Berk
Berk

Post by deject »

He's a war hero, born in space!
HereComesPete
Throbbing Cupcake
Throbbing Cupcake

Post by HereComesPete »

Looks more like Simon Weston has been gene spliced with an ape.
Akiakaiu
Shambler In Drag
Shambler In Drag

Post by Akiakaiu »

Weee, just beat the game last night. I think I was around 40 hours play time, but I think I did everything one can do in the game. Was very fun and different for me since I've mainly played jrpgs. I guess I should look into KotOR now if the play styles are the same.
HereComesPete
Throbbing Cupcake
Throbbing Cupcake

Post by HereComesPete »

KoTOR is betterer. 2nd one wasn't quite so good in so far as the ending was a bit of a let down, and by bit I mean massive. But the first one is the best star wars game in years (excluding lego star wars) it's well worth a look.
FatherJack
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by FatherJack »

Dog Pants wrote:Also, kudos on such an ugly, grizzled looking Shepard.

:above: Except that he's wearing Ashley's pink armour.
Killavodka
Cheese Lord
Cheese Lord

Post by Killavodka »

FatherJack wrote: :above: Except that he's wearing Ashley's pink armour.

Phoenix [Insert Roman numeral here]
Ok until you get better, my general rule is if it has got a camouflage colour scheme it's good :lol:
deject
Berk
Berk

Post by deject »

Well, I was using that because I put the better armor on Liara, because my class has a skill (which I maxed out) that gives huge shield bonuses. I could put the starting armor on him and have the max shielding. Thus I put on something that has better Biotic/Tech protection.
Anery
Optimus Prime
Optimus Prime

Post by Anery »

Stoat wrote:I tend to do the opposite in most games, to the point where I won't use an item because I might need it later.

:above: this

I tend to go with the human female and the Quahog bint cos they are eye candy, I can handle anything on my own! bah! quick save extreme!
Also this game has already stolen my life. Only got it yesterday.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

Anery wrote: Also this game has already stolen my life. Only got it yesterday.

Lies, you never had a life.
Akiakaiu
Shambler In Drag
Shambler In Drag

Post by Akiakaiu »

@ ~70+ hours now, 3rd time through. Games is too fun, now to go bang Ashy.
Sheriff Fatman
Optimus Prime
Optimus Prime

Post by Sheriff Fatman »

Akiakaiu wrote:@ ~70+ hours now, 3rd time through. Games is too fun, now to go bang Ashy.

She reminds me of Denise Richards in Starship Troopers.

This is not a bad thing.

Edit: I'll add that after a few hours of smashing my head against the console wall of stupidity, that this will be the last console port I ever waste my money on.

Anyone want a copy of Mass Effect?
Mr. Johnson
Mr Flibbles
Mr Flibbles

Post by Mr. Johnson »

i might take it off your hands, how much?
Shada
Shambler
Shambler

Post by Shada »

Sheriff Fatman wrote:Edit: I'll add that after a few hours of smashing my head against the console wall of stupidity, that this will be the last console port I ever waste my money on.

What. Mass Effect is the least consolitis-ridden console port I've ever played. What made you hate it? :(
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

Sheriff Fatman wrote:Edit: I'll add that after a few hours of smashing my head against the console wall of stupidity, that this will be the last console port I ever waste my money on.

How's that? Apart from the cover thing (which hasn't bothered me) I don't know of any port related problems.
deject
Berk
Berk

Post by deject »

Oh Sheriff you fail. The only part of the game that had any hint of the console roots is the buy/sell screen, which I admit is rubbish, but the amount of polish that went into the rest of the interface is astounding.

:faint:
spoodie
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by spoodie »

From what I saw of the screenies the PC version looked better than the 360, in terms of screen real estate usage. Like Oblivion but with all the mods that made better use of the screen already installed by default.

And it was workable on the console anyway.
Sheriff Fatman
Optimus Prime
Optimus Prime

Post by Sheriff Fatman »

It's a console port. From the first moment I started the game it was glaringly obvious. I'll hold my hands up as a PC snob, but the entire interface, quest system, map and anything else was shit; it's cluncky, counter-intuitive and far too much like hard work.

I just got bored.
deject
Berk
Berk

Post by deject »

Sheriff Fatman wrote:It's a console port. From the first moment I started the game it was glaringly obvious. I'll hold my hands up as a PC snob, but the entire interface, quest system, map and anything else was shit; it's cluncky, counter-intuitive and far too much like hard work.

I just got bored.

I guess I just don't see how the quest system was clunky or counter-intuitive. There's a list of things and you click on them. That's all there is to it.

I bet you didn't like KotOR either then did you?
Sheriff Fatman
Optimus Prime
Optimus Prime

Post by Sheriff Fatman »

I'm a big fan of KoToR, and Baldur's Gate, but this game is just hard work. The map and inventory are rubbish. There is far too much pissing around in the inventory to get to where you want to be and the map has been utterly useless, so far.

Meh, as I said: PC snob.
Shada
Shambler
Shambler

Post by Shada »

Sheriff Fatman wrote:It's a console port.

Haha.

Try playing Resident Evil 4 for PC. No mouse support, horribly pre-rendered cutscenes directly taken from the PS2 version, low resolution fonts and textures, quick time events that tell you press "Buttons 3 + 4" but don't tell you that "Buttons 3 + 4" are left + right shift.

Or, how about Metal Gear Solid: Substance. Same lo-res stuff and lack of mouse support, only the game is actually unable to render textures on most graphics cards. Also it takes more key presses than it is possible to press on a keyboard to actually aim and fire at someone.

THOSE are shoddy console ports. Mass Effect was just a game you started playing thinking "I BET THIS IS A SHIT CONSOLE PORT" and then wrapped up all your opinions of the game based on that alone :P
Last edited by Shada on July 2nd, 2008, 0:42, edited 1 time in total.