0x10c aka Notch's new space game

Massively Mongy Online gaming. Bum your way through the internet public.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

buzzmong
Weighted Storage Cube
Weighted Storage Cube

0x10c aka Notch's new space game

Post by buzzmong »

So, http://0x10c.com/ is up. Notch hasn't put up many details.

I know from what he's previously talked about, he wants to make something Elite-like, which is a good thing, however, I'm suprised by the fact he's going to include an emulated 16-bit CPU in there as one of the games main features.

Be damned if I have to do assembly work.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: 0x10c aka Notch's new space game

Post by Dog Pants »

It's potentially interesting. The monthly sub puts me off somewhat, but I don't know enough about the game to judge it yet.
Dr. kitteny berk
Morbo
Morbo

Post by Dr. kitteny berk »

I like the idea, and if the monthly sub is reasonable (4.99 or less, IMO) I'll be pretty interested.
friznit
Heavy
Heavy

Post by friznit »

Looks a bit...exclusive. Very much a coders dream, but for everyone else it'd be a bit out of our depth unless an online market for code snippets and programs springs up.
TezzRexx
Dr Zoidberg
Dr Zoidberg

Post by TezzRexx »

I really like the idea, especially of the hard science and the always-on emulation.

Sounds like it's going to be very in depth and have the ability to make / share really cool things :D
Mr. Johnson
Mr Flibbles
Mr Flibbles

Post by Mr. Johnson »

Sounds like it's way above my head.
Joose
Turret
Turret

Post by Joose »

Dog Pants wrote:It's potentially interesting. The monthly sub puts me off somewhat, but I don't know enough about the game to judge it yet.
From what I gather, the monthly sub is an optional thing that you only need to get access to the multiplayer aspect of it. I imiagine you will be able to bum about with the singleplayer and then decide if you want to use multiplayer.

One of the quotes from Notch (cant remember where it was) suggested that there might be three levels to the multiplayeriness: Single player, standard mutliplayer on a server (a la MC) and then the full MMO style multiplayer. I hope that is the case, as I think I would be quite happy playing a limited multiplayer without a sub.