None, I'm a big girl and scared of leaving the comforts of the internet
3%
Warfighters
No votes
Paintball
34%
Airsoft
17%
Any or all of the above - I WANT TO KILL THINGS!
45%

Total votes: 29

Fred Woogle
Zombie
Zombie

5punk Simulated War Weekend

Post by Fred Woogle »

Chatting to people this weekend, we've been talking about a weekend of playing soldiers. There are a few options,

Paintball, Airsoft & Warfighters

I have vouchers for certain paintball sites to enable to be cheaper. But I also know a few site owners, so I might be able to get a special rate.

Airsoft seems less accessable to do than paintball.

And the other option is Warfighters - http://www.warfighters.eu - which is laser type stuff.

I think we should make a weekend of it, either using someones house as a base if possible, or booking into a travel lodge or something (£26 a room for 3or4 people, so dosn't cost alot when split down) - plus I know from experience, these things are much more fun with a hangover or still a bit drunk.

We would have the option of saturday or sunday for the activity.

I will look into prices for the different activities.

So who's interested?

*T-Baging is compulsory*
Last edited by Fred Woogle on April 24th, 2009, 13:54, edited 3 times in total.
Dr. kitteny berk
Morbo
Morbo

Post by Dr. kitteny berk »

YES! any of that*.

*depending on stuff.
Roman Totale
Robotic Bumlord
Robotic Bumlord

Post by Roman Totale »

I'd certainly be up for that (depending upon time/cost etc).

Went paintballing in Thetford Forest the other weekend for my brother's Stag-do. Bloody brilliant it was, and incredibly well organised. The guys who run it are very professional - very safety focused but in a way that doesn't detract from the game. Only downside was that it highlighted how out of shape I am - was still knackered about two weeks later, and can only just about run again now. Also: bruises.

Never done Airsoft, don't know a great deal about it other than people posting pictures of their guns. Laser stuff, fun but not quite the same.
TezzRexx
Dr Zoidberg
Dr Zoidberg

Post by TezzRexx »

A yes from me, providing I can steal a lift if its far.

Paintball FTW.
Joose
Turret
Turret

Post by Joose »

yay to paintballs. Painfull funtiem.
Anhamgrimmar
Ninja Pirate
Ninja Pirate

Post by Anhamgrimmar »

Hmmm, i was gonna say anything but that quasar shite, but it actually does look pretty good! and i do like the idea of not fannying around with masks and stuff.

But then again, theres no pain involved (unless i grab some bayonets from work....)
Fred Woogle
Zombie
Zombie

Post by Fred Woogle »

Anhamgrimmar wrote:Hmmm, i was gonna say anything but that quasar shite, but it actually does look pretty good! and i do like the idea of not fannying around with masks and stuff.

But then again, theres no pain involved (unless i grab some bayonets from work....)

Hmmm, this is from warfighter, about some of the stuff they have

Code: Select all

RAM - Real Action Marker [Ballistic]
A new concept is CQB training, the world's first paintball marker using realism in operation and visuals. The RAM offers safety and operation training like you have never had. With its appearance and operation like the real weapon (M4 rifle, MP5 sub-machine gun, AK47, Sig P226 and Glock 17 pistols), including rounds that eject casings after each shot (excludes pistol), fully operational 20-round magazines and a full range of weapon accessories. RAM's use two types of rounds, solid rubber and paint. We use RAM's for all our indoor Force-On-Force missions.

AEG - Automatic Electronic Gun [Ballistic]
Airsoft weapons are ideal guns for for learning room clearing and weapon drills. They are powered by either gas or electric motors and are ideal for close quarters combat training. Unlike the RAM's 43.cal/68.cal rounds, AEG's fire a small 6mm plastic pellet. We use airsoft weapons for room clearance drills on paper targets.
Hehulk
KHAAAN!
KHAAAN!

Post by Hehulk »

What's the word then Ty? :)
Dr. kitteny berk
Morbo
Morbo

I seem to remember reading some stuff about the warfighter stuff being kinda crap (but the forum I read it on is down atm)

maybe painball would be the best option? i'm sure we'd save some cash if we got 10 or moar going. :)
Hehulk
KHAAAN!
KHAAAN!

Post by Hehulk »

Well, given that 13 people voted, I imagine 10 would be doable
buzzmong
Weighted Storage Cube
Weighted Storage Cube

Post by buzzmong »

*Remembers Ty's based in Brighton*

I'm not far away in P'mouth! Wooo!
ProfHawking
Zombie
Zombie

Post by ProfHawking »

Paintball gets my vote! but airsoft is also alright.

