S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 dead, team reforming to make F2P shooter

Where we come together to shoot 5punk.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

deject
Berk
Berk

Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 dead, team reforming to make F2P shoote

Post by deject »

IMO, the Complete mod isn't really necessary for Shadow of Chernobyl, but it does add some great graphical enhancements that don't stray from the style of the base game and a few nice tweaks that make the game much nicer (like repair NPCs so that you can fix your VSS Vintorez when it gets dodgy). I'd say you might as well play with it.

Clear Sky absolutely NEEDS its Complete mod, because there is some seriously broken shit going on without it:

-Enemies tracking & shooting you through bushes and such that you absolutely cannot see through
-Enemies throwing infinite amounts of highly lethal grenades with impossible accuracy at insane ranges. They will literally hit you in the face with a grenade from 150m away, and I am not exaggerating here one bit.
-Enemies protruding their guns through walls and shooting you
-Lots of generally broken quests

I haven't tried the Complete mod for Call of Pripyat because CoP is the most well-polished S.T.A.L.K.E.R. game by far, almost completely devoid of bugs that are noticeable.

I actually haven't tried L.U.R.K. because it has some very fundamental gameplay changes that I didn't like the sound of, and I had a lot of other stuff I could play. I've heard great things about it from those who like a more hardcore experience though.
deject
Berk
Berk

Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 dead, team reforming to make F2P shoote

Post by deject »

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/04 ... ore-106031

Hmmmmmm, I'm not sure I get what they're trying to do with this. It sounds like it will be almost totally instanced when you're out in the game world but without any persistence. The world of the Zone wasn't totally persistent, but having everything reset every time might be lame.