Morbo

Post by Dr. kitteny berk »

pfft.

yup, plenty :)
HereComesPete
Throbbing Cupcake
Throbbing Cupcake

Post by HereComesPete »

I used to crank out maybe 250 a morning*, after sweeping the path, setting up the rotiserie and washing the bone bins, god that job sucked...
But not as much as working at a pork pie factory, that was REALLY shit.

*did possess a machine for the exact purpose of, so it wasn't taxing.

also, another tanget, I just remembered pushing some beef offcut through a mincer once and it got stuck, so I used a plastic pallet knife handle to get it through, someone got bits of white ptfe in their mince that day. :oops:
Last edited by HereComesPete on June 30th, 2007, 6:47, edited 1 time in total.
Dr. kitteny berk
Morbo
Morbo

out of interest, what cuts (and offcuts) did you use for the sossij?
HereComesPete
Throbbing Cupcake
Throbbing Cupcake

Post by HereComesPete »

Well, I made specialty ones, the tons of pork/cumberland/beef were produced in a machine the size of a car in a factory up the road, did it all, was quite scary, you could feed a person in and get long meat sausage if you wanted. Mine were venison, duck, buffalo ostrich etc, was dependent on animal venison is quite lean so belly could be used. But if you want a sausage made from piggy without much fat I would suggest cuts like loin or shoulder, loin costs the most but is the leanest, easiest thing to ask for in a loin subcut would be a pork steak, generally however, v good quality sausages use the shoulder because it has the best mix of flavour, fat and costs less, pork steaks are a bit overkill because the taste would be lost to some extent (just flatten steaks a bit into a medallion and fry it and serve with a bordelaise sauce)

/pork ramble.
Dr. kitteny berk
Morbo
Morbo

Hurrah, cheers sir :)

I was thinking shoulder, but the butcher doesn't keep it in :x (and I suspect he'll kill me if I make sausages again)

Ended up with leggy offcuts. wasn't too bad, apart from losing 1/4 of it to removing crap and tendons.
HereComesPete
Throbbing Cupcake
Throbbing Cupcake

Post by HereComesPete »

Another great tme I had in the butchers was when we got some dodgy frozen eastern european chickens for the local bakery (which is why I advise everyone to shun it) I was cleaning them out, gizzards etc, and cut my finger on the spine whilst wrist deep, lost 3 stone and shit and puked for about 2 weeks with severe chlostridium poisoning. Went to a beer festival as well, that was a bad idea. I got to the point where I couldnt decide which end to point at the throne, and I ended up puking in it whilst shitting on the floor! Great times, great times...
buzzmong
Weighted Storage Cube
Weighted Storage Cube

Post by buzzmong »

HereComesPete wrote:Another great tme I had in the butchers was when we got some dodgy frozen eastern european chickens for the local bakery (which is why I advise everyone to shun it) I was cleaning them out, gizzards etc, and cut my finger on the spine whilst wrist deep, lost 3 stone and shit and puked for about 2 weeks with severe chlostridium poisoning. Went to a beer festival as well, that was a bad idea. I got to the point where I couldnt decide which end to point at the throne, and I ended up puking in it whilst shitting on the floor! Great times, great times...

There are times when to talk, and times when to be quiet.

That was the latter. IN A FUCKING FOOD THREAD.
Dr. kitteny berk
Morbo
Morbo

buzzmong wrote:There are times when to talk, and times when to be quiet.

That was the latter. IN A FUCKING FOOD THREAD.

:lol:
Roman Totale
Robotic Bumlord
Robotic Bumlord

Post by Roman Totale »

I've just drunkenly been to an all you can eat Chinese buffet (the Vampire Slayer),

I've had: Duck, Chicken, Pork, Beef, Minced pork, Duck, Minced chicken, Duck, Duck, MInced Pork (with Chilleees), moar Duck, er, and stuff.

Oh god, I think I just ate the world.

:robo:

edit: I am now chewing on left over pizza from the night before.
Dr. kitteny berk
Morbo
Morbo

Roman Totale wrote:Oh god, I think I just ate the world.

Yet you'll be hungry in 5 minutes

Roman Totale wrote:edit: I am now chewing on left over pizza from the night before.

:lol:
HereComesPete
Throbbing Cupcake
Throbbing Cupcake

Post by HereComesPete »

ah monosodium glutamate, a friend to the chinese food outlets the world over. Get full, feel sick, get home, feel empty, eat more, consequently paying twice for your meal.
Roman Totale
Robotic Bumlord
Robotic Bumlord

Post by Roman Totale »

HereComesPete wrote:ah monosodium glutamate, a friend to the chinese food outlets the world over. Get full, feel sick, get home, feel empty, eat more, consequently paying twice for your meal.

Over consumption of it also gives you the symptoms of alcohol poisoning. As does over consumption of alcohol, strangely enough.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

Roman Totale wrote:
Over consumption of it also gives you the symptoms of alcohol poisoning. As does over consumption of alcohol, strangely enough.

I know that feeling this morning.

/hangover blog
Dr. kitteny berk
Morbo
Morbo

Another healthy recipe from Dr. Kitteny Berk :)

Heart Disease wrote:Onion Rings

Ingredients

Wet stuff

* 1 egg
* 1 cup milk

Dry stuff

* 1 cup all-purpose flour
* 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
* 1 1/2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
* 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
* 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
* 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
* 1/8 teaspoon cumin

Other stuff

* 1 Spanish onion
* Vegetable oil for frying

Method

Slice onion into rings.

Mix all of the dry stuff together.

Whisk the egg, add the milk. (add a bit of cayenne if you want more kick)

Dip the onion rings into eggs, then into flour. Repeat this process (do all of the rings, then do it again, don't do each ring twice to start)

Fry a few rings at a time until cooked (Golden brown), under a minute per batch of 3-4

Eat.

ProfHawking
Zombie
Zombie

Post by ProfHawking »

fried calamari rings > onion rings

but i must say, your spread looks tasty. I had kidneys & potatoes for dins. tastes okish but nil points for presentation.
HereComesPete
Throbbing Cupcake
Throbbing Cupcake

Post by HereComesPete »

If you use a bit of beer and some flour, mixed with herbs, pepper etc, you got yourself a nice beer batter, extra tasty! Doesn't work as well with lager, no difference technically, purely because it doesn't taste as nice.
Lateralus
Dr Zoidberg
Dr Zoidberg

Post by Lateralus »

Are those onion rings deep-fry only? Thinking they might do well as a side dish to those ribs, but only if I can shallow-fry them.
Dr. kitteny berk
Morbo
Morbo

you might get away with deep-ish shallow frying, never tried though (as deep frying is the right tool for the job)
HereComesPete
Throbbing Cupcake
Throbbing Cupcake

Post by HereComesPete »

The coating the berk suggests would shallow fry, but it would also leave loads of crap on the bottom of your pan unless you manage to get oil amount/heat levels right, so be prepared to scrub a bit the first few times!
thewombleofdeath
Polar Bear
Polar Bear

Post by thewombleofdeath »

am i allowed to post CAEK or similar recipes on this thread since my life pretty much revolves around unhealthy food (but for some reason im a skinny shit :? )?