Hello 5punkers, how is it hanging?

News and important info, general banter, and suggestions for 5punk

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Woo Elephant Yeah
Heavy
Heavy

Hello 5punkers, how is it hanging?

Post by Woo Elephant Yeah »

Been an absolute age since I've been on here, and thought I'd pop by and see how you all were.

Any news in the world of 5punk? Is everybody still playing COD4?

I've been playing COD4 a little bit on the 360, however I seem to be absolutely hooked on Halo 3.

I haven't played a game this much since COD:UO, and I think it's probably the most balanced FPS I have ever played.
The ranking system is brilliant as it seems to "more often than not" match you with players of the same level so they are usually quite close matches.

The maps are so well tested and balanced that no single spot can be dominated and protected forever (much in the same way TF2 maps always have alternate routes).

If anyone fancies a game of Halo 3 then I am on most nights from 10pm, it would be good to catch up with some of you.
Unfortunately my gaming pc is now collecting dust in the attic, so no TF2 or COD:UO for me any more.

I suppose the biggest thing was moving across to a controller which I still curse about at times, but it doesn't detract from the games in any way, and sometimes is an actual improvement when it comes to games that require lots of buttons (always struggled to remember all the keys).

Hope things are well with you all, shame there aren't enough PC games coming out at the moment, must be a struggle to keep everyone interested at the moment.

Woo (console whore halo fanboy) Elephant Yeah
Lateralus
Dr Zoidberg
Dr Zoidberg

Post by Lateralus »

WELLYPHANT! :wave: How's tricks?

After a very busy few weeks and a more than mild infatuation with GTA:IV on the 360, I'm now trying to get back into PC gaming again. However, I need to beat TS with a large stick to make it work properly this weekend. I have a borrowed copy of Halo 3 lying around somewhere, so if I get an Xbox Live subscription sorted out I'll certainly come get thoroughly beaten by you.

The current lack of new PC games looks likely to be converted into an overwhelming number of new shinys in the autumn, so it'll have to be a case of prioritising!
Baliame
Tremors Worm
Tremors Worm

Post by Baliame »

Good to see you're still alive. I thought you played your console so much that you found you entered an irreversible state of rigor mortis.

Aaaanyway, yeah, autumn is going to be busy with about 7 anticipated games coming out in 3 months.
cheeseandham
Shambler In Drag
Shambler In Drag

Post by cheeseandham »

Hey woo,
might take you up with halo one night, as I too am a console whore.
however I am stuck on geometry wars evolved 2 between looking after cheese-sprog, so may be a couple of weeks :)
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

Hello Wellyperson! :wave:
Dr. kitteny berk
Morbo
Morbo

Post by Dr. kitteny berk »

:wave:

It's not that difficult to keep people interested, 2 flavours of cod + some other crap seems to be working nicely
deject
Berk
Berk

Post by deject »

OMG HAI 2 U BBQ :wronghole:
HereComesPete
Throbbing Cupcake
Throbbing Cupcake

Post by HereComesPete »

:wave: Herro! Hope things are good in the land of woo.

I found without a high def tv that halol destroyed my eyes and brain, but not in a good way like ut does.

If at some point a high def tv is purchased and I can get time in front of it I will probably renew my live sub and smash you all at halo.

Halo 2 is still a better game though.
FatherJack
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by FatherJack »

I can't hit shit with a console controller and I don't really want to put in the hours when there's just no need. More singleplayer shooty things on consoles have an auto-aim and most multiplayer things seem to have only horrid people playing them.
Hehulk
KHAAAN!
KHAAAN!

Post by Hehulk »

:wave: WEY

Everyone is going a bit far, I (still) don't own it. Or OU, or pretty much all the other games you mentioned. Mainly because it's a choice of going out on the lash, or buying a game.

mnnngh, hangover, need bacons :(
Roman Totale
Robotic Bumlord
Robotic Bumlord

Post by Roman Totale »

Woo!

How art thou good sir? CoD:UO and CoD 4 still have a good following. With the latter game we seem to be stalked everywhere we go by some strange duck fetishist (we need a duck smiley).

Do you still play Shartak? I still play quite regularly with two dedicated characters (plus a newly created cannibal). 5punk as a whole no longer do things as a group in game, but to be honest I still enjoy it and the meta-gaming is pretty fun.
Lateralus
Dr Zoidberg
Dr Zoidberg

Post by Lateralus »

Roman Totale wrote:With the latter game we seem to be stalked everywhere we go by some strange duck fetishist (we need a duck smiley).
A duckie?
Sol
Ninja
Ninja

Post by Sol »

Ee up WEY, glad to hear you're still alive :w00t:
FatherJack
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by FatherJack »

buzzmong
Weighted Storage Cube
Weighted Storage Cube

Post by buzzmong »

Curse that Elvis Duck :shakefist:

Loes WEY :wave:
ProfHawking
Zombie
Zombie

Post by ProfHawking »

howdy partner, long time no see! :wave:
TezzRexx
Dr Zoidberg
Dr Zoidberg

Post by TezzRexx »

FatherJack wrote:Image
awesome :D
mrbobbins
Robotic Despot
Robotic Despot

Post by mrbobbins »

singing...

"Woooooooo, Elephant, Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah"
Woo Elephant Yeah
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Woo Elephant Yeah »

Well I own COD4, Halo 3, TF2 if anyone fancies a game online at some point.

Roman - yep still play Shartak a lot with my 3 characters, although it is beginning to bore me after maxing out the characters, and creating trails is rather boring narf.

I'm glad COD:UO still lives on, it's the one game that I really miss more than others. Not sure my on board graphics card would cope with it though :lol:
Lexy
Mushroom
Mushroom

Post by Lexy »

Hiyas,

I don't play shartak any more/the CP is gone. Maybe cos you kicked me out of the 5punk group :P

No not really, just keep getting new work and stuff to do. Life is pretty awesome.

Anyone else find that multiplayer COD4 on 360 is easier than PC?