The Second Forumised Shadowrun Adventure

For games played by men (and women) with beards, such as tabletop RPGs.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Roman Totale
Robotic Bumlord
Robotic Bumlord

Post by Roman Totale »

Chopper follows Leland out.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

Al follows Chopper out.
The Shutting Downs
Ninja Pirate
Ninja Pirate

Post by The Shutting Downs »

Benny Hill theme tune starts up...
Joose
Turret
Turret

Post by Joose »

The Shutting Downs wrote:Benny Hill theme tune starts up...
:lol:

Off to the mage then. He lives in the basement of a small apartment block in the Barrens. Its reasonably nice, for the Barrens, but that's not saying much. Normal for the Barrens is borderline wasteland.

You knock at the door (theres no bell or intercom or anything), and it creaks open to a dark corridor. The air in front of you sprouts a ghostly face.
Ghostly Face wrote:Yeeeeeeeeees?
Roman Totale
Robotic Bumlord
Robotic Bumlord

Post by Roman Totale »

Chopper wrote:C'mon, knock it off with the smoke and mirrors show already - we've had a long day. We've a couple of mutual friends who said you might be able to check us out disease-wise.
Joose
Turret
Turret

Post by Joose »

Ghostly Face wrote:Ah, business people. Come through, I will call for sir
He says "business" like its a rude word. A hand materialised underneath the face and gestures into the apartment, then both vanish.

The inside is dark and dingy. Looks like the owner once was used to quite a bit of money, as some of the furniture is quite nice, and there is a couple of fancy looking hangings on the walls. However, if there was any money here before, its long gone, as the place is now a bit tatty and dusty.

After a moment, a tall man walks through from the back. He looks kinda like the apartment: he must have been quite impressive looking once, but now his hair is getting a bit long, his goatee has grey in and his expensive looking suit is a bit elderly.

He stops for a moment, and looks you all over. He gestures, first at the others, then at Chopper.
Mage man wrote:You three are clean. *You* need attention. The Krieger strain of HMHVV if I am not mistaken. Hmm, and possibly carrier for another strain too. Interesting. I presume you come here because you don't want to end the week eating your friends. The fee will be 3000 nuyen, though I would be willing to do it at cost in return for a sample of your blood, so I can study the strain.
No messing about with this guy then.
deject
Berk
Berk

Post by deject »

Leland wrote:I say give him the blood Chopper, three grand is a big chunk of money.
Roman Totale
Robotic Bumlord
Robotic Bumlord

Post by Roman Totale »

Chopper wrote:Sure, take a sample - I'd like to know what this other strain is though.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

I always thought there was something odd about Chopper.
deject
Berk
Berk

Post by deject »

I don't know Chopper's backstory, but didn't he have some sort of run-in with ghouls before? Could it be possible that he's been some sort of carrier of a weird strain all this time?
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

Explains a lot.
Copper wrote:I ain't gettin wit no strain, foo!
Roman Totale
Robotic Bumlord
Robotic Bumlord

Post by Roman Totale »

I hunger for mage brains! Graahghgghagharowrl!
Joose
Turret
Turret

Post by Joose »

Mage Man wrote:It appears to be the type 2 strain, Ghilani Moneriviridae. Had a run in with a Loup-Garou? Bandersnatch maybe?
As he is talking he takes a sample of your blood using a syringe fresh from its sterilised packaging. Weirdly modern looking, compared to the rest of the place. He appears to place it in mid-air, and it wobbles off into a back room.
Mage Man wrote:This will only take a moment.
He stares at you intently, and the room around you darkens. A circle made of brass, inlaid into the floor and un-noticed till now, glows. It starts a dull red, then goes to a bright white, with sickly green flashes. Strange and disturbing shapes form in the air from green smoke. The Mage thrusts his hands outwards, and there is a sound like thousands of distant screams. Over his shoulders you see a shape forming slightly in the air, and something about it makes you glad you cant see it properly. the Mage starts screaming inhuman sounds, spit flying everywhere. The shape behind him reaches towards you, through the Mage, clawlike hands grasping at you.

There's a feeling like something has just been torn from you, and all the weird effects abruptly cut out. The room is back as it was before, and the mage is standing in front of you, calmly wiping his mouth on a silk hankie.

Leland, although you didn't have time to go astral, you still get the feeling that there was some serious mojo thrown about there.
Mage Man wrote:That will be 200 nuyen to cover my costs. You may transfer the money to this account. Good day gentlemen.
He passes you a small card with the details of an account printed on it, and the name Dr Stephen Sanders. Without saying anything else, he stalks off into the back.

The floating face comes back, and directs you to the door.

Job done. Go home guys, runs over, nothing to see here.

Ill work out Karma allocation for you all tomorrow. Hurrah!

EDIT: 6247 hours. That's got to be a record for a single run.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

:w00t:

Next kthx
Roman Totale
Robotic Bumlord
Robotic Bumlord

Post by Roman Totale »

Woo yeah!

Any feedback from the run? Things we missed, other possible outcomes?
The Shutting Downs
Ninja Pirate
Ninja Pirate

Roman Totale wrote:Woo yeah!

:above: :spidey:
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

Roman Totale wrote:Woo yeah!

Missed movie references?

I saw:
Aliens
Predator
Resident Evil
Joose
Turret
Turret

Post by Joose »

Dog Pants wrote:
Missed movie references?

I saw:
Aliens
Predator
Resident Evil
All correct, there were a couple of others, but they may yet come out. And besides, they would give away potential future plot points.
Roman Totale wrote:Any feedback from the run? Things we missed, other possible outcomes?
hmm, feedback:

Take more time to do legwork before missions. If you had asked some of the locals a few questions, you might have found clues to what was in there (ie, an augmented Bandersnatch) before you went in. You have no clue who your Mr Johnson really is (beyond a reasonably pleasant russian gentlemen), and knowing who you are working for and the implications of that can be very important in SR.

Negotiate more. People say something will cost x nuyen, and you just pay up. People say they will pay you x nuyen, and you go "ok then!"

The only other thing is your suspicion levels. You guys seem to either trust people implicitly or think they are trying to steal all your stuff and murderise you. Most people you work for/with are *not* out to totally fuck you over (although they are going to get what they can out of you, they are only human). In SR, reputation is everything: if a johnson got all of his teams killed, they would stop getting people offering their services. *However*, occasionally you will run into people who appear fine, but are actually trying to steal all your stuff and murderise you.

Basically, presume that people are on the level, but check them out too, just in case they are not.

Other than that, you did pretty well, all told. Everyone lived, no-one got *seriously* injured, and it was all quite entertaining.

You did miss a small family of ghouls whose intelligence remained intact. They had been living on the floor you didn't go to, and had been using the other ghouls as kinda guard dog things. However, they ran away when shit started exploding.

Also, you missed some opportunities to steal some stuff, but frankly that would have been risky.

The only other possible outcome, really, was you all becoming ghoul poo, or accidentally burying yourself.

There are a few other things that you didn't uncover, but im going to tie those in to future runs. Its all connected, you know!
The Shutting Downs
Ninja Pirate
Ninja Pirate

Joose wrote:There are a few other things that you didn't uncover, but im going to tie those in to future runs. Its all connected, you know!
Be scared, you havn't heard him evilly giggling to himself at work as he plots... :mrh?:
Roman Totale
Robotic Bumlord
Robotic Bumlord

Post by Roman Totale »

The Shutting Downs wrote:
Be scared, you havn't heard him evilly giggling to himself at work as he plots... :mrh?:
Ooh I can just imagine - Joose you swine! :shakefist: