Help with Routers

If you touch your software enough does it become hardware?

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Rain
Kitten
Kitten

Help with Routers

Post by Rain »

Hey all,

I have a Linksys BEFSR41 router - which i (used) to think was great but latley it keeps dropping my connection and i have to restart everything (modem and/ or router)... i've just updated the firmware & it seems to have made the problem somewhat worse... i'm now thinking of just buying a new router but i'm not up on my hardware knowledge as i once was.

any help/ comments/ suggestions welcome

its driving me fucking piss mad.

Thanks.
deject
Berk
Berk

Re: Help with Routers

Post by deject »

Rain wrote:Hey all,

I have a Linksys BEFSR41 router - which i (used) to think was great but latley it keeps dropping my connection and i have to restart everything (modem and/ or router)... i've just updated the firmware & it seems to have made the problem somewhat worse... i'm now thinking of just buying a new router but i'm not up on my hardware knowledge as i once was.

any help/ comments/ suggestions welcome

its driving me fucking piss mad.

Thanks.
you know, oddly enough I have the exact same router and I have the same problems. I updated the firmware a couple of days ago and it appears that the problem is gone. of course, there's no guarantees, but Iwould definetly try it. Like I said, it seems to have worked.
Rain
Kitten
Kitten

Post by Rain »

The firmware fixed it for about 2 days before it started playing up again, some researching later told me linksys stuffs seem to die a lot just after the years warranty has run out (ive had it just over a year)... this was the case with my last linksys too it seems

- i just bought a netgear router, hopefully it will last a lot longer.