The Second Forumised Shadowrun Adventure

For games played by men (and women) with beards, such as tabletop RPGs.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Joose
Turret
Turret

The Second Forumised Shadowrun Adventure

Post by Joose »

Alrighty then. Im about ready to kick off with this now, and Pete has sent through his character, which I have approved, so I think we are good to go. Anyone got anything they want to sort out with their characters before we kick off?

Also, just before we do, Im going to be introducing the new character to the team during the start of the mission, giving you guys a chance to say hello. This does mean that you wont be able to get him to make/adjust anything for you pre-mission.

Another aside; something I realised after the last mission, from reading the new books: Who can drive DP's Limo is a moot issue for the most part, as all modern cars are equiped with a system that is essentially an autopilot. If you are just going from place to place, and no fancy driving is needed, *nobody* needs to be driving.
Last edited by Joose on February 1st, 2009, 12:02, edited 1 time in total.
Roman Totale
Robotic Bumlord
Robotic Bumlord

Post by Roman Totale »

Just one question - where on the character sheet do we put the money and karma that we got from the last mission?
deject
Berk
Berk

Post by deject »

I think you should grab my character sheet since I've bought some gear and such since you looked at it last.

http://www.apathymachine.com/Leland_Wilmot.xls
deject
Berk
Berk

Post by deject »

Roman Totale wrote:Just one question - where on the character sheet do we put the money and karma that we got from the last mission?

Your Nuyen and Karma go at the top with your name and stuff.
FatherJack
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by FatherJack »

Stickied
deject
Berk
Berk

Post by deject »

FatherJack wrote:Stickied

you mean it's not going to end up on page 5 again? woo!
HereComesPete
Throbbing Cupcake
Throbbing Cupcake

Post by HereComesPete »

Joooose, can us haz gaem plox? Ktnx.
Joose
Turret
Turret

Post by Joose »

Heh, ok, I guess theres no more questions then. Go Tiem:

Al is contacted, again by Sergey the fence. He tells you that a Mr J is looking for some guys for a simple demolitions job. He has already found a guy to handle the explosives, but he will need some backup. If you are interested, he has given you the direct contact details for the Mr J to arrange a meet. Who's making the call then?
deject
Berk
Berk

Post by deject »

I think Al should make the call since it's his contact, but I definitely want to be at the meet.
Roman Totale
Robotic Bumlord
Robotic Bumlord

Post by Roman Totale »

I don't mind calling him...

:lol:
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

Roman Totale wrote:I don't mind calling him...

I'll make the call :roll:

I'd suggest we all meet up with the Mr J, but that Chopper runs cover. It's safer all round that way.
Roman Totale
Robotic Bumlord
Robotic Bumlord

Post by Roman Totale »

On the way, Chopper decides that he's going to pick up a couple of frag grenades. You know, just in case.
deject
Berk
Berk

Post by deject »

Roman Totale wrote:On the way, Chopper decides that he's going to pick up a couple of frag grenades. You know, just in case.

From the Mexican on the side of the road selling frag grenades from the back of his truck for $1/pound?

I'll also head to the meet as soon as I know where it is.
Joose
Turret
Turret

Post by Joose »

Roman Totale wrote:On the way, Chopper decides that he's going to pick up a couple of frag grenades. You know, just in case.

you can If you like. You will need to make a test for it though. Grenades are classed as "forbidden", meaning that there is no legal way for you to own them, meaning that you would have to get them off some kind of dealer. Meaning you would have to find such a dealer. To cut a long story short, its an extended test, target number is 10, against your charisma+negotiation (unless you want a contact to do it for you, in which case you basically use thier stats and they get a cut). Interval is 12 hours, but if you more than scrape past I would make it much less time than that.

In the meantime:

Al makes brief contact with the Mr J. He introduces himself as Mr Pastukhov ("none of that Mr Johnson govno, Da?") and tells you the address of a small diner he want to meet in. He doesn't say much else, as he says he doesn't trust technology to be secure.

Al, you have heard of Mr Pastukhov before. He's a reasonably well known Mr J in Seattle, and is known locally as "Pappa Pastukhov". He is known to be pretty trustworthy, as far as jobs go, although he has some odd behaviour. He has never been seen outside of the diner he meets runners in, and no matter what time people want to meet him there, he always seems to be there, mid-way through a meal. No one is sure who he works for (or rather, *everyone* is sure, and they all disagree) but its likely one of the big corps.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

Heh, nice. I like the sound of this guy.

I'll pass on what I know to the others so that they can feel a little more secure and head over, picking up anyone who needs a lift along the way. I'll dress appropriately for the area, maybe just slightly overdressed.
deject
Berk
Berk

Post by deject »

I'll leave my gun at home and head on over at the appropriate time in my car.
Roman Totale
Robotic Bumlord
Robotic Bumlord

Post by Roman Totale »

Chopper wrote:I'll just mooch around the neighbourhood looking cool then.

Lo-fi cool.
deject
Berk
Berk

Post by deject »

nonchalant? :lol:
deject
Berk
Berk

Post by deject »

Is there anything else doing or should we just head over to the restaurant then?

I think I'll go meet up with Chopper outside and wait for Al to show up. Maybe do a little assensing before we meet.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

You should sense my ass arriving soon.