Morbo
Morbo

Post by Dr. kitteny berk »

you wanna delete the 5punk clan thing you made then? :lol:
HereComesPete
Throbbing Cupcake
Throbbing Cupcake

Post by HereComesPete »

Yet more from me! Unlocked a variety of things in different classes.

For soldier/aggressor- faster lock on, more ammo, faster charge setting.

Medic/technician- nowt, should try it really.

engineer/constructor- grenade/plasma launcher, something else cant remember.

the best things Ive unlocked are better armour for my vehicles and a flak jacket.

Also got my medal, now ive got 2 stripes, go me! :boogie:
Lateralus
Dr Zoidberg
Dr Zoidberg

Post by Lateralus »

I was twice told last night I'd gained ranks and unlocked stuff, but saw no evidence of it anywhere. :roll: I think it's good that promotions etc bring a variety of benefits rather than just weapons, but I hope that they don't sway the balance too much to put off newer players, because it could certainly be a big cause of rage.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

It could be that you only get your unlocks temporarily in the beta, or that the unlocks only count for that game in the whole game too, which is different but I can see the logic. I've only played with the Soldier unlocks, but it doesn't seem to particularly unbalance the game, just means you can shoot down Icarus (Icarii?) with missiles.
HereComesPete
Throbbing Cupcake
Throbbing Cupcake

Post by HereComesPete »

As opposed to unbalancing it, like you fear lat, I have found that it makes each fight a closer thing given current similar skill levels. Like spoodie said, with the normal lock on time for the rockets, you'd have to be fucking uber to get an icarus locked, with faster lock ons its not easy, but it is possible, and having a dude bounce up and down dropping bombs on you is fucking annoying when you can do shit all about it.
HereComesPete
Throbbing Cupcake
Throbbing Cupcake

Post by HereComesPete »

It looks like the xp you earn only lasts for so many games, then re-sets. Ranks are from medals. The stars you can see in the limbo menu equate to unlocks, but getting 4 stars before time runs out is pretty much impossible. I did however play a guy who has captain rank, Im guessing thats 100 hours+ and ~10 medals, he was a splash damage employee by the looks of his sig so I guess he may have been a programmer or similar.
Killavodka
Cheese Lord
Cheese Lord

Post by Killavodka »

shooting them with normal gunfire can work, especially with the larger caliber weapons... the bombs aren't that effective either since they have a long delay which normally lets most non-retards get out of the blast radius
HereComesPete
Throbbing Cupcake
Throbbing Cupcake

Post by HereComesPete »

True enough, the fact that they have a healthy orange glow to them is a nice visual indicator. But I do like to prey on the soldiers who insist on running about with the rockets out, their movement speed is impaired to the point that you have enough stroybombs to trap them, and a lot seem to forget that its easier to run and get perspective to shoot than spend time looking at the sky whilst standing still, which is nice when I play strogg.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

As a rocket whore myself, the reason why people try and rocket Icarus bounders is because the machine pistol you get is absolutely useless. It's underpowered, inaccurate, and has about half a second's worth of fire before you have to reload. If I get caught out and can't rocket someone I'll try and 'nade them (I've killed a flying Icarus before with a 'nade). If I can't 'nade them I'll knife them. I only use the MP if I accudentally select it and panic, or forget how shit it is and blat away with it in frustration.
HereComesPete
Throbbing Cupcake
Throbbing Cupcake

Post by HereComesPete »

True enough, I played last night against a couple of clanners who loved nothing more than to head up to the hilltop and spawnrape. I killed them by lying under the hut and watching them land, when they had killed everyone they stayed still to stroybomb the deployables, out I jumped to rocket the fuckers, I win, they have the gall to call me a camper! So I of course called them spawnraping cunts and teabagged their bodies.
MrGreen
Shambler
Shambler

Post by MrGreen »

Right click throw with a grenade, it sticks to whatever it lands on, bloody great for taking out Icarus cunts.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

MrGreen wrote:Right click throw with a grenade, it sticks to whatever it lands on, bloody great for taking out Icarus cunts.

That's extremely useful.