Games of 2015

Talk on any game/console that doesn't have its own forum, including browser-based games

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Joose
Turret
Turret

Re: Games of 2015

Post by Joose »

Shada wrote:also, GTA4 was a failure of a release! It ran like absolute garbage on most people's machines and I think it was part of the reason rockstar decided not to release RDR on the PC. Wasnt as much as a failure as when GTA3 first came out though, yeesh.
This. GTA4 required excessive amounts of twiddling to even run at all when I got it.

They may have just done a Titanfall and left something entirely uncompressed. That game came with 35 gig of uncompressed sound files, allegedly for performance reasons, resulting in a purely multiplayer game that had only a handful of maps taking up almost 50 gig of my hard drive. 65 gig for something with the size and detail of GTAV doesn't seem that unreasonable.
deject
Berk
Berk

Post by deject »

65GB might be a problem...

Joose
Turret
Turret

Post by Joose »

Moar drives! MOAR!
FatherJack
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by FatherJack »

Joose wrote:
Shada wrote:also, GTA4 was a failure of a release! It ran like absolute garbage on most people's machines and I think it was part of the reason rockstar decided not to release RDR on the PC. Wasnt as much as a failure as when GTA3 first came out though, yeesh.
This. GTA4 required excessive amounts of twiddling to even run at all when I got it.
Ah, I guess I held off buying it until it was in a sale/bundle as I'd already had enough of taking my cousin bowling on the 360. By then time I did, I didn't have any probs with it.
Last edited by HereComesPete on January 14th, 2015, 21:39, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed quoting
Mr. Johnson
Mr Flibbles
Mr Flibbles

Post by Mr. Johnson »

A little heads up: Titanfall is on sale on Origin this weekend, pick it up whilst you have the chance as it a good, dynamic shooter that's a bit like cod4 only with mechs and wall jumping. Be sure to get the deluxe edition for all the maps.