Brum Bash V

Forum for organising the next LAN event

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Lateralus
Dr Zoidberg
Dr Zoidberg

Post by Lateralus »

Yeah, I'll be a late arrival on the Friday. For sat lunch, I vote pub, especially if it's sunny. However, the pub needs a beer garden, and preferable a large playground and some chalk too. :)
Hehulk
KHAAAN!
KHAAAN!

Post by Hehulk »

What was that place we ended up at at grimbash 3, towards the end of the night? I remeber there being a playground and a wall someone drew robo on in chalk and such.

Doing what we did in the middle of the day though, we might draw more looks than we'd like :lol:
Grimmie
Master of Soviet Propaganda

Post by Grimmie »

Yeah, St. Bernard's grange is near, and although not the nicest establishment, cheap and has a decent sized garden-thing.
TezzRexx
Dr Zoidberg
Dr Zoidberg

Post by TezzRexx »

I'll bring the chawlk!
Mr. Johnson
Mr Flibbles
Mr Flibbles

Post by Mr. Johnson »

Is it this one?
I hope it is, it has a fucking bubblebath!

EDIT: it's the one we always go to. Silly Johnson.
Grimmie

Post by Grimmie »

Aye, that big building we defaced was the kids ball-pit thing.
Wish we could hire it out for 5punkers, but I think we'd end up breaking it, or ourselves.
Hehulk
KHAAAN!
KHAAAN!

Post by Hehulk »

Just had a though that gave me pause.

This job I went for yesterday, when I get it on tuesday/wednesday, it's going to envolving working just about every friday and saturday night from now until I leave, which is going to really fuck with attending grimbash.

Arse cheese, I'm in two minds about how awesome this job is now.
Grimmie

Post by Grimmie »

Earning monies > Bashage

On thinking about pubs for Saturday, I am tempted to corral you all into the City Centre to find somewhere nice to drink/eat.
I could also steer you all to the local nerd shops (comics, cult collectibles etc) if that floats your collective boats?
punkchuck
Shark
Shark

Post by punkchuck »

Hehulk wrote:Just had a though that gave me pause.

This job I went for yesterday, when I get it on tuesday/wednesday, it's going to envolving working just about every friday and saturday night from now until I leave, which is going to really fuck with attending grimbash.

Arse cheese, I'm in two minds about how awesome this job is now.
Can you tell them you had this one prescheduled commitment? Hopefully they are cool about it.
Mr. Johnson
Mr Flibbles
Mr Flibbles

Post by Mr. Johnson »

Grimmie wrote:Earning monies > Bashage

On thinking about pubs for Saturday, I am tempted to corral you all into the City Centre to find somewhere nice to drink/eat.
I could also steer you all to the local nerd shops (comics, cult collectibles etc) if that floats your collective boats?
I'd like me some of that, but I'd probably end up spending money on things I don't need as usual.
HereComesPete
Throbbing Cupcake
Throbbing Cupcake

Post by HereComesPete »

punkchuck wrote:
Can you tell them you had this one prescheduled commitment? Hopefully they are cool about it.
If you get another interview/the job then tell the manager straight away that on those dates you have summat important to attend (even if you bullshit and say wedding or whatever) he has to honour that.

Also - if you work weekends and fancy Sundays off then claim it as a religious day, get a letter from a priest/vicar/imam/rabbi/houngan/deity supporting that and your employer can't make you work! I do think atheists should also be allowed to claim this as a day of religious denial and take it off, discrimination not to!
Grimmie

Post by Grimmie »

"I need this day off to mock religious people."
Hehulk
KHAAAN!
KHAAAN!

Post by Hehulk »

:lol:

Duely noted, cheers, but then it becomes another interesting choice of download festival (£170 of ticket :cry: ) or Grimbash, because they're one weekend after the other. They were pretty insistant about the whole work friday and saturday night as the mainstay of my terms of employment should I get an offer though.
Grimmie

Post by Grimmie »

If the worst comes to the worst, you can always drift back to Grimbash after your shift.
Not as if any of us will be going to bed early..
Hehulk
KHAAAN!
KHAAAN!

Post by Hehulk »

If I get unlucky that week, my shift finishes at 7am :P

Ah well, wait and see I guess.
mrbobbins
Robotic Despot
Robotic Despot

Post by mrbobbins »

HereComesPete wrote:
If you get another interview/the job then tell the manager straight away that on those dates you have summat important to attend (even if you bullshit and say wedding or whatever) he has to honour that.
I'd wait until after you get the job, if someone else comes in to interview and has no request for time off within weeks of starting they're more likely to ge the job.

It doesn't seem like a particuarly desirable quality to request time off during your interview.
Hehulk
KHAAAN!
KHAAAN!

Post by Hehulk »

I won't get a second interview now anyway, although when I do get the job I'll mention both the first chance I get. Previous committments etc.
Grimmie

Post by Grimmie »

I've had an interviewer ask if I had any pre-booked holidays in my previous job. If they prompt you, say so.

BOBBINS WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE YOU'RE NOT ALLOWED IN THE LAN SECTION.
DESERTER! DESERTER! DESERTER!

No just kidding, ditch the wedding. Who even cares about family.
Come to bash. Come to baaa~aaaassshh. I'll build a fondant-fancy mountain if you doooo.
buzzmong
Weighted Storage Cube
Weighted Storage Cube

Post by buzzmong »

I've done the whole pre-booked holiday thing before, personally I find it's best to mention it as soon as is resonable, but promise you'll do extra shifts on other days so any staff that cover can get their time off, or promise that outside of emergencies you'll not have any more time off. Most managers are much more likely to be happier with that than just saying "I'm booked" as it shows you know you're being a pain in the arse.
Grimmie

Post by Grimmie »

More importantly, Tandino, Anham. There are two spaces free.
Prof, Ty, Johnson - How are you getting to Booorrrmingham?