War and Peace Revival

News and important info, general banter, and suggestions for 5punk

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Taraniis
Ferret
Ferret

War and Peace Revival

Post by Taraniis »

Not the book, http://www.thewarandpeacerevival.co.uk/, while technically not a game and it does require you to go outside. I shall be going along because, tanks.

It isn't cheap by any stretch of the imagination but its a blinding weekend. I will be there all week as a few of us are taking some WWII Jeeps up there for giggles and being the local roads bloke I have to make sure that the heavy armour doesn't get stuck in the nearby villages. My job is amazing.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: War and Peace Revival

Post by Dog Pants »

I do love those vintage vehicles. The missus let me loose in Bovington while visiting Weymouth a few years ago and I was like a little kid. I'd love to have the time and money to restore something, but both are in short supply so only a lottery win would make that an option.
Taraniis
Ferret
Ferret

Post by Taraniis »

Yeah the money is ridiculous but then this stuff is vintage and there are few 'finds' left as most of France and Belgium has been cleared out. You're looking at 5 figures even for a non-running Jeep. Armour is a lot less because of the logistics of having Ito look after a tank but they aren't cheap.

If you go Cold War period you can pick stuff up for pence in comparison. An OT-64 or BTR-60 will cost about £15,000. In fact you could probably pick up an OT-64 for £7,000. 5punkbus anyone?
buzzmong
Weighted Storage Cube
Weighted Storage Cube

Post by buzzmong »

Day ticket prices seem OK to be honest. I'd certainly like them to be cheaper, but I do pay that + parking when I go off to the NEC for the Bike Show every year.
Taraniis
Ferret
Ferret

Post by Taraniis »

The parking is free, also South Eastern are running the HS1 service to Westenhanger on the day so you could be there from London in less than an hour on public transport as the station is right outside the venue
Koakona
Svenno
Svenno

Post by Koakona »

that looks awesome
Taraniis
Ferret
Ferret

Post by Taraniis »

It is. It is really awesome, especially when they get the tanks out.
danuk1984
Mouse
Mouse

Post by danuk1984 »

I went to the WAP show at the hop farm for years and years growing up. My step dad had a few vehicles there, it was one of my fave events of the year. But in the later years it started to get stupidly expensive for exhibitors as well as day-trippers, still on balance worth it I thought.

I've not been to a show there for 5 years or so, the last time I was there one of the tanks rolled over on the off road course. Oh and someone set light to their caravan with a BBQ. Good times.

The hop farm itself was always interesting to wander around.
Taraniis
Ferret
Ferret

Post by Taraniis »

Yeah its not War and Peace without a caravan fire or a piece of heavy equipment going for a wander.

The new site is much better and I think that Rex Cadham is organising it now with plans to actually buy the racecourse so it is his little playground for future years which should knock the price down a bit.