The Second Forumised Shadowrun Adventure

For games played by men (and women) with beards, such as tabletop RPGs.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

Bah. The people bit is where I come in and I completely neglected it. To be honest I'd put myself into the mindset that this was going to be the Shadowrun equivalent of Doom, so I just dug in and prepared to attempt to survive the thing.
fabyak
Home-made Big Daddy
Home-made Big Daddy

Post by fabyak »

Do you have a link to a majik sheet of new character creations for those of us joining next time? :)
Very good run and makes for very good reading!
The Shutting Downs
Ninja Pirate
Ninja Pirate

Post by The Shutting Downs »

The best sugestion is to try and find a copy of the SR 4th ed rule book, as making a crib sheet for character creation would take a while...
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

Isn't it all in the Wiki? I know Joose has an excel doc that does all the maths and stuff, and I have an excel character sheet that looks the part (I think Joose has a copy of that) and has all the right bits and bobs.
The Shutting Downs
Ninja Pirate
Ninja Pirate

Post by The Shutting Downs »

The excel sheet is good, but there is still stuff on there you need more than just the sheet for.

Equipment, cyber and bioware, knowledge skills.

If you see me on X-fire, and Joose is busy, I'm happy to help out on creation if needed, as long as you bear ith me whilst i switch my brain from 2nd ed to 4th
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

Ahhh, I see. I thought you meant a sheet to use with the book to make life easier. It'd be virtually impossible to create a document that would do everythign for you, there's just too many variables. Even so, with the excel thing and the guide on the wiki it shouldn't be too difficult. Besides, creating your character is fun!

http://www.5punk.co.uk/wiki/index.php?t ... r_Creation

Also, I just read the bit on downtime in the Wiki and would suggest the other players do too if they haven't already. It'll make the time before the next run easier.
HereComesPete
Throbbing Cupcake
Throbbing Cupcake

Post by HereComesPete »

Roman Totale wrote:
Ooh I can just imagine - Joose you swine! :shakefist:
:above: That. You tricksy bugger!

Edit - Are we to pm joose with downtime? I was thinking we could stick a few lines here. Have I missed joose handing out karma?

Edit 2 - joose, what with my story involving working on some custom stuff for the arms dealer boss of mine amongst helping run the warehouse and look after the guns, are you going to send me generic tasks to roll on in my down time?

I pay for living in a fairly nice apartment near the warehouse, can we agree a wage and offset it with my cost of living depending on how many tasks I complete?
Joose
Turret
Turret

Post by Joose »

HereComesPete wrote:Edit - Are we to pm joose with downtime? I was thinking we could stick a few lines here. Have I missed joose handing out karma?
It would probably be best pm'd, partly because it will be easier for me to keep track of, partly because you won't necassarily always want everyone to know what you are up to. If you ususally post your downtime openly, then suddenly post downtime via PM, people get suspicious.

And no, im going to hand out karma tonight. Working it out now!
Edit 2 - joose, what with my story involving working on some custom stuff for the arms dealer boss of mine amongst helping run the warehouse and look after the guns, are you going to send me generic tasks to roll on in my down time?
Ive had some thoughts on that, and will probably x-fire you about it. The new rules on lifestyles in the runners companion cover your setup a bit better than the old rules did, so I would suggest using something along those lines. However, you could still pay for it by doing work for them during downtime. Like I say, I'll poke you over x-fire.

As for new characters: The guide on the wiki is certainly a good place to start, although Im going to be updating it to cover all the new stuff ive got hold of since I first wrote it. For the moment, if you are thinking of making a new character, poke me and I'll help you through it.
Roman Totale
Robotic Bumlord
Robotic Bumlord

Post by Roman Totale »

Dog Pants wrote:Bah. The people bit is where I come in and I completely neglected it. To be honest I'd put myself into the mindset that this was going to be the Shadowrun equivalent of Doom, so I just dug in and prepared to attempt to survive the thing.
You should have let Chopper do the negotiating :)

What do I have to do regarding this downtime lark? Let you know what I'm doing when not on a run?
Joose
Turret
Turret

Post by Joose »

Roman Totale wrote: What do I have to do regarding this downtime lark? Let you know what I'm doing when not on a run?
http://www.5punk.co.uk/wiki/index.php?title=Downtime
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

Roman Totale wrote:
You should have let Chopper do the negotiating :)
I let you negotiate with the bandersnatch didn't I?
Joose
Turret
Turret

Post by Joose »

Karmas!

I came up with a complex way of allocating Karma for you guys this afternoon. Then, when I went through and gave you all bonuses for the stuff you did well, you all ended up with the same amount each anyway.

So, award yourselves 20 Karma each!

Chopper: You got bonuses for all round luls and some expert grenade throwing.

Al: For massively killorizing a lightbulb (it made me chuckle) and for being the first to notice the film references.

Frank: For making a serious amount of mess emptying shotgun rounds into ghouls, and impressively not dying when the bandersnatch hit you. Would have killed most people outright.

Leland: For heroic (or possibly suicidal) amounts of magic use, and some funny roleplaying (ie, zapping chopper with a light stun spell to make him stfu).

Well done all!
deject
Berk
Berk

Post by deject »

woo! :boogie:
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

Yay! :w00t:

I'll crack on with some downtime then, after I've spent it.

Are we allowed to know who else we'll have along so I don't waste my karma on first aid only to have a medic along next run, or is that just the chance I take?
Joose
Turret
Turret

Post by Joose »

Yeah, ive been thinking about that, but I'll start another thread for it.
Roman Totale
Robotic Bumlord
Robotic Bumlord

Post by Roman Totale »

:thrust:
Roman Totale
Robotic Bumlord
Robotic Bumlord

Post by Roman Totale »

Actually, there's a question - what was that thing I blew up with the grenade? And what was that 'eyes of the demon' stuff about?
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

King Willy, from Predator 2 wrote:You don't see de eyes of de demon 'til dey come callin'.
deject
Berk
Berk

Post by deject »

Roman Totale wrote:Actually, there's a question - what was that thing I blew up with the grenade? And what was that 'eyes of the demon' stuff about?
Probably just a generic ghoul I bet.
Joose
Turret
Turret

Post by Joose »

Actually, it was the bandersnatch.

You blew the shit out of the room he was in, but he resisted a *stupid* amount of damage from the grenade. Actually made me rather nervous as to whether you would be able to kill him at all.