Enemy Territory: Quake Wars (Beta 2) - Second Impressions

Console/PC game reviews by 5punkers

Moderator: Forum Moderators

FatherJack
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by FatherJack »

Lateralus wrote:There should be a limit of 1 or 2 arty units per side I think, otherwise it just gets stupid.

I suspect they'll limit it as a lot of people are saying that, but I think that would be a shame.

One of the reasons I never go Commander in BeeF is that it's a big responsibility being the only one able to use artillery, and also it tends to piss people on the other team off. In QW, that's not a problem, as anyone can switch and have a go themselves/get their own back. In addition, they don't seem that hard to destroy.

Bombing the spawn points is always poor gamemanship, though - although can be excused a little, as people don't neccessarily know where the spawns are yet.

Also, did anyone else get the bug where their second screen just turns off as soon as QW runs? I don't remember the first beta doing it.
MIkkyo
5pork
5pork

Post by MIkkyo »

spoodie wrote:I was getting annoyed with it last night, especially when I had to reboot to get into the game after it kicked me out. I'm blaming Punkbuster for that.

I kept getting freeze ups on the 1st one, downloading number 2 just now to see if its any different