Wars Of Guild 2

Massively Mongy Online gaming. Bum your way through the internet public.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

HereComesPete
Throbbing Cupcake
Throbbing Cupcake

Re: Wars Of Guild 2

Post by HereComesPete »

What a bag of dicks. You try and help and they call you out for finger pointing which you patently didn't do. Fuck 'em!
buzzmong
Weighted Storage Cube
Weighted Storage Cube

Post by buzzmong »

Send them a letter!
FatherJack
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by FatherJack »

HereComesPete wrote:What a bag of dicks. You try and help and they call you out for finger pointing which you patently didn't do. Fuck 'em!
[twatbot startup initiation seqence...1...2..3] We note that you use mild profanity in your message {ref id="dicks"} and mention {ref id="finger pointing"} therefore you are subject to our draconian auto-forum-word-felcher-nazi-bot and can thank your lucky stars we haven't banned you forever already.

////!$%&^%$Error {you said "fuck"} >>>>>
You account is summarily suspended until ever.
% ^&%^....

!

I can't believe an actual human read that and came up with that response.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

An automated response is arguably worse, they just arbitrarily issue warnings based on keywords. Bear in mind that you're a paying customer, not a schoolchild. If I was so rude and unhelpful to one of my customers I would expect a complaint call to be lodged, and rightly so.
Joose
Turret
Turret

Post by Joose »

FatherJack wrote:I can't believe an actual human read that and came up with that response.
I can. The helpdesk I used to work in received some prime, grade A gibberish from the call centre that handled the first line side of things. Pay low motivated monkeys in peanuts and you get stinky poos thrown at you (or something). I'm willing to bet some cant-be-arsed moderator has skim read it, gone "ahh, he's just complaining about someone cheating, I can auto-respond to this instead of actually doing work" and hit the naughty button.
FatherJack
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by FatherJack »

Joose wrote:
FatherJack wrote:I can't believe an actual human read that and came up with that response.
I can. The helpdesk I used to work in received some prime, grade A gibberish from the call centre that handled the first line side of things. Pay low motivated monkeys in peanuts and you get stinky poos thrown at you (or something). I'm willing to bet some cant-be-arsed moderator has skim read it, gone "ahh, he's just complaining about someone cheating, I can auto-respond to this instead of actually doing work" and hit the naughty button.
I guess that's true, but there are plenty of other monkeys who would jump at the chance to receive some peanuts. Being complacent when you're on the lowest rungs isn't the greatest idea in this time where companies can't afford to bankroll employees who don't do their jobs.
Anery
Optimus Prime
Optimus Prime

Post by Anery »

Will be dunjuning this evening, I know Sheriff expressed interest and so did Pants - anyone else?

Citadel of Flame if we have the levels.
Anery
Optimus Prime
Optimus Prime

Post by Anery »

This is happening. It is an April fools but too much effort has gone into it for it to only last one day.
Ran one of the dungeons yesterday, don't do that and drugs.
In the outside world there are super mysterious boxes that spawn 2d mobs that are a massive pain unless you are ranged. I tried them on my guardian (chief faceroller of the guild of OP MMO archetypes) and struggled.
Dungeon's good fun though.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

GW2 seems to have gone a bit 8-bit.

That was the dungeon in Rata-Sum. The boss fights were good fun, and lots of light jumping puzzles. Not too hard. We (Anery, Anery's gf, two randoms and me) did four stages but I had to bail for bed time.
Anery
Optimus Prime
Optimus Prime

Post by Anery »

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lkz5MHPC-qM[/media]

Watching this I realise just how old and tired the mechanics for a shit ton of WoW raid bosses are.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

I really did enjoy that fight. It's not really hard once you work it out. In fact I think you could probably solo everything we did if you didn't need five people to open the pipe organ gates. Probably why they're there.
Anery
Optimus Prime
Optimus Prime

Post by Anery »

You don't need five people, somebody left shortly after you did and we managed to complete the bonus level with only three of us. The pipe organs only have the same number of keys lit as are still in the dungeon.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

So that was just a bonus level? I'd have carried on if I'd known but it looked like it was going on forever. My father-in-law was sleeping on the sofa last night though so I was keeping him up.
Anery
Optimus Prime
Optimus Prime

Post by Anery »

You made the right choice, took us about half an hour to work out what was happening. Involved crocodiles (hit them with a stick they go to sleep) turtles (hit them with a stick they roll over) collapsing bridges, ninjas and a wooden raft - with ninjas on it.
Anery
Optimus Prime
Optimus Prime

Post by Anery »

GW2 is having a freebie weekend. Chance to try it out for nowt if you havn't got it already.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

Guild wars has been a little retro recently. A little.. Blood Dragon.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eh2S9249h7U[/media]

So they've decided to make the game from the beginning of the video - Rytlock's Critter Rampage.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/pres ... page-game/
Anery
Optimus Prime
Optimus Prime

Post by Anery »

Dog Pants wrote:Guild wars has been a little retro recently. A little.. Blood Dragon.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eh2S9249h7U[/media]

So they've decided to make the game from the beginning of the video - Rytlock's Critter Rampage.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/pres ... page-game/

Made me remember how shit some of the games really were, way back when. That shield you see in the trailer is available in game until the end of the month, if anyone needs more *cough "baubles" let me know, I have some going spare as I don't really like the skins.
Wifeyberk
Mushroom
Mushroom

Post by Wifeyberk »

Anyone up for some dungeoning tomorrow? Hear ass colon is quite unpleasant.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

Always :wave:
Sheriff Fatman
Optimus Prime
Optimus Prime

Post by Sheriff Fatman »

I'm back up for the weekend so assuming I don't get stuck on the M1, I'll be around.