Eve Online - PC

Console/PC game reviews by 5punkers

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Nickface
Ninja Pirate
Ninja Pirate

Post by Nickface »

Here's a question, do I have to give out a CC# to do the free trial?
Lee
Optimus Prime
Optimus Prime

Post by Lee »

You control a single ship so fleet battles etc involve a lot of team work. If you want to see some screenshots theres plenty here , click archive to see more, although its mostly pictures of ships. If you want to see the game in action you might want to look at some of these videos: http://myeve.eve-online.com/download/vi ... =5&order=2

And no Nickface, no CC is required for signup, you just need some one who subscribes to email you a cd key.
Strawberry Dragon
Ferret
Ferret

Post by Strawberry Dragon »

Lee wrote:
And no Nickface, no CC is required for signup, you just need some one who subscribes to email you a cd key.

I just went here -

https://secure.eve-online.com/ft/?aid=100972&nogreet=1

and it let me sign up to a trial without a CD key. Hope I did it right...

Also, one good advantage of this game is that skills are learnt in real time, even if you are offline. I'm probably not going to have enough time to invest in it right now, but I can still log on every so often to start learning a new skill, so by the time Easter/Summer comes around, I should have a decent character who can fly more than a baked bean tin.

So if you think you might play in the future, it might be a good idea to start now :)

My first impressions are that EVE is a very good game, but sloooooow to get into.
Last edited by Strawberry Dragon on March 9th, 2006, 18:26, edited 1 time in total.
Hehulk
KHAAAN!
KHAAAN!

Post by Hehulk »

Strawberry Dragon wrote:
Lee wrote:

I just went here -

https://secure.eve-online.com/ft/?aid=100972&nogreet=1

and it let me sign up to a trial without a CD key. Hope I did it right...

Well, it worked, so that's a yus :)
centerededgedesign
Optimus Prime
Optimus Prime

Post by centerededgedesign »

And now we have a training corp to help you start off without alot of pressure.....
Chickenz
Optimus Prime
Optimus Prime

Post by Chickenz »

although i heard nothing but good things about this game when i subscribed for the month to give it a go i was extremely dissapointed. Not with the game but the sheer lack of time i had to play it, 4 hours clocked up in xfire over a month. I would have loved to have played it properly but there is only so much you can do (as i discovered) before it all seems repetitive and slow and boring
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

M4niachicken wrote:although i heard nothing but good things about this game when i subscribed for the month to give it a go i was extremely dissapointed. Not with the game but the sheer lack of time i had to play it, 4 hours clocked up in xfire over a month. I would have loved to have played it properly but there is only so much you can do (as i discovered) before it all seems repetitive and slow and boring

To be fair, after four hours of play I wouldn't expect you to be doing anything more than low-level mining and courier missions. You'd be hard pressed to even go ratting after that time. The game gets better the longer you play it, due to the interactivity with other players, then other corps, then alliances. True, there's a limited amount of ways to earn money at first, but these are a means to an end and not the reason why people play the game.
Dr. kitteny berk
Morbo
Morbo

Post by Dr. kitteny berk »

M4niachicken wrote:although i heard nothing but good things about this game when i subscribed for the month to give it a go i was extremely dissapointed. Not with the game but the sheer lack of time i had to play it, 4 hours clocked up in xfire over a month. I would have loved to have played it properly but there is only so much you can do (as i discovered) before it all seems repetitive and slow and boring

This was pretty much my experience. i sank 44 hours into it but found it slow and repetitive, not to mention the fact i found it pretty difficult to get into the whole 5punkorp thing (i expect the new fwapper corp will help with this).

When it comes down to it, i'd much rather spend the time that eve requires* with less demanding games and mrs. berk.

*to get started, especially.
friznit
Heavy
Heavy

Post by friznit »

Strangley never had this problem. It may have been that I joined at a time when the corp was mining for their first battleship and then went of to buy a POS (Player Owned Station :boogie: ) All was new and exciting and even lowly me had an important role hauling stuff around the Eve galaxy. It's been fun and games ever since - not to mention the political intrigue, corporate espionage, diplomatic wranglings and economic dealings of the game that have got me totally hooked. I..just...can't stop playing it :lol: