NWN2 video review

Console/PC game reviews by 5punkers

Moderator: Forum Moderators

deject
Berk
Berk

NWN2 video review

Post by deject »

I didn't really give it a score, mostly because I'm not finished with the game yet.

Google Video link

Download the video here (103MB).
Last edited by deject on November 13th, 2006, 17:55, edited 1 time in total.
Nickface
Ninja Pirate
Ninja Pirate

Post by Nickface »

103MBs? Christ man. :faint:
deject
Berk
Berk

Post by deject »

Nickface wrote:103MBs? Christ man. :(
I tried youtube, but they complained about it. I'm now attempting to put it on Google Video.
Grimmie
Master of Soviet Propaganda
Master of Soviet Propaganda

Post by Grimmie »

C'est bon!
Woo Elephant Yeah
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Woo Elephant Yeah »

After watching that for 2 minutes, I decided it's far to beardy for me.
Also, does anyone else think the graphics look a bit shit for a brand new game, or is that down to the settings on your machine?
deject
Berk
Berk

Post by deject »

Woo Elephant Yeah wrote:After watching that for 2 minutes, I decided it's far to beardy for me.
Also, does anyone else think the graphics look a bit shit for a brand new game, or is that down to the settings on your machine?
Well, the graphics are definitely not as good as the could be, and for what you get the requirements are a bit high.
spoodie
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by spoodie »

That was very good. Although it could have have done with more of the proper game and less of the character creation, but maybe the beardies like it.

I still don't want to buy it though. The most complicated I can cope with is Fable and maybe some KoTR.
FatherJack
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by FatherJack »

Woo Elephant Yeah wrote:Also, does anyone else think the graphics look a bit shit for a brand new game, or is that down to the settings on your machine?
30 seconds of aural defecation here: http://fatherjack.net/videos/aural2.wmv

It shows the graphics aren't too bad, but not particularly magical for a new game. This is part of a review I was working on which highlights some of things I like/dislike which deject's rather nice review hadn't touched on, but it's clear I need to sort few technical issues first. Fraps isn't recording my in-game sound and that clicking my mic is producing needs to be sorted. Can't sort the unintelligible dialect, unfortunately.
tandino
Ninja Pirate
Ninja Pirate

Post by tandino »

Sufficiently beardy, thanks Deject. Also Fatherjack, thank you for doing what I couldn't be arsed to - I had every intention of playing it lots and reviewing it but things like Uni and work get in the way. Arse!

I agree though, for what is essentially not a mind blowingly good looking game, it demands a hell of a lot. I was trying to do the bit with the Neverwinter Watch raiding the warehouse and I had to bung it down to 800x600 with low res textures and no shadows (on my Geforce 6600GT with 256 mb ram) and it still ran like a leper goat - I think XFire was running though but with in game chat turned off. Whereas I can usually run it at 1280x960 on medium res textures with no problems. Madness! Corking story though, all theatrical and cloak and dagger.

Also the companions are a pleasure to be around most of the time. When they're not fucking things up at least. Bar Goat-Girl, her voice gets on my tits something awful.

Anyway ta again mate.

[slit his throat]