake

Post by HereComesPete »

Rift it was. The pee squeezing horror of a full blown invasion kept that game alive just enough that the shitty on fire town with stupid mob placement and re-spawn times wasn't a total game kill. But the innovations and ideas it delivered where somewhat bewildering, the economy was shagged and the fail decision to place crafting stuff miles apart in non-mount areas meant I could only stomach so much.

I did like the class balance. So if someone could put the balance together with aoc graphics and environment, with a wow travel system, massive pve from war (including bastard gobbos and their green piss) and of course the invasion stuff from rifts then I would be happy. Although I would certainly want it in a faaabulous post-apocalyptic steampunk with magic and spandex setting.
Roman Totale
Robotic Bumlord
Robotic Bumlord

Post by Roman Totale »

Bloody gobbos!
Mr. Johnson
Mr Flibbles
Mr Flibbles

Post by Mr. Johnson »

I don't usually care about MMO's in the slightest bit, bit this is looking pretty good and it being without a monthly fee I'll probably get it.
As usual however, I will have zero imagination and play the big bearded viking barbarian I always play, and will probably never even make additional characters.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

You can in fact play a giant bearded viking barbarian, who also happens to be a were-gribbly.
Mr. Johnson
Mr Flibbles
Mr Flibbles

Post by Mr. Johnson »

None of the other races matter to me now.
Sheriff Fatman
Optimus Prime
Optimus Prime

Post by Sheriff Fatman »

Details trickling out. I'm almost allowing myself to get a little bit excited now ...

https://buy.guildwars2.com

Joose
Turret
Turret

Post by Joose »

Gods balls, £129? :shock:

PC Gamer have a big article about it in the latest issue, and it sounds rather excellent. They make a rather interesting point: a lot of the things that we now see as staples of the MMO genre are things that WoW introduced in an attempt to fix some of the problems with EQ. Apparently, GW2 isnt so much getting away from WoW as it is going back to those original EQ based problems and fixing them in a different way. The end result sounds a lot better way of doing things to me. The example they gave was the bit near the human starting zone that everyone is using as an example: angry gribblies are attacking a human settlement. You rock up at the settlement and see the gribblies attacking, so naturally you step in to help, fighting where needed. When you have fought off the attack, you get rewarded for your input. No fellas standing about with yellow punctuation hats, no Dickwolvesstyle monster quotas.

If it pulls this off well (and at the moment it looks like theres a good chance of that) then I feel like we will be saying "Why havent MMOs always been done this way?"
friznit
Heavy
Heavy

Post by friznit »

And if I stand back and watch the gribblies slaughter all the children? Do I still get credit for being an evil fuckhead who doesn't give a shit about children?
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

Well the monsters might appreciate it.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

Wait, the game is going to cost £50? That's a hard pill to swallow. I won't write it off completely like I do other games, because playing SWTOR would cost that for two months' play, but that's a precedent I don't like.