The last time i went paintballing it was £5 to rent all the gear for half a day, and £6/100 paintballs, which i think is pretty good unless you have your own gear & paint.

It's just south of St Albans:
http://maps.google.co.uk/?ie=UTF8&ll=51 ... &z=12&om=1
MIkkyo
5pork
5pork

Post by MIkkyo »

I WANT TO KILL THINGS!!!! But you're all a bit far from me.
Mr. Johnson
Mr Flibbles
Mr Flibbles

Post by Mr. Johnson »

MIkkyo wrote:I WANT TO KILL THINGS!!!! But you're all a bit far from me.

:above: :(

oh well, i'd just end up with the least points anyway :)
Fred Woogle
Zombie
Zombie

Post by Fred Woogle »

I'm going to have a closer look at this at some point to see what there is, I would reckon it would be best to do something between may-july, as they seem to be the best months for things like this.

But will post ideas and see what people think.

This is generally a good paintball event - http://www.warpedsports.com/cgi-bin/ult ... 8&t=000289
http://www.warpedpaintball.co.uk/big-game.asp

You are proberly looking about £75 for the game entry/camping/players party/paint. It may seem a bit pricey, but its a really good laught.

And I think the idea of entering an as Team 5punk or Team Bukkake is fucking awesome. If people are up for this, I can also look at getting T-shirts printed up through some of my contacts.

This event would get my vote. And I know both the generals, 1 is from my team (Cambo, the southern general) and Al (the northern general) I have known for about 5/6years. Both are very good generals, and will guarentee a great days play, regardless of winning and losing.

I am quite happy to take command of a squad of 5punkers, and give basic commands, and provide advice on the field.

I will look at getting us some radios, and I will find out about keeping in contact with our general, so we can get where the action is thickest and stuff.

I will have a look through my equipment and see what I have to provide for people, but equipment will be available for hire.

So what you guys think? I think we need at least 5 to make this a worthwhile option as a team, but if a couple of people are interested, I will talk to my paintball team about bringing you along as guests - this will be guarenteed to be very full on and fast paced, with lots of orders. as we will the team who is taking command of the south side.

Cheers
Ty
amblin
Zombie Spanger
Zombie Spanger

Post by amblin »

Last edited by amblin on May 5th, 2014, 19:26, edited 1 time in total.
ProfHawking
Zombie
Zombie

Post by ProfHawking »

I'd be up for shooty based shenanigans! As long as its drivable and is over a weekend i can make.
Count me in!!
Anery
Optimus Prime
Optimus Prime

Post by Anery »

My two pennath worth... go for the airsoft option. I am an airsofter myself and apart from the fact that I can go running around with my babies (G36, MP5 SD5 with grenade launcher) there are a number of reasons why it is superior:

1. Wonga. Airsoft is cheaper, £25-35 for rental (weapon & 500 bbs) and £15-£20 walk on fee. Ammo is also cheaper about £6 per 500 bbs where as paintball can be anywhere from £5 per 100 and considering it will be an all day thing...

2. Tactics!. In paintball everyone is the same everyone has the same weapon and whilst this may seem to make the game fairer it tends to make it a tad boring. Airsoft has variety, people have specific roles to play (you aint going to get a sniper to go and do a house clearance are ya?) which means you havbe to use proper tactics. And you know the feeling you get when you get the drop on that fucking sniper that has been having your ass for breakfast the past 7 deaths? it is even better for real!

3. Staying Power. Airsoft games can last all day! lots of games involve re-gen/spawn points where you go when you die, this means games can last hours (indeed some events last over weekends) and people are not getting hit within 5 min of each game and having to sit the rest of it out and, lets face it, not really enjoying value for money.

OK so there are bad points about airsoft, the twat with the minime putting 30 rounds a second into your leafy hideaway is not nice, trigger happy eejits who insist on hitting you when you are out (applies to paintball to though, I might add) and people who don't 'take their hits'. The latter can be dealt with by sneaking up on em and rinsing them from behind (with a bb gun! not piss! though piss would be fucking funny I think bbs on the bell from short range will hurt like buggery)

Myself and the pants of dog have been discussing a zombie related weekend in york and I know of a couple of airsoft sites in the area so can put the two together and get - zombie frag fest!, hmm, just an idea...
Dr. kitteny berk
Morbo
Morbo

Anery wrote: the twat with the minime

He makes a good point. I vote airsoft. :) :) :)
Lateralus
Dr Zoidberg
Dr Zoidberg

Post by Lateralus »

Airsoft in York sounds good to me - not far away, and Anery makes a convincing argument for it! Only paintballed a couple of times and never tried airsoft, but if it's cheaper and involves less sitting out, then I'm all for that.