Heroes of the Storm

Talk on any game/console that doesn't have its own forum, including browser-based games

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Joose
Turret
Turret

Re: Heroes of the Storm

Post by Joose »

You know, I think if it were me I would have gone further in the other direction with the scoring. As it was I would frequently end up in games with a team that was obsessed with team fights over all other concerns. This lead to things like losing on a match with the pirate cannon map, despite having way more kills than the opponents and being a higher level than them, because the rest of my team were completely ignoring the gold. The other team hoovered it up, ran away from team fights and cannoned the shit out of us. Giving an even clearer indication of kills is surely just going to reenforce that bad play.

I would have changed it to some kind of Contribution score. Take all the things that contribute to a win, including kills but also minion kills, siege damage, healing and map mechanics, add all of that up for each player on a team and at the end of the match give them a percentage reflecting how much each player contributed. Obviously, the ideal being everyone on a five man team getting a 20% score. Killed a bunch of the other teams heros but didnt do fuck all else? Low score! Didn't kill a single person but handed in enough coins to take out the other team's base all on your own? Very high score!

The only possible issue I could see with this is that people in general are bad at maths and might not understand that 20% is good. That's easily fixed though, give people a percentage based off what they *should* be contributing. If you contributed 20% of the teams score, you get 100%. If you only contributed 10% of the teams score, you get 50% and everyone can rightfully be angry at you.
Anery
Optimus Prime
Optimus Prime

Post by Anery »

There has been some lengthy "discussion" about it on the forums. General consensus appears to be that the move was a bad idea and that the old system was far better at fostering a team attitude. Oddly enough, during our recent DOTA games I said that I thought the score board wasn't helpful in reflecting my contribution to the game - now I feel exactly the same way about HoTS.

Oh, and if you are bored of Cho'Gall's then take a giant killer hero for a spin - it's funny until the enemy team realises why their Cho keeps losing all that health, then you get squished a lot.
fabyak
Home-made Big Daddy
Home-made Big Daddy

Post by fabyak »

As a result of getting a shiny new graphics card I have a download code for this which I assume must give you the not free heroes. As I play this sporadically at best it would be much better used by someone who would actually use them!

Who wants an early Christmas present?
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

Which heroes does it give you? There are quite a few.
fabyak
Home-made Big Daddy
Home-made Big Daddy

Post by fabyak »

Looks like the Kaijo Diablo bundle.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

Oooooh nice! I'd like that, but MJ plays Diablo more than me (and S2B and Anery play the game a lot) so they'd benefit more than me.
Mr. Johnson
Mr Flibbles
Mr Flibbles

Post by Mr. Johnson »

I'm tempted. I can't really afford skins and such at the moment so I would be grateful but I already got a free lili from Anery last time. Maybe Bits would like it?
shot2bits
Zombie
Zombie

Post by shot2bits »

I'm good thanks you chaps take it, Ive already got Diablo and a few skins
Anery
Optimus Prime
Optimus Prime

Post by Anery »

I'm good ta, Diablo (game) owners get Diablo (the hero) for free and I don't play him - or any other tank for that matter - anywhere near enough to warrant a skin.
Mr. Johnson
Mr Flibbles
Mr Flibbles

Post by Mr. Johnson »

Anery wrote:I'm good ta, Diablo (game) owners get Diablo (the hero) for free
Really? I had to buy him. Maybe he came with reaper of souls, I bought that after I got Diablo in HOTS.

Anyway, if no one else will take the skin or wants a free diablo then I'll take it.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

Can Diablo and the skin be separated? I don't think I have Diablo so if it's going spare I'll have it, but not at the expense of the skin for MJ.
Mr. Johnson
Mr Flibbles
Mr Flibbles

Post by Mr. Johnson »

We're making this pretty complicated so if you can't separate it Pants can have the whole lot.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

Nah don't be daft. I have a Raynor skin and my pretty Anub'Arak love heart skin.
fabyak
Home-made Big Daddy
Home-made Big Daddy

Post by fabyak »

:? I'm confused!
Mr. Johnson
Mr Flibbles
Mr Flibbles

Post by Mr. Johnson »

Allright fine. I begrudgingly accept the diablo + skin.
Anery
Optimus Prime
Optimus Prime

Post by Anery »

I suspect this is a pointless waste of time, not because you guys won't get to level 10 but because I think you are all already too high to be eligable for this.

Basically, if you agree to be recruited (by me) then you will receive Raynor gratis. If you get to level 10 you get Sylvanas too. If 4 of you get to level 10 I get a vulture mount. You must be level 5 or under to qualify.
Quite possibly the worst promotion I've seen for a long time.