For talk on Movies, TV, Music & Books

Moderator: Forum Moderators

News Reader
Salmon Ninja Pirate Gayer
Salmon Ninja Pirate Gayer

Warcraft Movie Going Ahead, Raimi To Direct

Post by News Reader »

Image Warcraft Movie Going Ahead, Raimi To Direct
Sam Raimi is to make a Warcraft movie. So, everyone probably has an opinion on that. The maker of two good Spider-Man films and one astonishingly awful one, along with some of the greatest cult horrors of all time, he's obviously someone who can do both BIG and NICHE, which would seem appropriate for the [...]

Author: John Walker
Category: RockPaperShotgun sam raimi world of warcraft movie
Publish Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2009 09:30:26 +0000

Sam Raimi is to make a Warcraft movie. So, everyone probably has an opinion on that. The maker of two good Spider-Man films and one astonishingly awful one, along with some of the greatest cult horrors of all time, he's obviously someone who can do both BIG and NICHE, which would seem appropriate for the license. If indeed it's an appropriate license. You can read all the details of who's producing what over on GI.biz.

But rather than an explosion of hate over a) there being a WoW movie, b) people complaining there's going to be a Warcraft movie, and c) my saying Spider-Man 2 was good which it was, let's instead put that energy to good. Which is the game that you really believe should be made into a movie, who should make it, and who should star in it?

Posted by botherer. |
41 comments |
Donate or subscribe to RPS |
Post tags: sam raimi, world of warcraft movie

This article is from Rock, Paper, Shotgun. If you're reading it on any other website, they're stealing it from us without permission.

Image Image
Read more... - Read comments...

Source: Rock, Paper, Shotgun
Description: The PC Gaming site: it's a fun time.
Mr. Johnson
Mr Flibbles
Mr Flibbles

Post by Mr. Johnson »

:?
Grimmie
Master of Soviet Propaganda

Post by Grimmie »

I'd love to see a Blizzard CG movie.
But a single screen resolution rendering of their 2 minute game cinematics take weeks to render..
buzzmong
Weighted Storage Cube
Weighted Storage Cube

Post by buzzmong »

Warcraft film eh? It'll be a bit like LotR I think, at least in battle wise.
Grimmie

Post by Grimmie »

buzzmong wrote:Warcraft film eh? It'll be a bit like LotR I think, at least in battle wise.
I think they tend to go for the big 1 on 1 battles between super strong people rather than massive armies.
Having said that, I don't really know a lot of WC lore. I guess the undead armies will be fun to see.
HereComesPete
Throbbing Cupcake
Throbbing Cupcake

Post by HereComesPete »

The story is good but very complicated and in depth. It'll need more of a multi film saga experience like lotr to do it any justice really.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

buzzmong wrote:Warcraft film eh? It'll be a bit like LotR I think, at least in battle wise.
With more cows.
Sheriff Fatman
Optimus Prime
Optimus Prime

Post by Sheriff Fatman »

Dog Pants wrote:
With more cows.
It certainly going to be interesting to see how they do the various races. Anything less than LotR amounts of cash could mean this going all Boll[ocks].
Joose
Turret
Turret

Post by Joose »

Grimmie wrote: I think they tend to go for the big 1 on 1 battles between super strong people rather than massive armies.
Having said that, I don't really know a lot of WC lore. I guess the undead armies will be fun to see.

uuuh, you do know warcraft was originally an RTS, right? :lol:
Roman Totale
Robotic Bumlord
Robotic Bumlord

Post by Roman Totale »

Thank fuck, now I won't have to read all the back story to try and work out what the fuck is going on.
Lateralus
Dr Zoidberg
Dr Zoidberg

Post by Lateralus »

Wait, Warcraft has words? I just thought it had exclamation marks, a big rotating arrow, and question marks.
Sol
Ninja
Ninja

Post by Sol »

Will the first hour of it be someone killing X number of boars and completing other repetitive tasks? :lol:
spoodie
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by spoodie »

Sol wrote:Will the first hour of it be someone killing X number of boars and completing other repetitive tasks? :lol:
:lol:

It's bound to have a Leeroy Jenkins reference in there somewhere. And also be rubbish. Goes without saying, don't know why I did.
Dr. kitteny berk
Morbo
Morbo

Post by Dr. kitteny berk »

Sol wrote:Will the first hour of it be someone killing X number of boars and completing other repetitive tasks? :lol:
:lol:
Joose
Turret
Turret

Post by Joose »

I will be highly dissapointed unless there is, at some point, a group of horde in inappropriate dress running across in the background shouting "CHOOCHOO! chugachugachuga CHOOCHOO!"
Dr. kitteny berk
Morbo
Morbo

Post by Dr. kitteny berk »

Joose wrote:I will be highly dissapointed unless there is, at some point, a group of horde in inappropriate dress running across in the background shouting "CHOOCHOO! chugachugachuga CHOOCHOO!"
:above: :)
mischa.porter

Post by mischa.porter »

I'm a little apprehensive of him doing a Warcraft movie based on the game. But maybe he can give justice to it and maybe the movie can do better than Spiderman. I'm crossing my fingers.
Dentist Boca Raton Dental Delray Beach
HereComesPete
Throbbing Cupcake
Throbbing Cupcake

Post by HereComesPete »

Good deity, this key word auto spam is really rather good.
Grimmie

Post by Grimmie »

Joose wrote:uuuh, you do know warcraft was originally an RTS, right? :lol:
:? My point stands. I thought WoW/WC3 focused on hero battles in the storyline, rather than the whole my massive army is bigger than your massive army thing.
Baliame
Tremors Worm
Tremors Worm

Post by Baliame »

Grimmie wrote: :? My point stands. I thought WoW/WC3 focused on hero battles in the storyline, rather than the whole my massive army is bigger than your massive army thing.
WC2 did that as well to some extent. The whole lore is very character-focused.